OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2014, 12:35 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2014, 21:25 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
I sent it to my practice partner. It looks like a good drill. I think I must be part "pushblocker" because I use a lot of shots similar to yours, at a lower level, of course.

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2014, 21:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very nice! :up: :up: :up:

Was he telling you where to put them Pushblocker, or were you just mixing them up?

I'm impressed how low you're managing to keep most of your blocks :clap:

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2014, 21:45 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

haggisv wrote:
Very nice! :up: :up: :up:

Was he telling you where to put them Pushblocker, or were you just mixing them up?

I'm impressed how low you're managing to keep most of your blocks :clap:

Sometimes, he tells me to put the ball to a certain spot but other times, I just attack to any place..

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 05:13 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Have you ever tried these drills with a towel placed across the middle of the table on your coaches side. It will force you to get the depth of your returns either very short or close to the end of the table? Might help focus not just on direction but control of depth. You seemed to have more trouble with a ball wide to your backhand when using LP's - don't know if tha'ts because you reach for the ball and lose control of the bat angle or not because you don't have that problem when blocking with the LP's chicken wing style to your forehand where you hardly missed.

You also seem to be much more aggressive in your style of play. Attacking with forehands and twiddling off the backhand and attacking with the inverted on that wing too. It's like you're fed up of people rolling a slow high ball to your backhand to keep you pinned down on our backhand LP side. I've seen videos of people use that tactic against you in the past effectively.

If you transfer this training approach in to your actual matches I think you will be a much more dynamic and dangerous player than you have been in the past. Very interesting development in your game. I look forward to you posting your next competitive match and seeing whether you can carry / impose this aggressive approach (even the blocks are aggressive rather than passive/containing blocks) in to your competitive matches and the effect it has on your opponents tactics against you.

Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 08:37 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Debater wrote:
Have you ever tried these drills with a towel placed across the middle of the table on your coaches side. It will force you to get the depth of your returns either very short or close to the end of the table? Might help focus not just on direction but control of depth. You seemed to have more trouble with a ball wide to your backhand when using LP's - don't know if tha'ts because you reach for the ball and lose control of the bat angle or not because you don't have that problem when blocking with the LP's chicken wing style to your forehand where you hardly missed.

You also seem to be much more aggressive in your style of play. Attacking with forehands and twiddling off the backhand and attacking with the inverted on that wing too. It's like you're fed up of people rolling a slow high ball to your backhand to keep you pinned down on our backhand LP side. I've seen videos of people use that tactic against you in the past effectively.

If you transfer this training approach in to your actual matches I think you will be a much more dynamic and dangerous player than you have been in the past. Very interesting development in your game. I look forward to you posting your next competitive match and seeing whether you can carry / impose this aggressive approach (even the blocks are aggressive rather than passive/containing blocks) in to your competitive matches and the effect it has on your opponents tactics against you.

Thanks for posting.

Haven't done it with a towel but my coach places broken balls at certain locations and asks me to put the ball somewhere between them. When it comes to matches, I'm still mostly blocking if my opponents attack. I'm not planning in getting in looping rallies. However, in case that my opponents play it safe, I will attack and that has worked pretty well so far. I'm still missing some critical shots due to lack of confidence but that should change soon..

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 17:06 
Super User

Wow...I've been watching this video for the last day or two since it was posted...How much for an hour? (Not sure if I could last the intensive multiball training, that's quite a large cage of balls). If I ever got coaching again i would take this video and say thats what I want!!

Just a few comments. I like how Coach Fraiman tailored the drills to your game. That is, the backbone of your game remains the same pushblocking style bh dominated although i didnt see too much pushes, it was more a couple of blocks with the bh and then back to hitting with the fh, always integrating the new fh element into your old game in different match situations.

Also as debater pointer out, it appears to be quite a serious workout, you weren't foolin around even though it was practice...

Excellent post for all of us aspiring pushblockers, thanks!

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 21:08 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

timeout wrote:
Wow...I've been watching this video for the last day or two since it was posted...How much for an hour? (Not sure if I could last the intensive multiball training, that's quite a large cage of balls). If I ever got coaching again i would take this video and say thats what I want!!

Just a few comments. I like how Coach Fraiman tailored the drills to your game. That is, the backbone of your game remains the same pushblocking style bh dominated although i didnt see too much pushes, it was more a couple of blocks with the bh and then back to hitting with the fh, always integrating the new fh element into your old game in different match situations.

Also as debater pointer out, it appears to be quite a serious workout, you weren't foolin around even though it was practice...

Excellent post for all of us aspiring pushblockers, thanks!

We do more drills.. Those were just a few of them. I do practice pushing too. Coaching is $30/hour