OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 07:09


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2014, 12:35 
Offline
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 23:08
Posts: 2280
Location: Lakeland/Florida/USA
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times
Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX

_________________
2010 Florida State Champion
Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus with DHS G888 1.8 mm and Giant Dragon Dragon Talon OX National Team


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2014, 21:25 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 19:52
Posts: 731
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
I sent it to my practice partner. It looks like a good drill. I think I must be part "pushblocker" because I use a lot of shots similar to yours, at a lower level, of course.

_________________
--- Push/Chop or Attack ---
USATT 1684 left, Lost it all by playing sick and hurt.
No legs left, no more backing up, just smash it!
Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2014, 21:32 
Online
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 32045
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1676 times
Been thanked: 1138 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Very nice! :up: :up: :up:

Was he telling you where to put them Pushblocker, or were you just mixing them up?

I'm impressed how low you're managing to keep most of your blocks :clap:

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Re-Impact Blades | Butterfly Table Tennis bats
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Butterfly Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2014, 21:45 
Offline
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 23:08
Posts: 2280
Location: Lakeland/Florida/USA
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times
Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
haggisv wrote:
Very nice! :up: :up: :up:

Was he telling you where to put them Pushblocker, or were you just mixing them up?

I'm impressed how low you're managing to keep most of your blocks :clap:


Sometimes, he tells me to put the ball to a certain spot but other times, I just attack to any place..

_________________
2010 Florida State Champion
Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus with DHS G888 1.8 mm and Giant Dragon Dragon Talon OX National Team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 05:13 
Offline
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2008, 09:04
Posts: 2166
Location: Lancashire
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 291 times
Blade: Magic: Wand
FH: Confusion
BH: Paranoia
Have you ever tried these drills with a towel placed across the middle of the table on your coaches side. It will force you to get the depth of your returns either very short or close to the end of the table? Might help focus not just on direction but control of depth. You seemed to have more trouble with a ball wide to your backhand when using LP's - don't know if tha'ts because you reach for the ball and lose control of the bat angle or not because you don't have that problem when blocking with the LP's chicken wing style to your forehand where you hardly missed.

You also seem to be much more aggressive in your style of play. Attacking with forehands and twiddling off the backhand and attacking with the inverted on that wing too. It's like you're fed up of people rolling a slow high ball to your backhand to keep you pinned down on our backhand LP side. I've seen videos of people use that tactic against you in the past effectively.

If you transfer this training approach in to your actual matches I think you will be a much more dynamic and dangerous player than you have been in the past. Very interesting development in your game. I look forward to you posting your next competitive match and seeing whether you can carry / impose this aggressive approach (even the blocks are aggressive rather than passive/containing blocks) in to your competitive matches and the effect it has on your opponents tactics against you.

Thanks for posting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 08:37 
Offline
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 23:08
Posts: 2280
Location: Lakeland/Florida/USA
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times
Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
Debater wrote:
Have you ever tried these drills with a towel placed across the middle of the table on your coaches side. It will force you to get the depth of your returns either very short or close to the end of the table? Might help focus not just on direction but control of depth. You seemed to have more trouble with a ball wide to your backhand when using LP's - don't know if tha'ts because you reach for the ball and lose control of the bat angle or not because you don't have that problem when blocking with the LP's chicken wing style to your forehand where you hardly missed.

You also seem to be much more aggressive in your style of play. Attacking with forehands and twiddling off the backhand and attacking with the inverted on that wing too. It's like you're fed up of people rolling a slow high ball to your backhand to keep you pinned down on our backhand LP side. I've seen videos of people use that tactic against you in the past effectively.

If you transfer this training approach in to your actual matches I think you will be a much more dynamic and dangerous player than you have been in the past. Very interesting development in your game. I look forward to you posting your next competitive match and seeing whether you can carry / impose this aggressive approach (even the blocks are aggressive rather than passive/containing blocks) in to your competitive matches and the effect it has on your opponents tactics against you.

Thanks for posting.

Haven't done it with a towel but my coach places broken balls at certain locations and asks me to put the ball somewhere between them. When it comes to matches, I'm still mostly blocking if my opponents attack. I'm not planning in getting in looping rallies. However, in case that my opponents play it safe, I will attack and that has worked pretty well so far. I'm still missing some critical shots due to lack of confidence but that should change soon..

_________________
2010 Florida State Champion
Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus with DHS G888 1.8 mm and Giant Dragon Dragon Talon OX National Team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 17:06 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 15:21
Posts: 998
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 42 times
Wow...I've been watching this video for the last day or two since it was posted...How much for an hour? (Not sure if I could last the intensive multiball training, that's quite a large cage of balls). If I ever got coaching again i would take this video and say thats what I want!!

Just a few comments. I like how Coach Fraiman tailored the drills to your game. That is, the backbone of your game remains the same pushblocking style bh dominated although i didnt see too much pushes, it was more a couple of blocks with the bh and then back to hitting with the fh, always integrating the new fh element into your old game in different match situations.

Also as debater pointer out, it appears to be quite a serious workout, you weren't foolin around even though it was practice...

Excellent post for all of us aspiring pushblockers, thanks!

_________________
A big bag full of blades and long pimples, donuts and coffee!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 21:08 
Offline
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 23:08
Posts: 2280
Location: Lakeland/Florida/USA
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 32 times
Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
timeout wrote:
Wow...I've been watching this video for the last day or two since it was posted...How much for an hour? (Not sure if I could last the intensive multiball training, that's quite a large cage of balls). If I ever got coaching again i would take this video and say thats what I want!!

Just a few comments. I like how Coach Fraiman tailored the drills to your game. That is, the backbone of your game remains the same pushblocking style bh dominated although i didnt see too much pushes, it was more a couple of blocks with the bh and then back to hitting with the fh, always integrating the new fh element into your old game in different match situations.

Also as debater pointer out, it appears to be quite a serious workout, you weren't foolin around even though it was practice...

Excellent post for all of us aspiring pushblockers, thanks!


We do more drills.. Those were just a few of them. I do practice pushing too. Coaching is $30/hour

_________________
2010 Florida State Champion
Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus with DHS G888 1.8 mm and Giant Dragon Dragon Talon OX National Team


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: