OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2017, 23:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 21:32 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Some may frown at this. Long pips are mostly thought of as a defensive weapon, with low sensitivity to spin and effective for chopping.
However, a good number of us also use them as an attacking weapon. This section is for us. :up:

So what do we want here? I suggest...
  • Questions about whether to change - from other coverings to pips, from defense to attack
  • Questions and tips on technique - "How to handle this", and "this works for me"
  • Questions and tips on equipment - "What can I use", "this is how it may affect your style"
  • Videos - perhaps primarily use the videos subforum, but if there is a video illustrating LP attack, it should fit in here too.
All within the context of an attacking/allround playing style.

List is expandable. Make suggestions in this thread, and we'll discuss it (or promptly include without further ado). Some subjects may be better suited for other areas, but I guess we'll find out as we go.

Note that I have moved the initial responses to this post into new topics. This thread should be mainly to discuss what should be in this section. For "real stuff", start a new thread in the LP Attacking subforum. For the initial posters, feel free to edit the post title (subject) if you are not satisfied with my suggestion :)

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2013, 01:44 

I also interested in this topic about attacking with LP. Just recently (in fact, just 1 week ago) I changed to LP for my BH with intention to attack (after I saw Zhou Xintong on youtube). If someone willing to share and give tips on this forum, I will be gratefull.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!