OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Flicking with short pips
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 00:50 
Super User

Blade: Appelgren Allplay
FH: Mark V GPS 2.0
BH: Reflectoid 2.0
Is flicking (flipping) with short pips similar to doing it with inverted? Is it easier? I've read that it's better to go on the offensive sooner with short pips, so flicking is may times better than pushing. My inverted flick is "wristy", resulting in a fast spinny, low ball. Is the flick with short pips more flat?

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 01:48 

THE GAMEr wrote:
Is flicking (flipping) with short pips similar to doing it with inverted? Is it easier? I've read that it's better to go on the offensive sooner with short pips, so flicking is may times better than pushing. My inverted flick is "wristy", resulting in a fast spinny, low ball. Is the flick with short pips more flat?

Yes--the flick is flatter with pips out compared to inverted, however, you can generate considerable spin if you want. One of my favorite techniques is "banana-flipping" with Spectol on my BH. I was doing this shot back in the 90's long before it became popular with the inverted crowd of today. I normally aim this shot at the right hip of my opponent or out wide off his BH sideline. I find that pips out seems to generate more sidespin than topspin and banana-flipping a BH or reverse FH sidespin serve often makes my return jump several inches sideways which makes most opponents handle my return cautiously.

If I ever use the pips on my FH, my favorite receive is a slow flip to the switch point of my opponent in which I try to make my flip as "dead" as possible.

Larry

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 06:26 

Does anyone know of a video that shows this with sp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!