OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2009, 18:49 
Mars Attacks!

Hi Guys,
I posted some diagrams of Fukuoka's unusual reverse BH tomahawk serves earlier in this post but here are some slow mo vids of her crazy serve.
It obviously takes great co-ordination and apparently she has lots of variations in spin.

I would imagine it would be quite intimidating to return serve against it the very first time you saw it, I think I would be too busy muttering WHAT THE !!! to have chance of getting it back but it would be fun. :? :cry:

or

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 21:21 
VaMP-ire Killer

sorry to bump this, but im amaized at how long this post has been going. I actully gave up the the serve, as I found new ways to confuse people with my serves (realy helps that i can play my FH and BH serves with both pips and reverse), i ahve a nice combo of Bh serves with almost the same action right now, but dealing side, back, top, or a combo of 2 of teh 3 in one serve, it does get a few

Mars63 wrote:
I know a lot of people think tomahawk serves are old hat but I love them and they have always made up a big part of my service variation I have even found that many of the younger players I face have not even experienced returning them.

this is very true, we have a guy at the friday club who can deal these serves very well with a lot of spin, and he can do it with backspin or top spin. In doubles I have mixed sucess, mainly caus 15% of the time I want to rush the shot because I know my BH shot on the pimples can give me a point, 60% of the time I will return one of these serves and win the point from it (best one was he didnt get enough side spin on and I returned in straight down the line, confusing his partner who though it would go around the area of his FH and not down the line of his BH)

Mars63 wrote:
Haruna Fukuoka who I think uses medium - long pimples and has a very nasty reverse chop block. ( well worth looking for some of her vids to see her good use of spin variation)

these kinky serves are having a bit of a Renaissance .

wow good looks and a deadly serve

that last picture kinda reminds me of my serve when I slide down on the ball like that. Sadly i cant ready that language so does she put side on the ball aswell? can some one explain that serve to me step by step if possible?

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX