OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 May 2011, 17:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
We've had lots of discussions on this topic, and judging by the vote it's clear that the majority of people do want it re-opened and uncensored. However we should also be sensitive to those that were against it, and take their comments into account, to see if we can make some compromises. So we will re-open the section and restore the earlier discussions, but make a few changes to the section:

1. We will rename the section to "Recreational / Experimental section" - this makes it more obvious that many of the discussions may not be suitable for formal competitions.

2. We discourage (not forbid) people to post guides/methods about how to cheat, or for them to post/gloat about how they played/won with illegal equipment in formal competition. If they do wish to talk about topics like this, we request from them to clearly indicate in the text that this is not legal for formal competitions.

3. The section remains for 'members only' and is not indexed by search engines.

4. The heading / logo will have a red tint background whenever you're reading a post in the experimental section, so that even if you read the thread via a link, instead of going into the section, you will still be aware that you're in this section.

We should be allowed to talk about any topic in this forum, but we need to show that we, as a forum community that wants to promote and grow our sport, encourages fair play and do not endorse any type of deliberate cheating. This way, new or young people who read threads about modifying equipment, are made aware of this and don't think it's OK to do it, as everyone's is talking about it, so it must be ok. I see this as us merely being responsible, and encouraging fair play as a forum, not banning any topics for discussion.

For those that were/are against this section re-opening, I hope that you will accept that this was a clear majority decision, and will not try and seize further opportunities to make you point of why you're against it, and learn to either tolerate or ignore threads that discusses illegal equipment.

Similarly for those that did vote FOR this section, I hope you will respect that some people may not like discussions of illegal equipment, and be sensitive and tolerant towards their viewpoint.

PostPosted: 09 May 2011, 18:05 
Stir Crazy

Good work, haggisv.

Best wishes everyone! :)

PostPosted: 09 May 2011, 20:20 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Thank you Alex, freedom of speech has been hard fought by many down the years, this was/is the only logical and sensible outcome, well done.

PostPosted: 09 May 2011, 21:32 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

I used to treat my pimples, but my Mother just made me eat more vegetables and they went away after that

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 09 May 2011, 21:42 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
rodderz wrote:
I used to treat my pimples, but my Mother just made me eat more vegetables and they went away after that

My complexion cleared up when I started spending more time in the sun. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 May 2011, 02:16 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Fair outcome.

PostPosted: 10 May 2011, 04:50 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
We've had lots of discussions on this topic, and judging by the vote it's clear that the majority of people do want it re-opened and uncensored. However we should also be sensitive to those that were against it, and take their comments into account, to see if we can make some compromises. So we will re-open the section and restore the earlier discussions, but make a few changes to the section:

1. We will rename the section to "Recreational / Experimental section" - this makes it more obvious that many of the discussions may not be suitable for formal competitions.

2. We discourage (not forbid) people to post guides/methods about how to cheat, or for them to post/gloat about how they played/won with illegal equipment in formal competition. If they do wish to talk about topics like this, we request from them to clearly indicate in the text that this is not legal for formal competitions.

3. The section remains for 'members only' and is not indexed by search engines.

4. The heading / logo will have a red tint background whenever you're reading a post in the experimental section, so that even if you read the thread via a link, instead of going into the section, you will still be aware that you're in this section.

We should be allowed to talk about any topic in this forum, but we need to show that we, as a forum community that wants to promote and grow our sport, encourages fair play and do not endorse any type of deliberate cheating. This way, new or young people who read threads about modifying equipment, are made aware of this and don't think it's OK to do it, as everyone's is talking about it, so it must be ok. I see this as us merely being responsible, and encouraging fair play as a forum, not banning any topics for discussion.

For those that were/are against this section re-opening, I hope that you will accept that this was a clear majority decision, and will not try and seize further opportunities to make you point of why you're against it, and learn to either tolerate or ignore threads that discusses illegal equipment.

Similarly for those that did vote FOR this section, I hope you will respect that some people may not like discussions of illegal equipment, and be sensitive and tolerant towards their viewpoint.

Thanks very much,
Thomas

PostPosted: 10 May 2011, 06:37 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

:) Okay and thank you.

PostPosted: 10 May 2011, 06:41 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

mynamenotbob wrote:
rodderz wrote:

My complexion cleared up when I started spending more time in the sun. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lucky you didn't say microwave lol :lol:

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 10 May 2011, 13:33 
Super User

good...good...good....