OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 May 2011, 10:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think coaching sites are vital to our TT community, as many people do not have access to 'live' coaches, so this could be the next best thing.

For us as a forum, I think we should support reputable coaching sites if we can, and so we'd like to create subforums in our "Techniques, strategies, coaching" section, dedicated to such sites.

I think it offers benefits to both members and the coaching site:

Benefits for our forum:
1. The coaching site only posts the information in their own section, which helps keeping it organised, and provides a useful resource for those that are interested.
2. It's a way for us to support new and upcoming sites that are useful for the TTcommunity. It can be very hard to get sites started.

Benefits for them:
1. They can freely talk about their site, the latest news etc, without having to watch every word to make sure they don't feel like they're spamming.
2. It promotes their site, and it becomes better known.
3. Member can offer feedback, so if it's a useful resource, others can find out about it.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 May 2011, 17:10 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
haggisv, how will this differ to the forum section which already exists - "Professional Players/Coaches?

Brian Pace has a thread in there where he answered questions and he has his own coaching website too.

PostPosted: 20 May 2011, 19:43 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Debater wrote:
haggisv, how will this differ to the forum section which already exists - "Professional Players/Coaches?

Brian Pace has a thread in there where he answered questions and he has his own coaching website too.

A good point

The new section is meant to be about supporting coaching websites, and Brian pace's site would certainly qualify for this as well. :up:

The old section was more about direct conversation and Q&A with coaches and professional players, not so much about their sites.

I did consider making these new sections as subforum of the "Professional Players/Coaches" section, but felt it was more appropriate as a subsection of the main coaching section, which is also a lot more active.

PostPosted: 20 May 2011, 23:02 

Can I please have something similar for my site under 'table tennis interviews and articles'?

Thanks