OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 04 May 2024, 03:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 12:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
Did you see that Cecil? the Old Duffer said there is someone else with bats like mine, maybe there is something to the fact that a variety of bats can be experimented with on the path to WORLD DOMINANCE!

I don't expect an immediate response from you, I know you can only get to the computer occasionally.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 15:04 

Hi Glennholder,

I didn't have any fishing charter work today so I got some time on the internet allowed to me during the day! So you are lucky I got to reply to you so soon.

Those are some weird looking bats. The edges where your fingers go look sharp, don't they hurt your fingers? Your bats remind me of the markers we put in the ground here to peg out where works have to be done :lol: (hey I just discovered these things, how great are they?)

I have managed to get a picture of my best bat on both sides. One side is purple and the other is blue. Its a bit hard to tell in the picture I think.

I am getting a new bat when they guy from Sydney's friend gets here for a fishing charter in a few weeks. I'm great now but I'm going to be truly amazing once I get that bat!

Attachments:
File comment: Blue side
mybat2.jpg
mybat2.jpg [ 119.11 KiB | Viewed 1155 times ]
File comment: Purple Side
my bat1.jpg
my bat1.jpg [ 119.59 KiB | Viewed 1155 times ]

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2013, 15:39 
Super User

Of course you will be Cecil, you're going to learn a good lesson when you come to WA to play in some of the tournaments. When you do so well all of your claims will be correct and you will have been the greatest TT player to ever live.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2013, 16:39 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Do they still use yellow 38mm balls on the isle

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2013, 15:39 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

foam wrote:
Do they still use yellow 38mm balls on the isle

Don't be silly, foam. The only balls that have any use over there are at least 44 mm and rainbow-coloured. When the balls get a little old they use them to build rafts.

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 01:06 

I got my ruler out and measured the balls we use and they are about 4cm across as far as I can tell. Does this make them a 40mm ball? We get our balls from the mainland whenever someone visits there they usually pick us some up. They are usually white, but sometimes orange. Never seen a yellow one, or a rainbow-coloured one, although that would be cool I think.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I am continuing to practice with the bat I posted pictures of until my new one comes and I am playing more and more fantastically all the time. I even hit a shot today that hit the top of the netpost and landed real fast on the opposite side of the table. I'm going to start practicing that shot, I reckon its a winner and the opponent has no idea of what is happening.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 11:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Cecil!

Your bats look pretty good, they probably are great for power shots.

The shot off the net post is worth practicing, I think Bobs_Your_Uncle has been practicing that one, and he can hit it more than 50% of the time.

(I shouldn't tell you this, but some of the guys on the mainland have been practicing a lot, cuz they are intimidated by the likelihood that you will arrive and over-power them)

Keep up the action at your end!

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 12:58 

Boy, have we been practising! It's kind of a dreadful thought knowing that a great player could be knocking on your door any time now. You do have doors, don't you? I suppose I just figured that island life meant a string of corks or netting over the entrance. But that's probably just romantic thinking.

Regarding the 'net' shot, this is something that we've had to start learning to defend against. It's not nice thinking that someone can just pull that move like they're bringing in marlin. We're now contemplating using eye-wear to avoid any stray balls going for that region. Now, hang on there, Cecil - don't even think about perfecting a shot that targets body parts! I think you'll find it's not allowed by the rules of the game, i.e. Geneva Convention.

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 16:46 

Oskar wrote:
Boy, have we been practising! It's kind of a dreadful thought knowing that a great player could be knocking on your door any time now. You do have doors, don't you? I suppose I just figured that island life meant a string of corks or netting over the entrance. But that's probably just romantic thinking.

Regarding the 'net' shot, this is something that we've had to start learning to defend against. It's not nice thinking that someone can just pull that move like they're bringing in marlin. We're now contemplating using eye-wear to avoid any stray balls going for that region. Now, hang on there, Cecil - don't even think about perfecting a shot that targets body parts! I think you'll find it's not allowed by the rules of the game, i.e. Geneva Convention.

Oh I just worked out what this quote button does I think. It lets me "quote" what you said I think.

OK, so Oskar you have been practicing? Do you live in Perth or play at this great club Dandenong that I will visit after I get to Perth? Actually I don't think so, as I saw a post about this Petr Korbel coming to your club Ballarat. Is this right? You seemed pretty excited about some old bloke coming to visit. If I came to this Ballarat, you would be jumping for joy I think then. But does your club deserve me to visit it when I become famous, which will be soon after I get to the mainland I am sure.

And of course we have doors here on the island. Well we do on the main buildings anyway. Many of the huts just have netting to keep the mosquito's out.

Have you ever caught a marlin Oskar. It's not an easy thing to do. It can take hours and hours of fighting the fish just to tire it out so it won't destroy the fishing gear or break the line with its power. There is no comparison between this and the shot I described which I have now perfected. I have Roland moving in one direction to hit the ball and it bounces off the net post and across to the other side for a winner. I believe I can thrash anyone on earth now I have this shot perfect. And why would I target body parts unless its a smash from off the table? Hitting the person hardest, means losing the point. I would never do that!

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 16:47 

glennholder wrote:
Cecil!

Your bats look pretty good, they probably are great for power shots.

The shot off the net post is worth practicing, I think Bobs_Your_Uncle has been practicing that one, and he can hit it more than 50% of the time.

(I shouldn't tell you this, but some of the guys on the mainland have been practicing a lot, cuz they are intimidated by the likelihood that you will arrive and over-power them)

Keep up the action at your end!

Oh I love this quote button!

Glennholder thank-you for the information. I shall always value your friendship!

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2013, 08:10 

CecilTheGreatest wrote:
Oh I just worked out what this quote button does I think. It lets me "quote" what you said I think.

OK, so Oskar you have been practicing? Do you live in Perth or play at this great club Dandenong that I will visit after I get to Perth? Actually I don't think so, as I saw a post about this Petr Korbel coming to your club Ballarat. Is this right? You seemed pretty excited about some old bloke coming to visit. If I came to this Ballarat, you would be jumping for joy I think then. But does your club deserve me to visit it when I become famous, which will be soon after I get to the mainland I am sure.

And of course we have doors here on the island. Well we do on the main buildings anyway. Many of the huts just have netting to keep the mosquito's out.

Have you ever caught a marlin Oskar. It's not an easy thing to do. It can take hours and hours of fighting the fish just to tire it out so it won't destroy the fishing gear or break the line with its power. There is no comparison between this and the shot I described which I have now perfected. I have Roland moving in one direction to hit the ball and it bounces off the net post and across to the other side for a winner. I believe I can thrash anyone on earth now I have this shot perfect. And why would I target body parts unless its a smash from off the table? Hitting the person hardest, means losing the point. I would never do that!

Cecil, you will always be welcome at the Ballarat club. Just remember that we do have a dress code, meaning you'll have to wear shoes and a shirt, but you can keep your straw hat on. Just to put our club into perspective, when you arrive in Ballarat you'll find the veritable 'end of the rainbow' with regards to club facilities (27 permanent tables with a club membership of about 200). It has been said by many a world traveller that our club is the best in the Southern Hemisphere, if not the world. Well, we do have good quality sausage rolls in the kiosk.

I've never caught a marlin. The best I've ever pulled in (besides my own head) is a few snapper. Tasty little gems.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 10:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Dear Cecil,

I can really relate to your soon coming path to stardom.

I’ve had a bit of the same path. I live in a VERY cold place in Canada, it too is isolated, not because of it being an island, but because it is FAR away from big, warmer cities.

So, I practiced REAL hard a few years ago, then I went to Toronto, and I surprised a lot of their best players. I wasn’t the best, the problem was my age, I was 46 at that time. But I was in the top 10 players in Canada!*

So, it is VERY IMPRESSIVE when a new guy shows up and he can make the shots that count!

Now, the level of play in Australia is higher than it is in Canada, and I’m sure that you will be up to the competition with your skills.

Has your new bat arrived? With your kind of power, a spinnier bat would give more topspin, and your fast shots would curve down better to hit the table, EVEN better than before, if you can picture that!

I appreciate your friendship, and please keep in contact!

(*between the age of 45 and 47, and among those with serious eyesight problems)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 15:30 
Super User

Hey Oskar when does the Ballarat tournament begin?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 16:17 

Bobs_Your_Uncle wrote:
Hey Oskar when does the Ballarat tournament begin?

Which tournament in particular. Currently we're playing through a short summer season. We have three club pennant seasons per year. A couple of Championship nights. A Veterans Open. Probably a few Junior and Senior competitions.

Or were you thinking of something else?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 17:53 
Super User

The Ballarat open a few of my friends from SA go to that one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next