OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 14:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Japsican wrote:
Without video, not only did it not happen, but I'm not even sure you guys exist. How do I know you aren't both just internet bots, sophisiticated enough with AI and able to fool the Captcha login? :D

Well, let's see.

Hangdog has met me, and so now has JeanC. Rokphish has too. I've also met a lot of forum members who are no longer current. Rodderz has met someone several times who knows me since I was a sub-teen. So I'm pretty sure that makes me real :P :lol:

Rodderz, Cobalt (I think) and other non-current members have met Haggisv. And I've spoken to him on the phone. I've also met someone who knows him (who happens to be the inventor of Spinmax too). So I think he is real too. Mind you, we could all just be in the MATRIX, which would make none of this or anyone here real.....except perhaps THE ONE!! 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 15:28 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Reb, I like those odds on the head to head, are you taking bets? Can't lose if put a bit on both. 8)

Yes, I've had a hit against Haggisv, I averaged about 3 points per game. I've improved a bit since then though so I'd expect to average 3.5 now. :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 15:55 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Without video, not only did it not happen, but I'm not even sure you guys exist. How do I know you aren't both just internet bots, sophisiticated enough with AI and able to fool the Captcha login? :D

Well, let's see.

Hangdog has met me, and so now has JeanC. Rokphish has too. I've also met a lot of forum members who are no longer current. Rodderz has met someone several times who knows me since I was a sub-teen. So I'm pretty sure that makes me real :P :lol:

Rodderz, Cobalt (I think) and other non-current members have met Haggisv. And I've spoken to him on the phone. I've also met someone who knows him (who happens to be the inventor of Spinmax too). So I think he is real too. Mind you, we could all just be in the MATRIX, which would make none of this or anyone here real.....except perhaps THE ONE!! 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps you're all bots... :^) :lol: :lol:

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 15:59 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

"Bout"?
Let's vote. Should we ask them to put boxing gloves on? Or maybe wrestling? How about sumo wrestling?
:lol:

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 16:12 

Blade: Re-Impact Smart
FH: Hellfire OX
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.7mm
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Well, let's see.

If I go to Dandy tomorrow, is there a chance of recording an amateur video of this match? Hahaha

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 19:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

jeanc wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Well, let's see.

If I go to Dandy tomorrow, is there a chance of recording an amateur video of this match? Hahaha

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

Afraid not :lol: The when and the where is TOP SECRET! 8)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 19:36 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Cobalt wrote:
Reb, I like those odds on the head to head, are you taking bets? Can't lose if put a bit on both. 8)

Yes, I've had a hit against Haggisv, I averaged about 3 points per game. I've improved a bit since then though so I'd expect to average 3.5 now. :rofl: :rofl:

No bets. Can't bet on something that didn't happen (if no video comes out) :lol:

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 21:28 
Super User

It wouldn't matter if I did this; I've got no reputation to lose! :lol: :lol:
Still, though, I've got no clue as to how good you guys are - USATT is giberrish to me! :D
A vague idea of ratings central ratings might be helpful?

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 21:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't think either of us have ratings, I certainly don't since I don't play tournaments, and since we're from different states there is no AU rating system that has us both.

Although it would be nice to show a video, we certainly didn't plan to meet to show the world who's the better player. We've been online friends for about 10 years, so finally getting a chance to meet for real is just awesome.

I'm enjoying the banter though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 22:01 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

haggisv wrote:
I don't think either of us have ratings, I certainly don't since I don't play tournaments, and since we're from different states there is no AU rating system that has us both.

Although it would be nice to show a video, we certainly didn't plan to meet to show the world who's the better player. We've been online friends for about 10 years, so finally getting a chance to meet for real is just awesome.

Indeed the banter is why I began this thread...give the forum some lively ideas to throw around (maybe at our expense) :lol:

Edit: I do have an RC rating, but its not got enough results to be accurate. And a couple of underrated players this year have torn it to shreds even worse than it was lol

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 22:10 
Super User

Fair enough:
haggisv wrote:

You could troll us all and film a match with you both playing with your non-dominant hands! :D
Or hardbats. :lol:

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 22:30 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Indeed the banter is why I began this thread...give the forum some lively ideas to throw around (maybe at our expense) :lol:

Edit: I do have an RC rating, but its not got enough results to be accurate. And a couple of underrated players this year have torn it to shreds even worse than it was lol

You both have a much more relevant and up-to-date rating that you seem to be conveniently forgetting about ;)

A New OOAK Ranking - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29251&hilit=forum+rating

10. Haggisv (USATTE : ~2200)

11. So_Devo (USATTE: ~2200)
12. Kees
13. PRW (RC: ~1550 / USATTE : ~2150)
14. Def-Attack
15. Pipsy
15. Lorre
16. Retriever (RC-old: ~1500)
17. Hookshot (USATTE: ~2100)
18. Pushblocker (USATT:~2100)
19. Jeanc (RC: ~1400)
19. Reb (RC: ~1300(underrating) / USATTE: ~2050-2100)

It could be close, but one things certain - there's only one winner in this "contest" :lol:

The only down side is you're both being too nice to each other. I can see it now,

"oh I'm sorry Reb, I appear to have imparted more top spin which has reacted unusually to your LP's and gone into the net - please forgive me".
"Oh haggivs, my dear mate, that's quite alright as it was a very good shot you just played"
"why Reb that's mighty sporting of you" :clap:

Could you two ever engage in trash talk with each other?

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 23:02 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Debater, have you had spies out when I play? I talk to my opponents like this all the time :lol:

Fact is Haggisv plays mid-level State Level in South Aussie.

We don't have a weekly state level comp in Victoria, but I'm in Division 3 of my club's A grade. I think Vic's A1 club levels would play at the top end of South Aussie's state level. So , I'm guessing Haggisv would play a strong A2 level in my club, or maybe even low A1. I've beaten some of our A1 players and played in A2 a couple of times (with a 48% win ratio last time I did). So my best game might take a set or 2 off Haggisv, but that's about as trashy as I can be lol.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2016, 01:50 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Well, let's see.

Google programed you to say that didn't they? :devil:

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2016, 19:07 
I am Legend
I am Legend

You're all bots.
when SFHS and I met haggisv 6 years ago, we were pretty sure he was a terminator from skynet.

he terminated us on the table :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next