OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 18:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
For those of you that may be a little new to computers, or are new to the use of the internet and forums, we've got a little video here that shows you in detail how to register at this forum. Being registered has great benefits, some of which are shown in this video as well.

All the credit and thanks for making this video goes to our friend and fellow member debater, who kindly put this video together for us!

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 17:55 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Excellent video!!!

This is a great video for anyone such as myself or other computer noobs to understand how register on a forum.

A big THANK YOU to Debator for taking the time to make such a impressively made video :D :D

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 18:43 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Glad you think so too MM!

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 14:01 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Thanks for the positive feedback metal monkey / haggisv. It's nice to be able to put something back in to the forum.

If there is enough demand, the intention is to make more of these videos on subjects such as benefits of joining, bookmarks, user control panel, sending links to posts and other useful things - only this time the videos should be much shorter and snappier.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 14:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think there hasn't been much feedback on this video, since everyone here has already managed to make it past the registration process :mrgreen: However I think it's highly beneficial for those that are not that familiar with computers or forum!

I think it would be great to have some videos on how to use other aspects of the forum... It has so many useful features, some of which I'm only just discovering myself :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 15:14 
♫ Living On The Edge (Tape) ♫

Blade: Tibhar Stratus Power Def
FH: Rakza Z MAX
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz OX
It has instructions how to get to the forum whereas you'd need to get to the forum to watch the video! :lol:

Maybe we could convince Google to show it on their homepage.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 15:37 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

VincentB wrote:
It has instructions how to get to the forum whereas you'd need to get to the forum to watch the video! :lol:

Not really, there's many more people on youtube than there are here, so many would find it on youtube even if they weren't looking for it...

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 16:17 
♫ Living On The Edge (Tape) ♫

Blade: Tibhar Stratus Power Def
FH: Rakza Z MAX
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz OX
So, it's advertising as well?
If people were on YouTube, most of them would be able to register if they wanted to, I'd say.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 18:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

VincentB wrote:
So, it's advertising as well?
If people were on YouTube, most of them would be able to register if they wanted to, I'd say.

A bit of forum promotion doesn't hurt, but that's not what it was meant for... :mrgreen:

I think you take a lot of knowledge for granted, since you grew up with computers and the internet. A lot of people are quite new to all this, and this type of guide is just what they need...

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 19:18 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
The video is an option for people - to watch if they want and not if they don't. I agree registering may seem obvious to do but not for everyone - especially the email activation bit.

It was posted to YouTube as that was the easiest way for me to upload the video so it could be embedded here by haggisv. I also wouldn't call it advertising the forum - more raising awareness. If it was advertising I'd have included loads of great reasons to join and not simply "how to register". :lol:

I also think everything is relative. It's easy to do something if you know how. For example, do people know you can use the control panel to remove signatures and aviators from the view you see so the webpage is much "cleaner" and less cluttered in some peoples opinion. Or that at the top of each thread is an "email friend" option which is a very easy and fun way to send details of a great thread to someone who may not be a member - try sending yourself one. Or that there is a print thread option at the top of the each thread which if you click on some might some people might actually find easier to read than this threads view.

So many different things out there which some people might not know about. Unless you share it and the videos are one way, people may never know about them. For others yes, obviously it will seem obvious - but that will always be the case when you know the answer - as haggisv has pointed out. :wink: