OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 14:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: TT Balls for Club play
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 10:58 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
I have been wondering lately, where do people buy bulk TT balls for their clubs from?

Part of the chat is about getting good quality match balls, then getting large amounts of training balls. My local club is having this discussion now and it piqued my curiosity on what other clubs do re purchasing balls and where from.

Anything that you can pass on regarding your experience with bulk sales would be appreciated.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 12:03 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
How many is bulk? Our club of 60 regular players just orders a box of 72 or so every now and then, maybe every few months or more. The balls we get can vary each time depending on what is cheaper and available.

We are beginners to intermediate players, top players perhaps US 1500-1800.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 13:57 

Our club, Sky High - CO, has recently started using the new Joola ABS Balls. The 3-star, Joola Prime, is an excellent ball and runs about $90 for a box of 72. The 1-star version of this ball, Joola Magic Balls, plays very well and runs about $50 for a box of 72. We mix the 3-star and 1-star together and most of our players, including higher level, rarely notice the difference and simply use whichever ball they pick up.

Joola Badman OX
Joola Ultra Express 2.0

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 14:35 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
Cobalt wrote:
How many is bulk? Our club of 60 regular players just orders a box of 72 or so every now and then, maybe every few months or more. The balls we get can vary each time depending on what is cheaper and available.

We are beginners to intermediate players, top players perhaps US 1500-1800.

Bulk as in the range of one gross of balls. For each 3-star match ball and trainers. The club likes to buy in larger numbers to take advantage of economy of scale. For example a Box of 72 trainer balls would last about 3 months of play/training. Its not only losses due to breakages we suffer, but also loose some to light fittings and a mezzanine floor that has no access to it.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 15:07 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
The Nittaku J-Top balls seem to be highly regarded for training or club balls. A buddy of mine who was tired of losing/breaking NP40+ balls picked some up to try and they do seem pretty good. The only anomaly I've noticed is an occasional bad bounce and those were few and far between.
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/nittaku-j-top-training-40-120pcs-seam

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 17:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I DO HATE SLICK BALLS.

The plastic balls would get shiny and slick unplayable, as soon as after 2 hrs of play. You had better to take to a mint-quality ball for each new playing session, at least.

D40+ (1 Star *) is our preferred one, price USD 0.28 + endurance + quality superior.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2019, 08:10 

Blade: Pingskills touch
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Yinhe Moon Pro
The clubs I play at here in central Texas all use the Nittaku premium (made in Japan) balls for tournaments. The bigger club uses the J-top Nittaku (also Japan) from paddle palace for training. I like them they seem to play pretty similar to the premium Nittaku balls.. same texture, same bounce. These sell $90 for 10 dozen.

I put Kevenz balls from Amazon through the robot but I do not recommend them for much, the bounce is inconsistent and often wobble with spin.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2019, 16:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

For match quality balls (and general play) it'd be hard to find something better than the DHS D40+. Part of this is they don't cost very much (I've never used the Nittaku balls so I can't compare them). For robot use and multiball, I'd look for the same ball in one or two star quality, these would be available in larger boxes. It's the multiball that would make clubs buy balls by the hundred - it'd be the biggest contributor to ball mortality since they get stepped on so much. I visited a club a couple years ago that did coaching - they had a robot and did multiball. They had maybe a dozen boxes of training-grade balls (72 or 100, can't remember) in the back. While I was there the coach brought out a new box of balls, opened it and poured the lot into the robot's ball return trough (which already had a hundred balls in it).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2019, 14:59 

Blade: Pingskills touch
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Yinhe Moon Pro
Sounds like that club has tons! I am a fan of the DHS D40+ 3-star, they’re very good and cheaper than Nittaku premium. I would say they are pretty close in texture and consistency, the Nittaku ones feel maybe a bit heavier coming off the paddle. I pay almost $3 US for the Nittaku, while I pay about $2 US for the DHS 3-star. That’s from US shops though.

I think a lot of the players in this area use the Nittaku premium simply because it’s what the clubs use for tournaments.