OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2014, 15:18 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
ttnpp.com has the new Double Fish 3 Star balls 3 pack for $4
http://ttnpp.com/store/3-stars/733-double-fish-new-cellulose-acetate-material-3-stars-ball.html

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2014, 16:00 
The King

Over the last 2 days I have tried several plastic balls: dhs 3*, palio 3*, Xushaofa 3*, Joola 3*, tibhar 3*and Nittaku 3*. Some findings:

- Xushaofa ball was by far the hardest
- speed much lower than celluloid balls with all balls, it's like you're playing in slow motion
- bounce lower than with celluloid balls, ball doesn't bounce up on a spin or chop and just skids on the table
- less spin and unpredictable spin even, but I think that was mostly because most balls were not exactly perfectly round
- all balls larger than celluloid balls, you can spot the plastic balls among celluloid balls from meters away
- the dhs balls sounds closest to celluloid balls, to me this was the only one that didn't sound broken
- the Nittaku ball seemed to be the best/least bad

All in all nobody at the club was enjoying playing with the plastic balls. I'm sure technology will improve but the current plastic balls are too different from celluloid balls for mass acceptance.

As I wrote a while ago the plastic ball will not necessarily be bad for defensive players. You have more time to react and contrary to initial expectations it's much easier to chop balls low. Then again incoming spin doesn't bounce up but one can adjust to this.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2014, 23:58 

eacheng.net now has the following poly balls listed:

DHS 3-star $10.85/6 $1.81/ball ITTF approved
DHS 1-star $9.00/10 $0.90/ball CTTA approved
DoubleFish 3-star $5.50/3 $1.83/ball ITTF approved
DoubleFish 2-star $8.90/6 $1.48/ball Cellulose Acetate
DoubleFish 1-star $4.90/6 $0.82/ball
Palio 3-star $9.99/6 $1.67/ball ITTF approved
Palio 2-star $7.50/6 $1.25/ball 2-star+

Of note:

DHS 1-star is CTTA approved. Does this mean that CTTA sanctioned tournaments can use a 1-star ball? With how inconsistently round 1-star balls are, this doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

DF 2-star states it uses Cellulose Acetate. I was under the impression that all the seamed poly balls were being made from Cellulose Diacetate, a slightly different material. I wonder which balls are made from Cellulose Acetate and which from Cellulose Diacetate? And does that cause different ball behaviors?

Palio advertises its 2-star as 2-star +. Does this mean its better than a 2-star, but not as good as 3-star???

Larry

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 10:09 
Super User

larrythoman wrote:
eacheng.net now has the following poly balls listed:

DHS 1-star is CTTA approved. Does this mean that CTTA sanctioned tournaments can use a 1-star ball? With how inconsistently round 1-star balls are, this doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

DF 2-star states it uses Cellulose Acetate. I was under the impression that all the seamed poly balls were being made from Cellulose Diacetate, a slightly different material. I wonder which balls are made from Cellulose Acetate and which from Cellulose Diacetate? And does that cause different ball behaviors?

Palio advertises its 2-star as 2-star +. Does this mean its better than a 2-star, but not as good as 3-star???

Larry

The USATT has equipment approvals (per the logo on the package at least) on gear that is not legal in their own tournaments. Perhaps the CTTA approval mostly means, "we paid a fee to the CTTA ..."

Note that the 2*+ isn't ITTF approved. My bet is that these are simply the balls that they couldn't stamp with the 3 star label and that they somehow feel justified in suggesting that they are better than 2* quality.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2014, 16:41 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2014, 10:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I tried a Nittaku Made in Japan polyball today. They are not generally for sale, but when they do come out, this is what I will use (but hopefully they will not be too pricey). I found this closest to the celluloid ball, much better than the Joola 40+, which in turn was a lot better than the ridiculous XSF ball.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014, 01:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Thankfully,
Bulk supply of 50 grosses of DHS plastics ought to arrive our home Sporting Center next week at most late..

$0.8 a ball. Great happy bargain right from Shanghai factory,
Our coaching team's best admiration, --MultiBall drills is now becoming possible everyday for our minor younger groups.
Many 'thank you", darling China's Shanghai procurers.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014, 10:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Quite a few different 40+ balls are now sold by pingpong depot.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 12:01 

For those who don't know, I work at the Australian agent responsible for shipping in Butterfly and Nittaku products from the respective suppliers.

The reason I mention this is because we just received a large shipment of Nittaku SHA 40+ 3 Star Poly Balls today. This means they're now official available for purchase in Australia. : )

These are the Chinese made balls for those of you playing at home. I haven't had a chance to test one out yet, but the quality feels roughly the same as the Japanese balls at a basic feel. The Japanese balls are due to be released later this year.

I'll take some home and have a hit with them this afternoon to give some feedback.

Edit: Here's my feedback! I'm liking them! viewtopic.php?f=11&p=281053#p281053

Get on it!

Last edited by Bijou on 04 Sep 2014, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 15:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

For what it's worth - I like the 1 star Double Fish balls, and play with them pretty much all the time, so I went and ordered some 1 star Double Fish non-celluloid balls. To be honest, not very much different. The sound is slightly different, bounce seems about the same, but it kicks sideways slightly more than the celluloid ball does.

The price is the best part!

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2014, 12:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=2343469397

Dream price.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2014, 19:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The ball not to be broken easely.
Selling price $0.5 per one.
Meets entirely ITTF standards.

[div]

TRADING SEAMLESS XUSHAOFA BALLS FROM THE PRODUCTION SOURCE DIRECTLY.

just communicated with Mr. Franklin Yan, the boss of Minkow Shanghai Ball Plant, This sports goods factory now contracted to produce seamless balls for XuShaoafa and other brands.
NB// XSF is the patent holder and developer of new plastic materials, and The Minkow's factory is the balls maker.

Mr.Yan would be only too glad to cooperate with more forein resellers. He can offer a great price discount on a bulk supply.

To contact the Minkow 's tradinng department this way please
http://www.minkow.com.cn

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 08:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
How many do you have to buy to get $0.50 per ball? Would these be a non-branded balls?

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2014, 10:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
How many do you have to buy to get $0.50 per ball? Would these be a non-branded balls?

I am working to find out.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2014, 09:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
There now seems to be some doubt that this company is actually XUSHAOFA, so beware if you're trying to buy from this company direct.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next