OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2014, 11:21 

So I was trying to buy a joo se hyuk, tenergy 05 and my tsp curl p1r from TT-Japan.net, but I guess they just recently stopped selling Butterfly products. I have used my joo se hyuk for 6 months now, and its really starting to get beat up, plus I want a spare before I got to US nationals. I cannot seem to find a stocked Joo se hyuk blade ANYWHERE!!! Not Megaspin, not Paddlepalace, not even the butterfly headquarters has any, until december 30th!!. Does anyone know of any particular websites that sell a joo se hyuk blade? I really try to avoid tabletennis11, as everything they sell is extremely overpriced (about $140-150 for the blade, whereas in America it is $80).

Please let me know!

ALSO

Has any other modern defender played with the new nittaku premium balls yet? I havn't had a whole lot of practice with them, but the main thing I noticed was that the forehand was very inconsistent with these new balls. Not just because I can't adjust, but rather the inconsistency with the reaction of ball to rubbers. Is anyone else feeling the same problem? I can't see it getting betters with "more practice", because sometimes when people block my loops back, its reversal means it has topspin (how it should be), sometimes its a very dead ball with no spin, and sometimes they block and there is a small amount of backspin on the ball (similar to an anti-spin block, but with just less spin). Do you guys recommend any sort of rubber? I am probably going to stick with my T05 or T80 so that I don't make a huge change before nationals (december 16th). Please let me know everything you know about the new ball, and how to adjust to it! And thank you so much in advance for everything piece of information you have to offer :). I am so glad there is an active forum for me to ask questions and get legitimate responses to! I will try to answer anything if you have any questions!

Thanks again!

Andrew

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2014, 12:46 
Super User

My current setup is Joo FL with T05 FH max and P1R BH 1.0 (thanks Boogeyhunter for the TSP) . It's a bit fast but with partice its a good setup. I been playing with the Joola super P the past few weeks. Yes my chop has less spin and the loop is not as fast , but I also found its easier for me to return their loops. It's a heavier ball so the 'arc' is not as high and the ball doesn't alway bound out to you, but it's not a big difference, just google butterfly table tennis in Japan and you can find a few dealers that sell BTY for way less then any online sites and they will ship to USA

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2014, 22:33 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
AndrewL12 wrote:
So I was trying to buy a joo se hyuk, tenergy 05 and my tsp curl p1r from TT-Japan.net, but I guess they just recently stopped selling Butterfly products.

They already didn't ship to Europe due to Butterfly restrictions. Maybe same for USA now?

Quote:
I have used my joo se hyuk for 6 months now, and its really starting to get beat up

:o I really wonder what you do with your blade then :lol: ...

Quote:
I cannot seem to find a stocked Joo se hyuk blade ANYWHERE!!! Not Megaspin, not Paddlepalace, not even the butterfly headquarters has any, until december 30th!!. Does anyone know of any particular websites that sell a joo se hyuk blade? I really try to avoid tabletennis11, as everything they sell is extremely overpriced (about $140-150 for the blade, whereas in America it is $80).

As far as I can see, the JSH costs 75 euro (around 90$) in tabletennis11 which is the normal price and shipping is free above 50 euros...

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2014, 05:00 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Pipsy wrote:
They already didn't ship to Europe due to Butterfly restrictions. Maybe same for USA now?

It seems that way. MyTT mentions a lot about it.

AndrewL12 wrote:
So I was trying to buy a joo se hyuk, tenergy 05 and my tsp curl p1r from TT-Japan.net, but I guess they just recently stopped selling Butterfly products. I have used my joo se hyuk for 6 months now, and its really starting to get beat up, plus I want a spare before I got to US nationals. I cannot seem to find a stocked Joo se hyuk blade ANYWHERE!!! Not Megaspin, not Paddlepalace, not even the butterfly headquarters has any, until december 30th!!. Does anyone know of any particular websites that sell a joo se hyuk blade? I really try to avoid tabletennis11, as everything they sell is extremely overpriced (about $140-150 for the blade, whereas in America it is $80).

Please let me know!

ALSO

Has any other modern defender played with the new nittaku premium balls yet? I havn't had a whole lot of practice with them, but the main thing I noticed was that the forehand was very inconsistent with these new balls. Not just because I can't adjust, but rather the inconsistency with the reaction of ball to rubbers. Is anyone else feeling the same problem? I can't see it getting betters with "more practice", because sometimes when people block my loops back, its reversal means it has topspin (how it should be), sometimes its a very dead ball with no spin, and sometimes they block and there is a small amount of backspin on the ball (similar to an anti-spin block, but with just less spin). Do you guys recommend any sort of rubber? I am probably going to stick with my T05 or T80 so that I don't make a huge change before nationals (december 16th). Please let me know everything you know about the new ball, and how to adjust to it! And thank you so much in advance for everything piece of information you have to offer :). I am so glad there is an active forum for me to ask questions and get legitimate responses to! I will try to answer anything if you have any questions!

Thanks again!

Andrew

I don't have a website, but I wonder if you've used the Nittaku Premium or the Nittaku SHA? Because that inconsistent behaviour sounds like that of the SHA.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2014, 18:45 

AndrewL12 wrote:
I really try to avoid tabletennis11, as everything they sell is extremely overpriced (about $140-150 for the blade, whereas in America it is $80).
Andrew
please let us know which blade is overpriced. we will check if it might be some mistake. otherwise we have extremely attractive prices with free shipping worldwide.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2014, 10:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Lorre wrote:
Pipsy wrote:

It seems that way. MyTT mentions a lot about it.

AndrewL12 wrote:

Please let me know!

ALSO

Thanks again!

Andrew

I don't have a website, but I wonder if you've used the Nittaku Premium or the Nittaku SHA? Because that inconsistent behaviour sounds like that of the SHA.

Sounds more like SHA to me also, but if you haven't played with any 40+ ball at all, the loss of spin can be a bit shocking.