OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 08:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
In addition to that, some people seem naturally more sensitive to equipment anyway. You're probably lucky if you're not too sensitive to equipment... you'll save money and you can stop searching for the 'holy grail' and get on with practicing and improving. :lol:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 09:26 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
I did some testing tonight with my regular practice partner.

The tests we did were...

Him looping vs heavy backspin serve
Him looping vs me inverted chopping on backhand
Him looping vs me chop-blocking with Curl P1-R

The results were tight. Partner, who has no bias about this test as he doesn't have any knowledge and doesn't particularly care about the new, felt like the Nittaku was easier to loop against my backspin.

I feel like the Nittaku produced less spin than the Xushaofa. I also thoroughly disliked the sound of the ball.

Can't possibly agree it's 50% less spinny though. I'd say 20% tops.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2015, 05:51 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
we were in a rush today, but i managed to film a short clip playing with other polyballs (donic and joola) and then with the unreleased prototype of the new butterfly ball which i mentioned presviously. its a shame that the sound on the mobile camera mutes the shrill sound, but you can clearly see the difference in spin. first two balls are with the other balls, the next two with the new butterfly.

whilst its not as bad with the nittaku premium (at least the premium doesnt sky rocket) the principle is similar and the difference is stark enough. due to lack of spin, the ball doesnt dwell on the slick anti and bounces off immediately, which would force me to close the bat much more.

https://youtu.be/IVHi0_FdHcQ

and before weird questions are raised why one cannot see the other player, this was done purposely, for very good reasons.. 8)

i will probably remove the clip after tomorrow to avoid getting people in trouble.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2015, 19:18 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Interesting, in the first few rallies you soft blocked with little forward movement of the bat. With the last rally you were going forward and at the ball more - much more aggressive/active blocking style to get the same effect. I don't know if it was the same ball you used or three different balls but your technique definitely changed.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2015, 19:47 
Super User

Debater wrote:
Interesting, in the first few rallies you soft blocked with little forward movement of the bat. With the last rally you were going forward and at the ball more - much more aggressive/active blocking style to get the same effect. I don't know if it was the same ball you used or three different balls but your technique definitely changed.

same technique :^) what you mean is the active push which isnt against the loop, but against a ball that left his hand (=no spin) at 0:18.

the ball that sky rockets at 0:16 is the exact movement as before. look closely..

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2015, 23:29 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

haggisv wrote:
In addition to that, some people seem naturally more sensitive to equipment anyway. You're probably lucky if you're not too sensitive to equipment... you'll save money and you can stop searching for the 'holy grail' and get on with practicing and improving. :lol:

Sums me up Alex, i change a forehand rubber and can notice big differences and then the knock on effect is what happens and the big changes to my ox lp, every bleddy time!!!!!!

I especially notice a difference using the Re-impact Hydra which i will be detailing soon!.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2015, 00:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Lorre wrote:

You can do everything with everything, but (1) some things are easier to do with rubber X than with rubber Y, (2) some things are different (flight trajectory, feel,...) if you compare rubber X with rubber Y and (3) some things are better with rubber X than with rubber Y, but that's only relevant when you're past a certain level. People claiming there's no difference in equipment and people who exeggarate the differences are one and the same: they are low leveled. I still need to find a low leveled player who doesn't belong in one of these two categories. And yes: I was once myself a low leveled player belonging in the category of the exeggarators.

My motto: you have a natural inclination (i;e. style), you use equipment that belongs to that style and the rest is training, training, training,...

Yes, there are differences, but the differences to me are way smaller than people make them out to be. They're so small that the rubbers are more alike than not. It may be true that it's easier to do thing A with rubber X than with rubber Y, but to me I really have to concentrate to feel any difference, and in many (most) cases I can't really tell which one IS better for doing A.

I am sure the very top players really do NEED the best they can get, even if the difference between the very top sheets and the also-ran sheets is only 1 or 2% - to them it matters. If it didn't matter, why would 90% of them be using one rubber (Tenergy) on at least one side, even when they are sponsored by some other company?

To a lot of the rest of us, this 1 or 2% doesn't mean anything.

Blades, now.. that's another story altogether. I find blades actually make me play in certain ways. For instance if I take out my Darker 7p-2a or my Stiga Allround Classic I turn into a push-block-flipper. With my N11 or Kiso 7 I'm more of a hitter and looper. So you can't say I'm totally insensitive to equipment.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2015, 00:45 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
AA wrote:
we were in a rush today, but i managed to film a short clip playing with other polyballs (donic and joola) and then with the unreleased prototype of the new butterfly ball which i mentioned presviously. its a shame that the sound on the mobile camera mutes the shrill sound, but you can clearly see the difference in spin. first two balls are with the other balls, the next two with the new butterfly.

whilst its not as bad with the nittaku premium (at least the premium doesnt sky rocket) the principle is similar and the difference is stark enough. due to lack of spin, the ball doesnt dwell on the slick anti and bounces off immediately, which would force me to close the bat much more.

https://youtu.be/IVHi0_FdHcQ

and before weird questions are raised why one cannot see the other player, this was done purposely, for very good reasons.. 8)

i will probably remove the clip after tomorrow to avoid getting people in trouble.

The video is now set to private, can't watch.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2015, 03:07 
Super User

Japsican wrote:

see my old post:

AA wrote:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2015, 04:15 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
AA wrote:
Japsican wrote:

see my old post:

AA wrote:

Whoops, missed that.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 01:45 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

For what it's worth - today, in the space of a half hour I got no less than FOUR emails from tt-japan.net informing me that the Made-in-Japan Nittaku 40+ balls were now in stock.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 02:55 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
Count yourself lucky - I get 7 between 9.49 & 10.11 GMT :)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!