OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Mar 2017, 01:02


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 01:15 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5044
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 536 times
I'll wait until Eacheng gets some (shouldn't take long). Don't have any pressing need for more balls... Lots and lots of celluloid balls.. :lol:

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 01:15 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5044
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 536 times
I'll wait until Eacheng gets some (shouldn't take long). Don't have any pressing need for more balls... Lots and lots of celluloid balls on hand.. :lol:

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 00:22 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3040
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 744 times
Been thanked: 329 times
I've tried the 1 star version of these balls. I have mixed feelings about the ball. I've tested the ball during a half hour against a flat hitting player with SP on the backhand, my level (+-2100-2200 USATT).

The ball has a very nice bounce and for defenders the ball doesn't stop in the air (like the 40+ Chinese garbage did). However, I felt the spin was clearly less than with the seamless XSF 3* balls we usually use. We played with the latter one, using the same drill, after the DHS ball broke to have a comparison. The ball might behave different with a spinny player, it might be the ball wasn't good from the beginning because it broke or we might get more spin out of it by adapting.

Speedwise I found it a bit faster than seamless, but you adapt quickly. I also found it more direct in feeling and flight trajectory. The ball is also broken white.

So nice bounce, a bit quicker, but my biggest con is the lack of spin.

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!

Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
Butterfly Tenergy 80 FX 1.9mm
TSP P1-R 1.5mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 02:59 
Offline
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 10:45
Posts: 2355
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 207 times
Blade: Testing
FH: Nexy Karis M B Max
BH: Nexy Karis M R Max
Lorre wrote:
I've tried the 1 star version of these balls. I have mixed feelings about the ball. I've tested the ball during a half hour against a flat hitting player with SP on the backhand, my level (+-2100-2200 USATT).

The ball has a very nice bounce and for defenders the ball doesn't stop in the air (like the 40+ Chinese garbage did). However, I felt the spin was clearly less than with the seamless XSF 3* balls we usually use. We played with the latter one, using the same drill, after the DHS ball broke to have a comparison. The ball might behave different with a spinny player, it might be the ball wasn't good from the beginning because it broke or we might get more spin out of it by adapting.

Speedwise I found it a bit faster than seamless, but you adapt quickly. I also found it more direct in feeling and flight trajectory. The ball is also broken white.

So nice bounce, a bit quicker, but my biggest con is the lack of spin.


Try the real ball. If you like the Nittaku ball, there is really nothing to discuss. If you don't then it is the same old stuff.

_________________
Cobra Kai TT Exponent (Mercy effs up your Game)
One-Loop Man: One Loop... Again????
Lumberjack TT Exponent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 06:38 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3040
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 744 times
Been thanked: 329 times
NextLevel wrote:
Try the real ball. If you like the Nittaku ball, there is really nothing to discuss. If you don't then it is the same old stuff.


The real ball being the 3* one? Why would there be a difference in playing characteristics between 1* and 3*?

I've tried a Nittaku Premium ball briefly and wasn't a big fan of it (again lack of spin compared to seamless against the same player).

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!

Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
Butterfly Tenergy 80 FX 1.9mm
TSP P1-R 1.5mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 13:48 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 11 May 2013, 18:01
Posts: 389
Location: Podunk Pongville USA MALE
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 5 times
The ball is easier to attack, block, and chop for long pips OX.

_________________
Hunter Flame / Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 both sides .. Play Right-handed
Gambler Double Carbon / 4H DHS H8 39 degrees Max / BH Kokutaku 911 Long Pips OX / Play Left-handed
729 Wood / 4H Bty Ten 64 max / BH GD CC LP OX .. Play Left-handed
Hunter Fire / 4H Xiom Omega IV Elite Max / BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 .. Play Right-handed
Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon LP OX .. Play Left-handed Shakehand
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 21:56 
Offline
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 10:45
Posts: 2355
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 207 times
Blade: Testing
FH: Nexy Karis M B Max
BH: Nexy Karis M R Max
Lorre wrote:
NextLevel wrote:
Try the real ball. If you like the Nittaku ball, there is really nothing to discuss. If you don't then it is the same old stuff.


The real ball being the 3* one? Why would there be a difference in playing characteristics between 1* and 3*?

I've tried a Nittaku Premium ball briefly and wasn't a big fan of it (again lack of spin compared to seamless against the same player).



The one star ball came out earlier in the development process.

Personally, if you don't like the Nittaku ball, I can't do anything more as the sport needs a consistent and durable ball and this D40+ is a step in the right direction. as was the Nittaku. The old 40+ deformed too easily and what people were calling spin was really a deformed ball doing things it wasn't supposed to do and bouncing so low you could not do anything with it.

_________________
Cobra Kai TT Exponent (Mercy effs up your Game)
One-Loop Man: One Loop... Again????
Lumberjack TT Exponent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 22:48 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3040
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 744 times
Been thanked: 329 times
NextLevel wrote:
The one star ball came out earlier in the development process.

Personally, if you don't like the Nittaku ball, I can't do anything more as the sport needs a consistent and durable ball and this D40+ is a step in the right direction. as was the Nittaku. The old 40+ deformed too easily and what people were calling spin was really a deformed ball doing things it wasn't supposed to do and bouncing so low you could not do anything with it.


I see. Then I might want to get some 3*.

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!

Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
Butterfly Tenergy 80 FX 1.9mm
TSP P1-R 1.5mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 23:11 
Offline
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 23:22
Posts: 1297
Location: Brasil
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 249 times
Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: BlueFire M2 max
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
So this J-top ball from nittaku is the closest thing to this DHS d40+??

_________________
Victas Koji Matsushita
Donic Bluefire m2 max
TSP Curl p1-r 1.0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 23:32 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 17 Sep 2014, 17:25
Posts: 5
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Some thoughts from a modern defender chopping on backhand and fishing or looping on forehand.

Received the D40+ from ttnpp about a week ago and have tested it 4-5 hours.

Disclaimers:
Without being able to measure the rotation of the balls its hard to tell if the feeling of less spin is caused by less rotation or other factors. Therefore I'll be using the term "spin effect" to describe how the balls compare spin wise.

Here are my ratings:

Bounce
1) NP / D40+: Nice even/predictable bounce.
2) Hand selected Chinese seamed (roundness/hardness tested by players). Low bounce is good for me as long as its fairly even.
3) Seamless / G40+. Bounces too high in my opinion.
4) Regular (poor) quality chinese seamed. Uneven bounce lowers quality of play.

Spin effect (more is better for me)
1) Chinese seamed
2) NP / D40+ / Seamless. Feels about the same.
3) G40+. Horrible! One of the better junior players ripped all my chops. Players start backhand looping chops.

My results in match play
1) Chinese seamed
2) NP / D40+
3) G40+

Durability (haven't tested D40 long enough yet, but none broken so far)
1) G40+ / Seamless: G40 Lasts long but becomes dented. Seamless last long but can break on edge hits.
2) NP: Last long, but turns blank and loses color.
3) Chinese seamed: Poor overall. But variable quality so some may last a while.

Cost of 3*
1) D40+ / Seamless
2) G40+ / Chinese seamed
3) NP

Overall
1) NP / D40+
2) Hand selected Chinese seamed (roundness tested and even hardness)
3) Seamless
4) Regular quality Chinese seamed
5) G40+

In general I think the NP / D40+ improves quality of both training and match play. A bit more spin and it would be perfect.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 00:50 
Online
Blockhead
Blockhead
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jan 2009, 19:20
Posts: 2002
Location: UK
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 110 times
Blade: Xiom Offensive S
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: TSP Regalis max
so_devo wrote:
I've ordered 72 from TTNPP (who I swore I'd never order from again!) so hopefully will be able to give an opinion on the D40+ in a few weeks. $40 for 72, worth a try.

Arrived today...5 days delivered to the UK from China!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

_________________
Back to double inverted Spring 2016


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: