OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 12:53 

Blade: PALIO
FH: PALIO
BH: PALIO
Hey, guys,
I'm working for the company which is producing seamless balls. I was hesitate to say anything on this forum because currently we mainly focus on the supplier-model business and don't intend to draw too much attention to ourselves as long as people like these balls being sold under different brands.

Yet, after I'm following some of the threads, I started to realise that a lot of people are still not aware of some progress that seamless ball has made.

For instance, I saw some people were saying seamless balls are still not used at world events or pro events. Actually this situation is already changing. Like in China, this year, China National Sports Games, for table tennis, the competition ball is 729 seamless ball. Some of you may not know the significance of this National Sports Games. For table tennis players, it is almost as essential as World Championship. These top Chinese professional players would be playing with this seamless ball, including Ma Long. The trial started in March, 2017, and the official one would be in Sept, 2017.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 13:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum CallmeX :up: :up: :up:

That's good to hear! I did not even realise that 729 had a seamless ball approved... that must have happened quite recently.

Since you're with the company that makes these balls, perhaps you can tell us why no orange 3* balls are produced? I know there is a lot of demand for them them at amateur levels, but no one seems to make them.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 13:08 

Things are tricky when it comes to getting one equipment to be the official one used at World Events, but we have been trying to do so.
I think last year's European Youth Championship was using Xiom seamless ball as official ball. (if my memory is correct..)
2016 World Veteran Championship in Spain, used Xushaofa Sports seamless ball.

At this moment, there's already big progress at the national level, not just in China, also in countries like India, Germany etc....

Actually seamless balls are sold in China and Korea extremely well......

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 13:15 

haggisv wrote:
Welcome to the forum CallmeX :up: :up: :up:

That's good to hear! I did not even realise that 729 had a seamless ball approved... that must have happened quite recently.

Since you're with the company that makes these balls, perhaps you can tell us why no orange 3* balls are produced? I know there is a lot of demand for them them at amateur levels, but no one seems to make them.

Hi, Haggisv, actually 729 started to sell seamless ball since 2015. It's not just this National Sports Games. For trial of 2018Youth Olympic Games in Dominican Republic, the competition ball was also 729 seamless ball.

Regarding orange balls, yes, we do receive enquiries from lots of people. Technially it's possible to produce orange ones with the current material we are using. But, we have too many orders on white 40+ balls, our production is running with 2 or 3 shifts everyday. Also, the demand on orange balls would be very smaller compared to white balls.....

Thank you for being the first one to answer my post.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 13:21 

I guess it's not just us who should do more publicity, 729 should do more too!!

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 13:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I know there's a lot you can't reveal (for instance, what's the relationship between you and Minkow?), but can you confirm, at least, that all the current seamless balls on the market are physically the same? Or is there more than one type being made? Curious to know why some brands have a "Premium" line (Kingnik for instance).

I know the older ones were different.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 13:54 

iskandar taib wrote:
I know there's a lot you can't reveal (for instance, what's the relationship between you and Minkow?), but can you confirm, at least, that all the current seamless balls on the market are physically the same? Or is there more than one type being made? Curious to know why some brands have a "Premium" line (Kingnik for instance).

I know the older ones were different.

Iskandar

Hi, for 3 star ITTF approved balls, what I could say is that, all balls are produced as per T3, a technical leaflet issued by ITTF, with certain tolerance ranges regarding each spec.

for training balls, there could be different quality categories depending on which quality one certain brand chooses and what customer group that they are targeting.

Remember, sometimes people name their product as "premium" based on comparison to their own other products.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 14:11 

Another thing I would like to share is that.....
I know some of you have different opinions on TTX.......all I want to say is that, the balls for TTX at Rio Olympics and at World Championship were from us. Seamless......

:D .by choosing seamless ball as the ball be shown to the world.....I guess the quality of seamless balls is recognized by the governing body at some point....

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 17:18 

Minkow is not the one producing seamless balls. Our company name is Hefu.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 20:25 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
Welcome "CallmeX " to the forum & thanks for this insight into your world of seamless TT balls :up: :clap: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 00:43 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

CallmeX wrote:

Hi callmex, Can you tell us more about Hefu and who they produce for?

Have they been developing Seamless from the beginning of Plastic era?

It's always been indicated that Minkow were the only producers of 40+ seamless so all of a sudden your info contradicts previous info!?

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 08:44 

Robot Blocker wrote:
CallmeX wrote:

Hi callmex, Can you tell us more about Hefu and who they produce for?

Have they been developing Seamless from the beginning of Plastic era?

It's always been indicated that Minkow were the only producers of 40+ seamless so all of a sudden your info contradicts previous info!?

Thank you for your interest.
It's always Hefu who did the development and do the production for all seamless balls (you could find out all brand names of seamless balls on ITTF approval list). As I said in my first post, we didn't intend to draw attention on to us as long as seamless balls could win positive feedback from players no matter which brand name is on the ball.
What made me decide to say some words was a lack of information or existence of misinformation about seamless balls being circulated on this forum.
If you are a German, right now there're a couple of German brands like Joola Falsh, Tibhar SL, Hanno, SK (a little turtle), GEWO SL being selling our seamless balls, both ITTF approved balls and training balls.
For Asian market, Yinhe, Xiom, TSP, Yasaka and some other Chinese brands, are selling seamless balls.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 12:24 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Have seamless balls gotten lighter since 2015 and have you changed slightly the formula for the plastic?

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 14:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

CallmeX wrote:

Hi, for 3 star ITTF approved balls, what I could say is that, all balls are produced as per T3, a technical leaflet issued by ITTF, with certain tolerance ranges regarding each spec.

for training balls, there could be different quality categories depending on which quality one certain brand chooses and what customer group that they are targeting.

Remember, sometimes people name their product as "premium" based on comparison to their own other products.

I mean the 3 star balls. On the ITTF Website there are two 3 star seamless balls sold by Yinhe, the Yinhe *** and the Yinhe S40+ ***.

http://www.old.ittf.com/_front_page/itt ... gory=balls

What's the difference (other than the logo)? Or is there a difference at all?

There's only one Minkow 3 star seamless ball listed on ittf.com, but they have some labeled "Premium" on the box, these cost more.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 15:36 

Baal wrote:
Have seamless balls gotten lighter since 2015 and have you changed slightly the formula for the plastic?

I assume the answer to this should not be confidential?
in 2016, the weight tolerance range had been tightened up, the upper/higher limit of which dropped from 2.82g to 2.77g. Lower limit of the tolerance increased. This change applies to all non-celluloid balls.

For ITTF approved seamless balls, we always try to keep weight in the middle of this tolerance range, ... So, this should be the reason if you feel that our ball becomes lighter compared to earlier balls.

Yet the change is so minor, normally it's hard to feel the weight difference at play unless a balance is used to weigh the balls.

As factory, we definitely keep optimizing our formula as well as production process.

Last edited by CallmeX on 21 Jun 2017, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.