OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 23:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2018, 01:32 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Last weekend playing with XuShaFa, Yinhe,Stag, Artengo 1*+3*** and Nittaku premium 40+ . Boy ! was there a big big difference in arc, loop, consistency in my loops! :-S

Yinhe,Stag,XuShafa played similar and Artengo was slightly off but Nittaku was waaay off ... Felt almost too light ... Almost similar to cell ball but flatter and weirdly bouncier ... Impossible to play my power loops from below the table nothing worked except almost 50% reduction in power and slow looping :'-(

Is there some other technique to "fix" my difficulties ... I am forced to play varying balls in the local competitions.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2018, 07:50 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
This is a great question. I can't think of a technique to help you.

Was the weekend all one event? or several different ones? If it was one event, keep one ball with you for all matches.

Round here an event (tournament, not individual classes of a tournament) specifically states on the entry form that a particular brand and model of ball will be used.

If there are multiple team matches on a weekend at the one venue, my expectation would be that all the team matches would use the same brand and model of ball.

For our pennant comp (home and away team matches over many weeks) we originally attempted to standardize on what our governing body was using. At one stage that was Stag seamless (rebadged XSF) then Double Fish V40+, however this was tied up in sponsorship. Currently we allow the home team to supply any 3* 40+ ITTF sanctioned ball. This means Nittaku Premium 40+ mostly, with DHS D40+ & Double FishV40+ as well. A particular problem is where a home team is playing in a squash court, think white walls - I think we still allow celluloid orange 3* for that venue. So on a particular night only one type of ball is used.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2018, 12:50 
Super User

Yeah i have long tine back played in tournaments with different ball within the same venue. But last w'end was just practice :-D
I expect future tourneys to be of similar nature :-P :-) but want to find ways to cope.

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2018, 15:44 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
On our tournament entry forms in Australia they usually state the type of ball used. If entering something you might see if you can find out early then buy some balls the same. Apart from that, I'd expect good technique would be your best way of proofing against various balls.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2018, 20:37 
Super User

Like I mentioned, with XSF, Yinhe I can let "rip" very very effective and powerful loop-drive FH and BH strokes even from well below the table. I can "feel" the weight of the ball on contact.

But with Nittaku P40+ it is almost the same kind of "floaty" "lightweight" feeling with the same strokes makes the ball travel longer and flatter in trajectory. More balls going long and out and not arcing and looping down on to the table.

How can I adjust? Reducing power just makes the return very weak and sometimes popping up. Thinner brushing contact results in more ball contact misses.

There has to be some way to minimally adjust with the same strokes and deliver equal or on-par power+spin without that much loss in control. Do I contact early on-the-bounce ? Do I try to leave the ball later and play more upswing strokes? Do I play more in-front of the body or to-the-side ?

Something ? Anything ? :D someone please help! :lol: ... well as long as it puts my game on the right track! :-)

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2018, 21:42 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
man_iii wrote:
Last weekend playing with XuShaFa, Yinhe,Stag, Artengo 1*+3*** and Nittaku premium 40+ . Boy ! was there a big big difference in arc, loop, consistency in my loops! :-S

Yinhe,Stag,XuShafa played similar and Artengo was slightly off but Nittaku was waaay off ... Felt almost too light ... Almost similar to cell ball but flatter and weirdly bouncier ...

At our club we play with Nittaku balls and they might be closest to old balls. And they feel different from Xiom, Xushaofa etc. I think all our players prefer Nittaku, as other's feel too big and unspinny.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 04:23 
Super User

Hi,

Of late, I've been playing with the following balls, since different club-mate prefer different balls ... I've listed in order of play-time with balls..

• Stag Peter Karlson - Lately, this seems to be the most popular choice .... It's pretty expensive, but the word is, that the balls last... I find them to be a tad on the softer side, quite a bit bouncy, and difficult to play with, especially on my LP side. I think, loopers tend to favour these... They seemed to get shiny'er, as they got older... I don't like these..
  • DHS D40+ - This was the most popular one, but I think it has lost favour, with players claiming that they don't last long... I like this ball - It's not too bouncy.. not tough to produce spin with.. Plays fairly well on my LP side.. It's priced okay... However, I did notice that it progressively lost some bounce, and the colour turned pale, as the ball got older ..
  • XuShaoFa 40+ Seamless - This too, was once the most popular ball, which then, got over-taken by DHS D40+ ... However, these are one of my favourite.... One of the most long-lasting - No loss of bounce, grip, colour (not accounting for the dust/dirt the ball gathers)... Nice bounce, speed, roundness... Overall, a very well balance ball...

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 06:34 

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
At the club on a Monday night the club supplies Double FishV40+ balls, however one player, DZ, insists on using an old Stag 40+ (rebadged XSF seamless) ball when he plays me. I think he thinks it will minimize my spin while maximizing his loops and loop kills. I haven't had the heart to tell him that it doesn't work. The results between us should be telling him that :).

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2018, 02:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Don't the seamless balls bounce sideways more? Really hard to get used to in the beginning, but you do get used to it. Might make things harder playing against a lobber/defender who often uses sidespin, wouldn't it?... :lol:

Iskandar