OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2019, 20:31 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Got a couple of sample packs of the new Yinhe Y40+ and H40+ 3* approved balls. I didn't even realise they added these new balls to the ITTF approved lits, but they are certainly on there, see here:

https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads ... 019_07.pdf

These balls are seamed, unlike the seamless which they have been selling for along time, which were good value for seamless balls.

These are the packets:
Attachment:
yinhe_new_balls.JPG
yinhe_new_balls.JPG [ 123.89 KiB | Viewed 9330 times ]

They look good, i'll find out this weekend what they play like. Anyone else tried them?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2019, 22:30 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
What's the difference between Y40+ and H40+?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2019, 23:45 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, considering they are both three star ABS balls with seams.

Maybe they bounce a little differently.. one is meant to appeal to loopers while the other is meant to appeal to all those people who complain about the ABS balls because they "don't have spin".. (mainly choppers). That way they cover all bases... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2019, 19:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

ziv wrote:

According to Yinhe, H40+ is similar as DHS D40+, Y40+ is similar Nittaku Premium.

I'll give them a test run this weekend. If they're indeed similar, that will be good, because they're significantly cheaper.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019, 20:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That's a very interesting approach to selling balls... I'll bet the first one's actually made at the DHS/Minkow factory.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2019, 21:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

haggisv wrote:
ziv wrote:

According to Yinhe, H40+ is similar as DHS D40+, Y40+ is similar Nittaku Premium.

I tested the balls today. I could not remember which one was supposed to be similar to the D40+, so it was a bit of a blind test, which is better. :lol:

A few of us had a hit with both balls, and everyone like the H40+ better, which felt very similar to the D40+, perhaps just slightly harder/heavier. This ball was very spinny too, I really like it.
Although I've not had experience with the Nittaku premiums, a few of the other players did use it. They said the Nittaku felt lighter and was less spinny, which is very much the experience we got with the Y40+ as well. The sounds was a little different too, not a big difference but enough to be noticeable.
Both are decent balls, but everyone here like the H40+ better... possible because we're all much more used to the DHS D40+.

The main attraction is that these are significantly cheaper compared to the DHS D40+.

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 18:25 

Hi Guys,

our club has been offered the option of both of these balls in the UK from http://www.ttequipment.co.uk and we are looking for some suggestions if you could help ?....

We have not used the DHS or Nittaku Premium ball before, so can you give a few pros and cons for each ? We tend to purchase about 30 boxes (of 6), so its not a cheap outlay in a single hit.

A big ask perhaps, so a massive thank you in advance :)

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 20:18 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The H40+ feel harder & more solid, and spin seemed to be higher, which is something ALL the players that tried them agreed on. The Y40+ feel a little softer and tend to float in the air more, which I personally didn't like as it felt more inconsistant.
Of course I'm only judging this by a single box of balls, but even Yinhe suggested the H40+ was close to the DHS D40+, which is a VERY popular ball in our area. It's spinney and highly durable, a big leap forwards compared to the early plastic balls.
Of course you can probably order the DHS 40+ balls as well, but they should be considerably more expensive.

PostPosted: 07 May 2019, 03:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I had a quick look on AliExpress to see if either of these balls were available there, so far no luck. I also looked on GH Sports (one of the Eachengs). Only the older Yinhe S40+ and 40+ balls were available there. In any case those balls were considerably more expensive than the DHS D40+ (typically about 55 to 60 US cents in quantities of 20 with free shipping).

I notice Huieson is selling ABS 40+ balls too now, including the bi-color ones. Wonder if they're not the same as the DHS... the prices are a little lower. They could also be Double Fish.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2019, 03:53 

I'm getting some of both this week. I wonder what to charge? I can't find anybody selling them. The cost is much less than the seamed.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2019, 04:06 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
cole_ely wrote:
I'm getting some of both this week. I wonder what to charge? I can't find anybody selling them. The cost is much less than the seamed.

tt-maximum sell them for $5.25:
https://tt-maximum.com/shop/balls/yinhe ... aya-pachka
https://tt-maximum.com/shop/balls/yinhe ... aya-pachka

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2019, 11:10 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

cole_ely wrote:
I assume you mean the cost is less than the seamless, right? :lol:

OOAK Shop sells the Yinhe H40+, which I thought were the better of the two. Price is AUD$6 (~USD$4.20).

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2019, 05:21 

Yes, thanks