OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 08:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 00:13 

FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: DHS G888
Can I ask that should a table tennis rubber surface look like this?

http://imgur.com/a/gH1t4

It looks dirty and I just got it for 2 days and the stains is nothing going away even after cleaning with water.

I'm afraid that it will reduce the performance or affects the durability of the rubber.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 02:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

DHS premade? Did it come with the thin plastic protector sheets you had to peel off? How have you been cleaning the rubber?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 03:30 

I still have the plastic protector but I kinda crushed it after I peeled it off, I cleaned it with just tap water, I didn't get to use it yet because I only plays TT at school and now it's the holidays at my school.

And yes it's a premade racket that I bought online, but I still doubt it's an genuine product or not. It's called DHS R4002.
http://imgur.com/a/n2PzA

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 06:29 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

So when you peeled off the plastic, the rubber sheets looked like this already, and you haven't even played with it yet? Something's rotten in the State of Denmark, as they used to say.. :lol: Was there a silver disc sticker on one of the protector sheets? If this is genuine DHS you should be able to scratch the surface off, this will reveal a number and you can enter the number on a web site to check if it's genuine (there's apparently a lot of counterfeit DHS stuff for sale out there). What did you pay for this? Do you have a URL from which you ordered?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 11:24 

The surface was in near perfect condition earlier when I opened the the plastic protecter. It's accumulated dust that's on the rubber because I left it out instead of putting it in a box or plastic bag lol, because there's a smell of the rubber when I first got it, and I decided to just leave it out and the smell is gradually going away.

Well the price is dirt cheap at RM 66.80 . But I checked it at the dhs website and the code just didn't work, and I just gave up.

http://www.lazada.com.my/ping-pong-racket-table-tennis-racket-a4002-13756709.html?ff=1

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 15:41 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I've seen this with a sheet of LKT XP Pro when someone ripped off the this plastic covering too quick. It left some residual on the rubber which we couldn't get off. Didn't seem to affect performance though. At least not at that level. His wasn't blotchy though, was just a solid piece of about 1/8th of the rubber.

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 17:39 

I was pretty sure the rubber was fine when I first peeled the plastic off.

Any clue on how to remove it, or I'll just live with it.

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 20:05 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
What's with the little circle imprints on there.. looks like something was pressed into the surface?

I can't really see how the rubber can scuff so quickly, unless a bad cleaner was used, or something adhesive was stuck to the surface.

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 22:41 

Lol the little circle imprints are when I used a coin to test the grip of the rubber, I guess it was a bad idea.

I left it out in the open to clear the bad smell of the rubber, and after some time I check back the rubber and there's these stain on it and it doesn't feel like it's dust.
Can anyone explain this to me or tell me if it would affect it's performance?
http://imgur.com/a/rCny5

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 23:48 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
All i can say is that I bought a DHS 4002 about a year ago. The rubbers are in use on other blades now, but still look better than yours, after quite a bit of use. I am assuming that the red is Hurricane II; it's not easy to tell.

On the other hand, they could be just water stains, which will not really affect play at all.

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 23:55 

As I'm afraid it's not water stain because when I brush some water on the rubber and it won't go away.

The black rubber is G888 and red rubber is Hurricane III.

PostPosted: 28 May 2017, 02:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

How long DID you leave it out for?

Try washing off the dust with a LOT of water. Pour half a glass of water on the rubber and wipe it off with the palm of your hand. Using anything more abrasive might, over time, remove the glue they apply to the surface to make it tacky. The tacky goes away after a while in any case. Most people will use a rubber protector sheet on the rubber once it's dry, to make the rubber last longer.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 May 2017, 02:48 

I left it out for 2 or 3 days, by the meaning of let it out is I place it in my living room but reachable by sunlight and dust.

Can I still use the rubber protector sheet even if it's full of wrinkles and dusts?

I think it might be oil stains and will the water cleaning still works?

I'll try the cleaning method afterwards and give information about it after I tried it out.

PostPosted: 28 May 2017, 02:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Most people don't usually re-use the protector sheets that come with the rubber (depends on brand, but the DHS ones are especially floppy, while the 999 ones are stiff enough to reuse). You can buy protector sheets from Eacheng (and they usually give you free ones when you order stuff) or you can just make some yourself from stiff plastic. Folio covers or report covers should work nicely. These days I just put the racket in a ziplock bag and smooth the plastic onto the rubber on both sides. I don't zip up the bag, this allows moisture to leave. So where are you in Malaysia?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 May 2017, 03:20 

I live in Butterworth,Penang. There's just like one or two sports equipment shops around Butterworth that I know of , but I never went to any of them.

Ziplock bags can be used huh, I never bought ziplock bags before.