OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 09:28 

Blade: Joola chen defender
FH: Rhyzer 43
BH: Rhyzer 43
Butterfly has one of the best quality control & consistency of their products which I feel makes them the best standard/benchmark to be used in comparisons, but that's not to say other companies like Andro, yasaka, Donic, etc aren't good because they are very good as well.

So they have very good consistency/quality products but they don't have one of the bests rubbers anymore (specifically regarding tenergy rubbers). I know that people will say that equipment like rubbers is preference & what ever works for the player BUT something that doesn't work for any player is ridiculous prices for a old product that continues becoming more expensive.

I feel like butterfly has had such good success that they stopped trying to innovate and research to surpass themselves especially when the game has changed with the new ball. I know the saying if it aint broke don't fix it, but a lot of companies have caught up and surpassed them in the rubber department at a lower price for the consumer.

Example of a rubber better than butterfly T05 in all categories for a lower price is the Cornelius target pro gt -h47. Alot of other new generation rubbers for the fairly new plastic ball surpasses each of the tenergy rubbers in certain categories granted that nothing is perfect but for its performance to price ratio I can't see why people would buy butterfly anymore unless its just for the guaranteed quality/consistency or people found something they like and don't need to move on which I admit are good reasons.

I know that Rozena is fairly new from butterfly but its just another example of very good quality/consistency but that rubber is nothing next level or new just a good all around rubber. Alot of other rubbers are similar to rozena with a lower price point as well.

I'll just like to end with just make companies value your money/business & support other businesses to make competition which gives consumers lower prices & innovation of their products.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 09:43 
I am Legend
I am Legend

If tenergy has been surpassed, why is it still the standard? If that cornelius rubber is better in 'all categories' why isn't that the gold standard?

It's not because of QC. Nobody buys a rubber because "oh, its consistent from sheet to sheet".

This is basically Sriver and Bryce all over again.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 09:53 

Silver wrote:
If tenergy has been surpassed, why is it still the standard? If that cornelius rubber is better in 'all categories' why isn't that the gold standard?

It's not because of QC. Nobody buys a rubber because "oh, its consistent from sheet to sheet".

Their are pros switching from butterfly products whether its due to contracts with sponsorship's or personal preference. These are new generation rubbers that haven't been out on the market to long (cornelius target pro) compared to tenergy which was released 10 years ago, so I don't assume for these rubbers to catch on like wildfire. Also stated that people stay with butterfly products because they are guaranteed quality/consistency or people found something they like and don't need to move on but because they don't move on they don't know what else is out there.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 20:22 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Silver wrote:

Certainly a factor for me, although probably in reverse - ie if the QC is poor I move on.

185g

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 21:41 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Definitely in reverse. It's not a toyota.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 22:11 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Sidespinforwin wrote:

Example of a rubber better than butterfly T05 in all categories for a lower price is the Cornelius target pro gt -h47.

Fact or opinion?

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018, 22:17 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
I haven't tried the Cornelius rubber but I've tried a lot of the most recent releases... none of them have the feel of Tenergy - and that's why I use this rubber.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 04:14 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
I'm currently revisiting Sriver, 2.1mm for backhand. Finding it absolutely excellent. I wonder what would happen if it were released today with a new name and a bit of hype......would it fly?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 05:39 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
I think the best way to judge if it is the standard or not is to see how many top players still use Butterfly rubbers or blades or both. I think what the general public uses is important for sales but is not really critical when it comes to determining what is the gold standard. And I do believe Butterfly still takes the lions share of users when it comes to international events.

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 09:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
pgpg wrote:
Sidespinforwin wrote:
Example of a rubber better than butterfly T05 in all categories for a lower price is the Cornelius target pro gt -h47.

Fact or opinion?

The Cornelius target pro gt -h47 is another of the recent generation of Tensors from ESN. I've not tried it, but no doubt it's using the same technology as the other Tensors, so it's not likely to be dramatically different. I appreciate Sidespinforwin was only using it as an example, which is fair enough. :up:

I would agree that there is no incentive for Butterfly to spend money on research unless players are changing to another product. Of course Butterfly marketing is top notch too, which will continue to promote Tenergy as the best.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 09:38 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
haggisv wrote:
pgpg wrote:
Sidespinforwin wrote:

Fact or opinion?

The Cornelius target pro gt -h47 is another of the recent generation of Tensors from ESN. I've not tried it, but no doubt it's using the same technology as the other Tensors, so it's not likely to be dramatically different. I appreciate Sidespinforwin was only using it as an example, which is fair enough. :up:

I guess the only objectively true part of the claim would be 'cheaper than T05'. Other than that - it might be an example, but I'm not sure of what - unsubstantiated claim, poetic license, or opinion stated as fact in order to bolster OP's argument?

:?: :lol:

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 12:29 

pgpg wrote:
I guess the only objectively true part of the claim would be 'cheaper than T05'. Other than that - it might be an example, but I'm not sure of what - unsubstantiated claim, poetic license, or opinion stated as fact in order to bolster OP's argument?

:?: :lol:

Yes sorry I made the example of a rubber not based in fact but opinion. But that goes either way as someone can say butterfly rubbers is better than 'X' product which would be based on opinion instead of fact. Since their isn't any universal testing measures for table tennis rubbers we are left to rely on reviews, pro's opinions (which could be biased) & personal preference for whatever fits our game. If i tried googling average RPM's T05 imparts on a ABS ball I doubt i'll find more than 1 study if any at all.

Having owned a butterfly product (T05) and being able to play with it here & there at a Table tennis club if you are polite and another person is willing, its a great place to compare other rubbers first hand and ask others of their opinions/input. So to make this short I & another acquaintance was more capable of producing more spin with the Cornelius target pro gt. In my opinion I think the topsheet of the target pro gripped the ABS ball better than the T05. This is just my claim and doesn't warrant superiority over other rubbers.

Overall I just want butterfly to give customers fair prices & try innovating again, that doesn't mean they have to abandon their current rubbers but have a side project. I feel that they are to afraid to have their name blemished if they make a new rubber that isn't successful so they make rubbers like Rozena.