OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 22:09 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Silver wrote:
so when do we get a 'most satisfactory purchase' thread?

You got it

PostPosted: 25 May 2018, 00:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

My first custom setup. After i went to the local club once or twice, played with a loaner premade bat, and they said, if you are playing regularly you should get your own. I asked where to buy, paddle palace was the answer. So okay, i went to paddle palace, they had like 500 blades and 1,000 rubbers. No idea what to choose, no coach,and everyone at the club (all eight of them) recommended different stuff. Couldn't really try theirs because only one guy had spares and he plays lp. (It's not a good club) No problem, paddle palace has ratings, numerical to 100, i'll use those. So i got a blade that was off+, and two different rubbers one 99 speed the other 99 spin. 99 out of 100, it's the best, right?

Was so excited, waiting for my custom paddle to come from oregon to florida. Got it, went to the club, and you know what happened. Back to paddle palace to buy something rated 50 for spin and speed, so i can hit the ball less than 20 feet. That was a sad day.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 02:06 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
I have to say my worst purchase was Transformer Anti. I could NOT make that work no matter what I did. Gave it time, but i was hating every moment of playing. Just didn't click for me. And then, even though I was careful (per everyone's warning here) I put a crease into the middle of the rubber rendering it unplayable. What a waste of money.

-Expensive
-Not fun to play (for me)
-Insanely fragile!

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 27 May 2018, 18:33 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
Ma_Xin wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
All frictionless antis.

Why?

1) They are very expensive
2) They don't stay frictionless that long
3) They are overly angle dependent
4) They don't have good feel (compared to OX LPs)
5) Frictionless LPs, which these antis supposedly replaced, were way better

My greatest disappointment since returning to playing TT was the result of my 2nd cataract eye surgery which after 18mths has just started to be sorted. :@ :headbang: To all of us who need to head down that path be aware there are some good & some average eye surgeons out there! :swear: :punch:
To play our wonderful game we need to see to do it.
With TT equipment all of my journey has been interesting & helpful but I reckon I’m with mynamenotbob frictionless antis don’t do it for me :n:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 28 May 2018, 13:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

BRS wrote:
No problem, paddle palace has ratings, numerical to 100, i'll use those. So i got a blade that was off+, and two different rubbers one 99 speed the other 99 spin. 99 out of 100, it's the best, right?

ROFL... :lol: What blade was it?

Iskandar