OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 00:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Has anyone discovered a way to clean up dried Butterfly Free Chack? Our dog pulled a bottle out of my gym bag a couple of years ago and proceeded to chew it up right in the middle of our carpet, where it hardened before we got home. I've yet to find a solvent that removes it..

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2012, 07:26 

Thank you.

So finally, which is the best glue for domed rubber?

I have this problem with Donic Glue.

- blade= MaLong PG7-506:999$
- FH= TG3NeoBS Nat:95$
- BH= Ten05 Pro Max:80$
- Shoes= BTY EnergyForceV:200$
- Socks= 2xTihbarCool:20$
- Short= BTY Boxer:25$
- Tshirt= ChineseCNT:50$

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2012, 10:09 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
nathanso wrote:
Has anyone discovered a way to clean up dried Butterfly Free Chack? Our dog pulled a bottle out of my gym bag a couple of years ago and proceeded to chew it up right in the middle of our carpet, where it hardened before we got home. I've yet to find a solvent that removes it..

The way to remove gum is with adhesive tape, may work with chack, worth a try!

185g

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2012, 15:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
QUAK wrote:
Thank you.

Donic Vario Cleam is not the strongest... which is nice to make it easily removably, but tough to keep a done down.
I use the Xiom I-bond for stronger bonds... make sure you seal the blade first though. The TSP one is also quite strong.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2012, 19:54 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Quak,

Dawei Inspirit water based glue is very good: strong enough and easy to remove.

It is NOT expensive, so you might not like it :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 01:41 

QUAK wrote:
Thank you.

I also had a problem with Donic Glue in regards to domed rubbers. (Experienced this with the 729 rubbers: Super Soft, Focus 2, Focus 3 Snipe)

But Donic glue still did the job when I:
1. Let the glue dry a bit before sticking the blade and rubbers together. Used a hair dryer to shorten the drying process into 2-4 minutes.
2. Put some weights over the blade and rubber. I used a couple of books for the weights. The rubber was at the bottom.
3. I waited for around 2-3 hours for the glue to set in.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 14:45 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
Vinnie wrote:
I've moved from Copydex to Butterfly Free Chack, and I seriously would never even consider going back.

With the Copydex being so thick, I went through a significant amount compared to the Free Chack, and really, it simply didn't give as good results. The only thing better about it, I thought, was how easy it was to peel off the rubber afterwards. The Free Chack is easy to use, has never given me anything but a perfect result, and I have not even gone through half of it yet for a decent amount of gluing. Compared to the others, decent value, but when it comes down to a few dollars difference anyway, why not just go for something that works? This definitely does.

The Butterfly Free Chack has ruined a new sheet of my Yasaka Rakza 7. It has lifted all around the edges. Its an absolute disaster. Total garbage, IMO. Now what do I do? If I pull it off and try to remove it from the sponge it will pit the sponge and ruin it. add another layer and it adds tons of weight to the paddle. I hate this VOC free crap. And not I'm afraid to use rubber cement because the rubber was domed to start with, implying to me that it has speed glue or something already in it from the factory, and I'm afraid rubber cement will ruin it.

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 08:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

SirSpinsalot wrote:
QUAK wrote:
Thank you.

I also had a problem with Donic Glue in regards to domed rubbers. (Experienced this with the 729 rubbers: Super Soft, Focus 2, Focus 3 Snipe)

But Donic glue still did the job when I:
1. Let the glue dry a bit before sticking the blade and rubbers together. Used a hair dryer to shorten the drying process into 2-4 minutes.
2. Put some weights over the blade and rubber. I used a couple of books for the weights. The rubber was at the bottom.
3. I waited for around 2-3 hours for the glue to set in.

I used the Donic Vario for everything except OX sheets... never had a problem.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 13:09 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ding Ji water based glue.

So far, so good. This is the first (and only) water based glue I've tried. Comes with a nice kit. Plenty strong enough for domed Seamooned rubber, easy to remove from rubber if necessary, does not peel sealed obeche faced blades.

Problem is... well, the vendor I got it from doesn't sell it anymore! And I haven't seen it from any of the AliExpress vendors.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2014, 12:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Well! Apparently it's available again, and there's a new "concentrated" version.

AND there's a DingJi oil (which is slightly cheaper than SeaMoon):

http://www.tenryu.com.my/store/accessories1

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2014, 17:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I've not seen that shop before. :o

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2014, 19:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It's local for me but a longish drive, I'd rather pay a small fee and they deliver via courier. Fairly limited stock, and I've noticed things appear and dissapear. Seamoon was there once, I bought my bottle from them. The other shop (the one with the drive-in service!) is more convenient but doesn't have the same stuff. So far I've only bought various sorts of glue from these folk.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2014, 02:53 

I have always used German glue in the past, and still have some that is about 10+ years old, but it is getting down to the bottom of the can.

I just got some Butterfly Free Chalk and used it for the first time to put some rubber on a colleague's blade.

Seems a lot thinner than the older style glue and because of such it made quite a mess as when I spread it on the rubber and/or blade it runs off the edge easier.

Are any of the other glues thicker than Butterfly? IOW, not so thin and runny ?

GN

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2014, 20:06 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I haven't tried the Butterfly glue so I can't make a comparison, but the DingJi stuff seems thick enough. I don't have to resort to using a hair drier as seen on the various videos on YouTube - give it 5 or 10 minutes and it's dry enough - one coat on the blade and two on the rubber seem plenty. Removing the rubber layer is quite easy, too. That link I posted above also lists several of the older "VOC glues" (i.e. not water based). Whale and Dolphin are actually newer-fangled speed glues, the "Oil" is the latest thing in "boosters" (see the "Rec" section of this Forum) - apparently the effects last a month rather than for a few hours.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2014, 20:16 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Hair dryers really just speed it up. If we have a warm and dry day, the glue dries within mins, if we have a cool and humid day, I use a fan or it can take 10+ mins.
I prefer the thinner glues, as the thicker ones easily 'ball up' once you start spreading it. A lot of glues do this, even some of the more expensive ones. Of course it may work better in some climates compared to others.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next