OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 18:32 

Silver wrote:
robbie5856 wrote:

How come the Australian Champion has won the last two National Championships using Butterfly as well as all the other Australian Team members except Robbie Frank.
Tried to get some Tenergy from Aussie TT and they don't even sell it saying its too expensive , then how is it that their sponsored players all seem to be using Tenergy rubbers , I don't believe what all these people are saying as to me its all BS.
I saw Hensell in Melbourne two weeks ago and he was still using the Butterfly rubber, is it the best if all the top players are using it????

Ok, here's a serious question:
What was he using before he used Butterfly?
I can tell you know that he'd have won regardless of what he used (provided he had time to adjust). These other australian team members; has their position actually moved before and after they switched to Tenergy?

Tenergy isn't a magic bullet. It's not going to make you play like Henzell.

Secondly, if we want to know what 'all the top players are using', why on earth are you constraining yourself to Australia? What rubbers are the top 10 currently using? Top 20?

robbie5856 wrote:
Thanks for your advice , it is certainly deceiving when its obviuos that the players on your forum are obviously connected with equipment companies as when I ask some coaches they all advise the rubbers that only they want to sell so I was trying to actually get some unbiased opinions and you seem to be that which I appreciate.
I would be on the edge of A grade in Melbourne and I travel a lot.

I do hope you're not aiming that at me, considering I am a T05 user myself...

Your allround blade should be fine. However, and big however, for some reason Tenergy just doesn't go well on some blades...

No just that when you read some opinions and find out they work for companies and then say I am excited about this rubber then its rather confusing who to believe.
I heard that the Tenergy someone bought from Dandoy was crapp compared to some bought locally in Sydney, different feeling, anyone heard the same??

PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 18:55 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Bty rubbers are very good quality, so i doubt they differ between batches.
It could be the glue he used that made it feel different to others.

PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 20:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
robbie5856 wrote:
I heard that the Tenergy someone bought from Dandoy was crapp compared to some bought locally in Sydney, different feeling, anyone heard the same??

LOL! I think I know who you've been talking to, as I heard exactly the same thing from someone in your area a few days ago. Personally I don't believe this about Dandoy and I also think there may well be other reasons why the rubber did not perform...

PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 22:01 
I am Legend
I am Legend

robbie5856 wrote:
No just that when you read some opinions and find out they work for companies and then say I am excited about this rubber then its rather confusing who to believe.

Funny you should mention this.
I've ordered Tenergy from different places (worldwide) and have noticed differences - however, I think it was the batch that I got.

For example, the stuff I got from iruiru when the rubber was launched (within a week) was much harder and faster than the stuff I got from the aus bty seller, maybe 9 mths after initial launch.