OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Which rubber should I buy?
Juic Nanocannon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Juic 999 Elite Nano 60%  60%  [ 6 ]
Stiga Neos 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Tibhar Speedy Spin Tuned 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tibhar Torpedo 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Tibhar Rapid X-Press 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Tibhar Samurai 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 19:17 
Super User

CONTROL - a great word :wink: . A premade or an anti has control ? NO generally speaking , yes at there level.
When you rise your level of play you will see that a premade is not useful... An anti doesn't give you the gears to execute a certain shots ...

In my opinion CONTROL is an accessory next to spin, speed and skill. If you are struggling to execute certain shots with a certain setup that means you have less control than with other ... But that is at YOUR level ...

Tacky rubbers give you more gears than nontacky rubbers. Plus they give you a certain level of insecurity because of the incomming spin. BUT , that is like you are driving a Skoda and then you jump in a BMW.. The benefits (there is the speed)exists , but you must rise your level to deserve their benefits.
On the other hand a nontacky and speedy setup needs to be full comitted because there are no lazy moves that generate spin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 20:04 

Is there much difference in speed between the tacky Juice 999 Elite Nano and the non-tacky Juic Nanocannon or Tibhar Torpedo when you are driving/looping/smashing shots from a few metres away from the table?:twisted:

If control is all relative, I suppose what I'd also really like to know is which is the fastest rubber out there at the moment in both black and red...And presuming that there are a number of them which are of a similar speed, which ones impart the most spin once you've whack the ball. I'm expecting Couga to be one answer for black but am not sure about red.:?

For the next year, should I be buying rubbers with built-in speed glue where the speed-glue effect wears off after a couple of months or buy normal rubbers and glue them up? You see I like to keep my rubbers for a whole season before changing them and find the suggested time frame of these built-in speed glue rubbers a bit short. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 06:53 

After much deliberation and reading over the last month I'm going to order:

Blade: Dawei Crystal Carbon King - OFF++
Image :twisted:

Forehand Rubber: Juic Nano Cannon Max
Image:drunken: :bounce:

Backhand Rubber: Juic Elite Nano 999 Max
Image :shaking2:

Hopefully I'll be able to loop-drive like hell with this beast and have no need for speed glue.

Feedback to follow! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 08:39 

Yeah I get excited just looking at pictures of them! I'm hoping once I've pendulum swung my serve with left-side and top and then go in for the backhand topspin that the ball whips of the table and when I'm plaing a chopper I can easily loop their balls on my backhand as easily as I can on my forehand. Dunno how the two different rubbers will pan out with drives from the back of the court but I'm hoping to move away from that sort of play and could always balance the rubbers out with a bit of speed glue if needed.