OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 00:26 

URGENT UPDATE!!!

My son is playing the World Junior Circuit. He played in Venezuela last week and is playing in Ecuador today.
He plays with Tibhar Clean Tunning Extra.
There are Enez-Ittf guys there testing rackets (don´t know for sure as he is not back, and he didn´t have it very clear).
HE WAS REJECTED.
He was told that "Clean tunning is a product that gives negative results in Enez".
!!!!!!!!!
More so, there is an explanation in the Enez site. Here´s the link: http://www.enez.de/enezinfoen.pdf
So, chances are this will happen with other products (Stiga Extreme Booster, Falco´s products, etc.)
IS THE ITTF CRAZY????!!!
I don´t know what to do, as there is no information about this anywhere, neither in the ITTF site, the Tibhar site, or anywhere else.
Just in the tournaments and in the Enez site.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 01:49 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
wow, thanks for the heads up! Was your son able to get another racket in time to play?

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 02:21 

He had another blade and used brand new rubbers without booster and this time he passed the test.
Did you read the enez article I posted the link for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 02:31 

Thanks for the link.

In Holland our "Equipment Official" has stated this week that there are and always have been rules that, strictly interpreted, would ban the use of tuners/boosters/cleaners. He also stated that it was the experience that tuned rackets set off ENEZ. And he says it is to be expected that tuners and boosters will be banned.

I think this is terrible management:
- ITTF bans VOC's and explains in some technical leaflet what they consider to be VOC's, based on gaspressure (dampdruk in dutch, I hope this translates).
- Manufacturers create Boosters/Tuners with less volatile OC's with gaspressures below the ITTF-standard
- ENEZ apparently cannot exactly differentiate between the old glues and new boosters since alot seems to rely on how much was used, how long ago and how was the racket stored.
- ITTF probably decides that tuners/boosters are also banned based on the old rule that you are not allowed to change the properties of the rubber (Spinmax apparently has always been illegal, even when they were allowad to carry the ITTF-logo on the container!), probably to keep ENEZ alive.

I've spent alot of time trying to get this tuning to work, still fighting my domed rubbers onto the blade, but I'm happy with how it performs. And I was also happy with the health improvement compared to speedglue and certainly compared to the ancient speedglues like Rapid Extra (Remember: the reason that Rapid Clean was called that had to do with the extremely volatile substances not being present).

I hope DHS can come up with a H3-tensor that plays like a speedglued H3 and doesn't cost as much as a Butterfly Tenergy :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 06:02 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Ricardo wrote:
He had another blade and used brand new rubbers without booster and this time he passed the test.
Did you read the enez article I posted the link for?

I just did. It seemed to indicate it is possible to have a racket that just barely passes or fails. I imagine this will cause people tol develop some sort of routine to have their racket get as close to the limit as possible without failing. Then, if it does fail you can submit your back-up (more conservatively treated) racket.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 06:47 
Super User

Hey tuning-friends

I made some tests with different tuners and boosters like Falco Speed Unlimited, Stiga Extrem Booster, lamp oil and Tibhar Rapid Clean Delux with the new generation of ENEZ boxes. It's a pitty that als rubber didn't passed the test. I've testet so many tuning funds but it seems that they all are to strong for the test with the ENEZ-box.

Cheers, Martin :(

DMS Spinfire OX | STIGA Hornet | YASAKA Cobalt OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 09:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
These products are desgined to meet the VOC content criteria, so you're got to wonder how accurate the machine is... I've also heard of false reading being recorded of brand new rubbers... there's something seriously wrong with this system...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 19:28 

haggisv wrote:
I've also heard of false reading being recorded of brand new rubbers.

This is not entirely strange since VOC's are nescesary as a catalyst in the vulcanisation proces of rubber. According to Wikipedia highly toxic benzenes are still used in production of rubber so the ENEZ-device could pick that up. Apparently the more toxic/volatile the VOC, less quantity is nescessary to set off the device.
That is also why on some of the packaging of TT-rubbers you are instructed not to smell the new rubber because of health hazards.

In terms of toxicity / health hazards:
tuners/boosters < "clean" speed glues (Heptane a.o.) < old speed glues (Tolueen a.o.) < VOC's used for rubber production (Benzene a.o.)

Personally I think that with tuners and boosters the health risk is below that of someone cleaning his house, and well below that of someone painting his house, but if it's now allowed, the ITTF could have been alot more clear about it.

What bugs me is that I have invested money and time in an alternative that apparently never was a real alternative.
And it's specialy sad for those young guys that made the switch and have problems now in international tournaments, like Ricardo's son.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 20:47 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think it still IS an alternative. Just because one test failed does not mean they will all fail.

It may also have failed for other reasons, or perhaps it won't fail one or a few days afterwards... As I mentioned these tuners are designed to meet to maximum VOC content, so there is no reason for them to fail the test...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 21:30 

Hi:

It seems that
1) the ITTF set up new rules: "Gas Pressure <0.3", and manufacturers and us trying with LO, etc, tried and played with that rule.

2)But now, ENEZ does not work with gas pressure, but with "air contamination", regardless of the danger of that contamination, meaning that Enez does not care about the contamination coming from Toluene or a harmless oil, but with anything that is on the air of the chamber of the detector after 60 seconds.

Tibhar, Stiga, Falco,etc. MUST work on new formulas fast, or the players will have to play with the new >U$S 60 rubbers only.

A tip for the creative guys in this forum: when I experimented with heavier paraffins, spin was not increased as much (speed was) and it lasted for months.
The weight of the rubber increased, and it did not decrease trough time. So this must indicate that heavier paraffins do not evaporate and they will probably not set up the alarm of Enez.
But there is not a single Enez in Argentina, so I cannot experiment.
Martinspin, here's a ball on your court you must return.
By the way, how can I get a new generation Enez and how much is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 21:38 

and haggisv:
The Ittf guys at the World Junior Circuit, said that tunners set up the alarm, and it was their experience in various tournaments,
but it was said there (and please don't quote ME, but my son who is 13 y.o. heard it) that the Donic booster didn't set up the alarm, and he actually used it afterwards and the donic one didn't set up the alarm.
We like the Tibhar better, I am not making propaganda for Donic.
But I must give you this information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 22:46 
Super User

Hey Ricardo

Ricardo wrote:
Hi:

It seems that
1) the ITTF set up new rules: "Gas Pressure <0.3", and manufacturers and us trying with LO, etc, tried and played with that rule.

2)But now, ENEZ does not work with gas pressure, but with "air contamination", regardless of the danger of that contamination, meaning that Enez does not care about the contamination coming from Toluene or a harmless oil, but with anything that is on the air of the chamber of the detector after 60 seconds.

Tibhar, Stiga, Falco,etc. MUST work on new formulas fast, or the players will have to play with the new >U$S 60 rubbers only.

A tip for the creative guys in this forum: when I experimented with heavier paraffins, spin was not increased as much (speed was) and it lasted for months.
The weight of the rubber increased, and it did not decrease trough time. So this must indicate that heavier paraffins do not evaporate and they will probably not set up the alarm of Enez.
But there is not a single Enez in Argentina, so I cannot experiment.
Martinspin, here's a ball on your court you must return.
By the way, how can I get a new generation Enez and how much is it?

What are haevier paraffins?

I think that currently only TT unions of a country can get an ENEZ. You should talk with these people.

I ask my shop to test the Donic Power Boost. I'll write down the newest infos here when I got the results.

Cheers, Martin

DMS Spinfire OX | STIGA Hornet | YASAKA Cobalt OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 22:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Maybe the longer lasting boosters (like Ecolo Expander II) are the way to go, rather than the boosters that evaporate over time. But without an Enez machine, you don't really know what will work. The manufacturers are just guessing right now.

Spintech All Around Penhold blade
Spinlord Keiler II 1.5 black
Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2008, 03:57 

Martinspin:
I couldn´t get the exact same paraffin as published in the internet for Stiga and LO in Argentina.
I was able to find one that was heavier (similar but heavier) and it also felt thicker.
I got it at an importer of chemical products (by saying I need a sample and I will buy it later in large quantities)
This one didn´t evaporate. I know because I weighted the rubber trogh time.
But again, it gave speed but not spin to the rubber, and I guess it is because it didn´t soften the sponge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2008, 09:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The Donic, Butterfly and Falco booster are all made in the same factory and use similar technology (although the are definitely NOT the same), but I hear the Falco booster uses later generation technology...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!