OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: spin/speed
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 14:59 

gidday ya'll . me again . I have a nice new bat . rated for speed . flared handle . with 2.2 ml rubbers . one side the black is stickier, spins more and a bit slower than the red witch is fast and feels great off the bat . I like the idea of the different pace and spin off each rubber . more options for me and more unsettling for my opponents . trouble is I'm a novice at the glue and cut thang and already my rubbers are lifting off ! :( .
so can any one recommend a similar type set up that i can get from 'one of a kind ' that they can make up for me also a good glue that i can repair my nice newish bat with . I'm keen on getting a nice tacky rubber on one side and a quicker but with some spin on the other and looking at spending up to $100 for the made up bat !? remember I'm a novice so if this sounds dumb. it is ! I'm learning so be patient .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 15:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Can you tell us exactly what blade and rubbers you have at the moment? This will help us suggest an alternative. It should be written on the lables of the blade and rubbers.

If you rubbers are already coming off the blade, it may not have been glued that well. It only a bit is coming off, you just need a little tube of TT glue, out some on both the rubber and blade, wait for a fwe mins, then press down and clamp.

If it coming loose in several places you may be better off pulling off the whole sheet, and regluing the lot.

Post subject: spin/speed
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2007, 07:01 

ummm the red side is called amigo palio ( gold palm trading )the black says super 999T cant make out the name of the blade it may be areoj the labels and packaging are long gone . all made in china ! the blade is a fast light flared handled jobie . any way some thing along those lines are fine . I fixed up my other bat with tyre repair glue :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2007, 08:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Ahh yes I know those rubbers. Amigo is a fairly basic Palio rubber, and the 999T sounds like a Globe or similar variant. Not sure about the blade.
Fixing you bat with tyre repair glue is fine, that stuff is very similar to table tennis glue.

I'll assume from what you've said that you want a good quality, fairly light and fairly fast blade. You want quite a fast rubber on FH, and a slower and very spinny on your BH...and rubbers should be on the light side too to keep the overall weight down... hope I'm on the right track here...

Here are a few options:

Blade:
Galaxy M-6, $39.95
DAWEI GTO Blade, (OFF) Arylate Carbon $36.95
729 Hao Shuai Champion Carbon Blade! $44.95
Donic Persson Powerply Senso V1 $54.95

FH:
Gold Way 916 Destroyer (Free shipping AU) $19.95
Dawei SPRUNGFEDER G3 A4 (free shipping AU) $19.95

BH:
729 GeoSpin Tacky 2.0mm $17.95

Alex...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2007, 04:40 

The blade name you wrote out in english actually resembles the yinhe/galaxy name written in Chinese. I would guess it's a Galaxy blade.

pongcrazy

Post subject: Re: spin/speed
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2007, 05:58 
A Beautiful Brain

One thing I would also get lezjon would be a container of Spinmax Aqueous, which will maintain your new rubbers tackiness....(tackiness such as Geospin tacky) otherwise the tackiness will fade after a while... Spinmax really does what it says it will do http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/Shop/pr ... cts_id=444 ...Spinmax Aqueous can be sent by Express mail.. otherwise the Solvent based normal Spinmax that I use can only be sent via Courier along with your other items the courier costs about $10.00 or so...forget exactly and takes a few days...Express is overnight except if a bat has to be made up... However alex or Luna can answer exactly...

fosss

lezjon wrote:
ummm the red side is called amigo palio ( gold palm trading )the black says super 999T cant make out the name of the blade it may be areoj the labels and packaging are long gone . all made in china ! the blade is a fast light flared handled jobie . any way some thing along those lines are fine . I fixed up my other bat with tyre repair glue :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2007, 06:36 

thanks people . yeh a galaxy blade rings a bell I got it from the mornington peninsula table tennis association . the spinmax stuff sounds great . we sponge our rubbers down with water , that seems to keep em a little tacky what do ya reckon ?. I have looked at the online shop regarding haggis suggestions . love the sound of the geo spin tacky and goldway destroyer rubbers . just mentioning that to the guys in the "talk it up cup " will psyche em out and me up ! The mind is a big part of the game :wink: . Can't make my mind up about a blade yet as I am playing well with my current set up ;might leave that as is for now. Fantastic to have all this advice and input , it's a great help it's also good to know were i can get a hold of this equipment so thanks to you all and keep it comming .

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!