OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 17:05 

Hello guys, I have been reading this forum for a while, and I have problems with my blade-rubber combo. I have just bought Innerforce AL + Tenergy 05(2.1mm) + Tenergy 05 FX (2.1mm). The reason I have chosen AL was to feel the ball well so I could respond well with its softer feel. But the problem is, I cannot make the ball return fast enough to beat my opponent. I do not know if it is because the blade is too soft or rubbers are heavy enough to slow me. What I feel is too vibrant and heavy a paddle I have for now. Any advice for changing this set up? I am kind of lost my enthusiasm for a new butterfly product since I have paid too much for this kind of disappointment.
Another reason might be I am kind of beginner since I have not been actively playing about 4 years and this is my first personal setup. The previous paddle I used was Zoran Primorac 7000 Anatomic Edition + Wakaba D-13 (On both sides) which is a pre-assembled paddle.
Any faster and lighter combo with a reasonable amount of feel for control is most welcome.

Thanks first for reading this long passage and second for advice.

(BTW, it does not have to be other than Butterfly, I think most of the mistake is mine probably because I have chosen the wrong equipment to use together)
(BTW2, I do not know how to describe my game but I hate chopping consecutively, I like to get far away from table and spin or shot)

Last edited by darkbrown on 09 Oct 2011, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 17:14 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
It is a shame that people like yourself buy expensive equipment without first consulting a forum such as this one. You have a weapon there that is plenty fast enough to beat your opponent in the right hands. As a relative beginner, I would think it is way TOO fast. Please explain more about why you think this equipment is not fast enough to beat your opponent before any advice is given, because this does not make any sense of the face of it...for someone at your level. I would expect/think your problem would be more around the control of the bat being too difficult to beat your opponent.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 17:23 

Yeah I know I should have asked someone but I can assure you I read enough to get bored of information. I just did this decision because I thought it would be useful to feel the ball so react well. I am actually an impatient player who cannot wait for the right ball to finish the game, and although I like to do defense it is hard so I generally try to finish the game in first shots.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 17:26 

No, I think I am good with control on my BH with FX and FH with normal sponge but it is probably because the paddle is a LITTLE bit heavy.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 17:38 

So, it might be because (yeah I agree) I am kind of newbie :D So in this case, any advice? I don't think I will use my current setup in future if I change to another setup now.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 17:40 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

In that case it may be that your problem is not with the blade but with the rubbers, as T05 is not that fast if you don't hit with high spin. Tenergy is also quite a heavy rubber. I would look at getting lighter rubbers that hit faster from a flatter hit. Have read of the "fastest rubbers" threads here and a look at the rubber mass database to see rubber weights. Andro Hexer+ or Roxon 450 might deliver what you are after.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 17:45 

Thanks for advice. Asking for curiosity, how would it be if I have changed the blade with a lighter one?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 18:47 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I doubt there would be a huge difference. I doubt your blade is much over 90 grams. The rubbers will be over 50 grams each. If they are 110g, then dropping blade weight to say 80g won't have as much effect as if you get 2 rubbers that are 40-ish grams each. To get the blade to be very light (like 60g) you have to go to a light balsa setup, and it won't have the power of the AL. I tend to think the reason your blade feels heavy is because it is unbalanced due to the rubbers weight. Lighter rubbers should make it more balanced and it will feel lighter. I have had 2 setups next to each other before where you would swear one is heavier than the other. Yet put on scales the heavier feeling one is actually lighter (by a few grams), just less balanced.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011, 02:23 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

Just put some Sriver FX MAX rubbers on your bat, TENERGY won't do you any good in this stage unless you are really brushing the ball with a FAST loop stroke. Sriver will help you make your game. If you stick with it long enough it will give you the patience. I have a relatively slow rubber on a relatively slow blade, but I can still hit winners even from mid distance against my practice partner. It all has to do with Technique.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011, 13:06 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
either that or just get a coach....Stick with what you have. Learn how to loop on both wings and have fun. No reason to waste good rubber or a good paddle.

says the EJ...

but seriously I stopped changing my setup for a few months now...its great....I wanna try curl p4 and i tried a friends talon and it's really fun, but I think good players just play with what they got and then specialize there equipment when they have all the strokes down and have an idea what they have to personally do to win.

Now the tenergy on the innerforce al....how is that slow? Sounds like you bought a pretty good combo to me.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2011, 08:30 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

tabesamis wrote:
either that or just get a coach....Stick with what you have. Learn how to loop on both wings and have fun. No reason to waste good rubber or a good paddle.

says the EJ...

but seriously I stopped changing my setup for a few months now...its great....I wanna try curl p4 and i tried a friends talon and it's really fun, but I think good players just play with what they got and then specialize there equipment when they have all the strokes down and have an idea what they have to personally do to win.

Now the tenergy on the innerforce al....how is that slow? Sounds like you bought a pretty good combo to me.

I think think the blade is soft and flexy with a high throw and medium speed, like the keyshot light.