OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: waterbased glues
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2007, 23:14 

i was wondering which waterglues that are easiest to remove from the rubber when the coat is only applyed once for gluing on a CTEed rubber.

To Alex: on your cte review, which glue did u glue the tuned rubber with? and y dont you import Tibhar Clean Fix? or whatever the new waterglue is called..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2007, 23:41 

oh yeah,
whats the difference between the flalco ocean glue and the falco water glue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 09:33 
A Beautiful Brain

I will answer a part of your post Jinyang

Ocean Glue needs to be placed in some sort of press for about 6 hours after application of the glue and placing the rubber on the blade...This glue is water soluble
Water glue acts like traditional contact glue or VOC based glue and apply the glue, leave to dry, then apply the rubber to the blade and it is instantly bonded...
I use Falco non water based non VOC based speed glue called Falco Unlimited, and that works just like a contact glue and is NOT water soluble, and will glue down and hold considerable domes..., but needs to be rubbed off before re-application of any treatment like Falco Booster or CTE...
Remnants of Falco Unlimited glue can be removed with white spirits, shellite or Thinners or similar VOC based solvent.

I am a very big fan of the Falco products and use no other because they are so easy to use compared to other products I have used.

follow the links below for Alex's very detailed reviews and how to use instructions on Falco products...unfortunately the reviews on the Ocean and Water glues are hard to find and are not linked from the shop item...yet........sorry Alex...lol :lol:

fosss

http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/falco_water_glue.htm
http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/falco_oceans_glue.htm
http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/falco_t ... imited.htm
http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/falco_tempo_booster.htm

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 09:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks Fosss!

Cheers for reminding me I had not done this.... I did forget :oops:

They ARE all linked in from this page:

Falco table tennis glue range

Edit: I added the links to the reviews in the shop too now...

Last edited by haggisv on 21 Nov 2007, 10:09, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: waterbased glues
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 10:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Jinyang wrote:
i was wondering which waterglues that are easiest to remove from the rubber when the coat is only applyed once for gluing on a CTEed rubber.

To Alex: on your cte review, which glue did u glue the tuned rubber with? and y dont you import Tibhar Clean Fix? or whatever the new waterglue is called..

I used the Falco Water glue, which is easy to get off aferwards... just wipe it off with a wet cloth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 18:47 

allright thanks!
i never found these two reviews about the water glues on ur site, but now i know where it is

EDIT: do u export these outside aussie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 19:00 

alex, on your reviews they seemed pretty much identical, only the water glue needed about 20 mins of drying at first before the clamp, and the ocean glue just went into the clamp straight away

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 20:30 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I sort of tried to explain it in the Ocean's glue review:

NOTE: This is not a contact glue (whereas Falco Water Glue IS), but a normal glue. Since the glue is still wet when you apply the rubber to the blade, it has very little adhesion strength at first, but makes a strong bond after 6 hours of clamping / pressing. For this reason it may not be suitable for those that speed glue since it can be tricky getting it into a press / clamp when the rubber still has a dome. If there is very doming it should work fine.

Hope that clears it up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 21:07 

sure clears up about the ocean glue.

3. Wait till glue starts to dry

Now we need to wait for some time before we put the two together, and this is where the confusion came in for me; The instruction on the tin tell you to wait 1-2 hours for the glue to dry, whereas the instruction above (also from the manufacturer) tell you to wait 30-45mins.

The first time I tried this glue I waited for more than an hour for the glue to dry. When I inspected them, both were completely dry, with no adhesive strength at all!

After discussing this with the manufacturer, it was recommended to just wait long enough for the glue to start to become clear (from it's initial white colour), and at this point it's ready to be attached together. For me it was more like 20mins for this to happen, but it obviously depends a lot on climate conditions...

4. Applying the rubber and blade together.

When the glue starts to turn clear (from it's initial white colour) the rubber and blade are ready to be applied together.

The good thing about this glue is that it's still not completely dry, so even after you've put the rubber onto the blade, you can still move it around a little if it's not on straight.

lol

well, im still a little comfused about the watere glue. does it, or does it not need to be clamped? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2007, 06:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The water glue DOES need to be clamped, but only for a short period, whereas the Ocean's needs to be clamped at least for 6 hours...