OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009, 07:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Just a reminder, that if any of you have some cut-offs of rubbers, especially ones that are not in the table,it would be great if you could send them over, so I can add them to the table... If you're in AU, you can stick them in a thin envelope and send ti as a letter, which will only cost you a dollar or so, which I'll gladly cover.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2009, 20:23 
♫ Living On The Edge (Tape) ♫

Blade: Tibhar Stratus Power Def
FH: Rakza Z MAX
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz OX
I think you should include the part about covering the costs in the first post HaggisV. I think more people would come at it that way. :wink:

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2010, 20:20 

I'd be real interested to know where the sponge of the Juic Neo Anti comes on your scale.
Would rate it "as soft as I've known a sponge to be" but if anyone has experince of it I'd like very much to know where you would rate it in specific (numerical) terms.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2010, 20:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

As a guess, I'd say it's less than 30deg...

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 13:43 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

For anyone that might be interested, I've added quite a few rubbers to this list.

If anyone would like to collect cutoff of the rubbers they use, and send it to me so that I can add the values to the table, that would be much appreciated! Cheers!

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010, 11:50 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

[quote="haggisv"]Here is a growing list of sponge hardness levels of rubbers, as measured with my durometer. I've explained in there that adjustment needed to be made to the values and why, but the results tie in quite well with my expectations.

I'll continue to add values as I get access to them... What do you think?: Hard to say:)
tOD

PS Anyone know where I can buy sheets of sponge at least fifty degrees or harder in various thicknesses?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 12:54 

Sort by hardness would be good..

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 14:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Good idea, I'm updating the site anyway, so I'll definitely add that!

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2010, 00:39 
Super User

I see the tenergy rubbers aren't in the table yet. Can anybody give an indication on their sponge hardness?

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 17:31 

thanks that is very good to know...a good way to also look at quality control

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 20:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I've got all the rubbers here, including the Tenergy and Tenergy FX, I just have not yet added them to the table :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 21:25 

can you measure the hardness of the donic coppa x1, x2, x3? thanks

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 19:03 

Excuse me for resurrecting this thread. I noticed that Gambler Outlaw is listed as 41 hardness, like Hurricane 3 NEO. How can this be? I am currently playing with H3neo on forehand and outlaw on backhand, and Outlaw is much softer, in fact it bottoms out on forehand loop drives. I'd say the Outlaw feels like a very tuned 36 deg. rubber.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 23:17 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
seguso wrote:
Excuse me for resurrecting this thread. I noticed that Gambler Outlaw is listed as 41 hardness, like Hurricane 3 NEO. How can this be? I am currently playing with H3neo on forehand and outlaw on backhand, and Outlaw is much softer, in fact it bottoms out on forehand loop drives. I'd say the Outlaw feels like a very tuned 36 deg. rubber.

That's very different to my impression of Outlaw, I've had many sheets and all have been pretty hard. I'm actually surprised it is not more than 41! ....... unless ....... is the new outlaw a lot softer than the old ?

185g

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2011, 21:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I've finally updated my Sponge Hardness Table, and it's now about 3 times the size of what it was before, so the update was well overdue! :oops:

A big thanks to those people that save rubber offcuts for me, and send them to me... that's a great help as there are many rubbers I'll not likely have access to otherwise.

Instead of listing my 'adjusted' hardness values, I've listed the actual Shore C measurements that I've taken. The description at the top outlines the limitations to the accuracy of the measurements, but the value should still give a very good guide relative to each other.

I've also included multiple values for many rubbers, as I got the opportunity to measure different sheets. As you can see, there are significant variations in values, even among those that are considered high quality sheets. :o

I've like to continue building this list, so if any of you get a lot of offcuts, please mark them up and save them, and when you've got a decent number, please send them down to me. I'll be happy to cover your postage costs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next