OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Aug 2019, 00:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2011, 16:32 

Who has tried spin art? How is the durability of the rubber? Can you compare it with Tenergy 05's durability?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 23:11 

TheBearThatIsGolden wrote:
Who has tried spin art? How is the durability of the rubber? Can you compare it with Tenergy 05's durability?
you have the best blade so look no further its perfect-light nippy and super control-I have an old one and help a guy who sells equipment and we agree this is a gem. Spinart if like tenergy-will have medium life-alas it doesnt last much past two months playing every day. But i have never seen one without any grip like an antispin- i have seen them before but they last a bit.
No excuse MarkV The original is better than Sriver.
Tenergy is great but Stiga Claibra is great too-they are very alike in ways-both are dear-Tenergy is tensor and costs alot
not sure if Calibra is i dont think so but it can spin the ball very well indeed

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 00:18 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Vs401 2.0
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
Davey wrote:
Tenergy is great but Stiga Claibra is great too-they are very alike in ways-both are dear-Tenergy is tensor and costs alot
not sure if Calibra is i dont think so but it can spin the ball very well indeed

No no no, Tenergy is NOT a Tensor.
and they are both made in Japan, so a lot of chances they are made in the same factory.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 00:59 
The Unprogrammable Player

I've been using Spin Art like crazy (at least 3 hours a day) for the last 1,5 - 2 months and It still feels almost like a new rubber. OFC have in mind that I am sort of a defender, but I do attack a lot if opponent is at same level or worse..

3) Ross Leidy "White Shadow" / P1R (1,3) / Hexer PS (1,7)

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 19:17 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

There is this guy at my club, Sir, a J-Pen player using black MAX Spin Art.. He is a hitter/blocker and is using only one side of his racket (oh yeah its a J-Pen :lol: )
Since like the last 6 months I think he haven't changed it and it still smack good and is still spinny too. He is playing like twice a week, around 2 hours or more in one day..

So I think its pretty durable, remembering it has a hard sponge and topsheet combined with Butterfly's awesome quality control.

I guess that's my experience, Sir.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 05:38 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: Victas VS>401 2.0 R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B
Justas wrote:
I've been using Spin Art like crazy (at least 3 hours a day) for the last 1,5 - 2 months and It still feels almost like a new rubber. OFC have in mind that I am sort of a defender, but I do attack a lot if opponent is at same level or worse..

Justas, can you describe your experiences with Spinart as a defensive rubber? I might be interested in that rubber. Thanx. ;)

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 11:02 

Lorre wrote:
Justas wrote:

Justas, can you describe your experiences with Spinart as a defensive rubber? I might be interested in that rubber. Thanx. ;)

Oh.. I don't even know where to start :D
1) First off, I think I might have lied (for the past week I've been getting a feeling that something is off with the rubber, and now I think it's dieing on me). It still can spin the ball, but the consistency even of the simplest shots are gone. So I need to correct my self and say that It can live only for 2 months if you train 5 days a week, 2-3,5 hours a day.

2) My play style is a mix of classic and modern defense. What I'm doing a bit differently than most of other defenders is that when I push, I like to twiddle and create very heavy underspin with my inverted where others would just push with pips and make only average underspin or none at all. (in reality by doing so I make many mistakes my self, but it's the way I like it and I will perfect this after some time :D)

3) Spin Art is a hella hard rubber and I've properly tried it only on re-impact mephisto 7001 blade which in fact has a soft feeling (the blade) when rubbers are glued. The problem for me (answering your question properly) lies in the blade. The blade is sooo damn strange and it reacts to what's glued on other side very much, so I don't know if the rubber would work even a little bit similar on a conventional blade. Ok, now let's go to my impressions about the rubber (on mephisto)
a) it is quite fast and has enough power for all shots
b) it has a low throw and it is VERY sensitive to spin, you cant be passive with this rubber at all. For example when your blocking topspins close to table you should grow a pair of ballz and always try to hit the ball forward with a fast short motion with closed bat angle. If you can do that, point is yours, if you can't or lets say get afraid for some reason your chances of winning the point gets quite low..
c) you can loop however you like. Brush loop, hit loop, side loop.. It can do it all. Brush loop works wonders most of the time.
d) I get to play with with top-30 players in my country a lot lately. They all say something in the lines of: "your pushes are the spiniest I've had to deal with". So at least for my technique spin art is superb in this department.
e) chops from the distance: it's a 2 edged sword. when I can manage to move on my feet in a godlike mode and get to a perfect position for a chop (further away is way better) and chop with a fast heavy motion with perfect bat angle (and return low long ball on the table) then that's it, 7 times of 10 a point is won for sure if opponent decides to do another topspin and not push back. Underspin is insane. You can also do insane underspin/sidespin combinations. Oh and when I say perfect position for chop I mean it. If you cant manage to do that, then most of balls go too long or very high. Adjusting swing and bat angle helps very very little.
p.s. I play with 1,7 mm thick sponge

if you have more specific questions feel free to ask.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 21:03 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: Victas VS>401 2.0 R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B
Justas wrote:
Oh.. I don't even know where to start :D
1) First off, I think I might have lied (for the past week I've been getting a feeling that something is off with the rubber, and now I think it's dieing on me). It still can spin the ball, but the consistency even of the simplest shots are gone. So I need to correct my self and say that It can live only for 2 months if you train 5 days a week, 2-3,5 hours a day.

2) My play style is a mix of classic and modern defense. What I'm doing a bit differently than most of other defenders is that when I push, I like to twiddle and create very heavy underspin with my inverted where others would just push with pips and make only average underspin or none at all. (in reality by doing so I make many mistakes my self, but it's the way I like it and I will perfect this after some time :D)

3) Spin Art is a hella hard rubber and I've properly tried it only on re-impact mephisto 7001 blade which in fact has a soft feeling (the blade) when rubbers are glued. The problem for me (answering your question properly) lies in the blade. The blade is sooo damn strange and it reacts to what's glued on other side very much, so I don't know if the rubber would work even a little bit similar on a conventional blade. Ok, now let's go to my impressions about the rubber (on mephisto)
a) it is quite fast and has enough power for all shots
b) it has a low throw and it is VERY sensitive to spin, you cant be passive with this rubber at all. For example when your blocking topspins close to table you should grow a pair of ballz and always try to hit the ball forward with a fast short motion with closed bat angle. If you can do that, point is yours, if you can't or lets say get afraid for some reason your chances of winning the point gets quite low..
c) you can loop however you like. Brush loop, hit loop, side loop.. It can do it all. Brush loop works wonders most of the time.
d) I get to play with with top-30 players in my country a lot lately. They all say something in the lines of: "your pushes are the spiniest I've had to deal with". So at least for my technique spin art is superb in this department.
e) chops from the distance: it's a 2 edged sword. when I can manage to move on my feet in a godlike mode and get to a perfect position for a chop (further away is way better) and chop with a fast heavy motion with perfect bat angle (and return low long ball on the table) then that's it, 7 times of 10 a point is won for sure if opponent decides to do another topspin and not push back. Underspin is insane. You can also do insane underspin/sidespin combinations. Oh and when I say perfect position for chop I mean it. If you cant manage to do that, then most of balls go too long or very high. Adjusting swing and bat angle helps very very little.
p.s. I play with 1,7 mm thick sponge

if you have more specific questions feel free to ask.

Justas, thanks for the really clear and superb review of the rubber. :up: I never heard before it could be used in defense and from what I read it can be, but your technique needs to be spot on. I'm quite sure I can reach the required technical level of the rubber (I play with a Tenergy64 1.9 - although the technique might vastly be different), but I'm searching for a rubber that is in line with Tenergy64, but a little softer and a little more forgiving (especially when you're hit hard on that forehand). I see Spinart isn't the rubber I'm looking for, although it might be interesting to try it out later for the sake of having tried it. Just one more question: does it have catapult effect or spring like the Tenergy series?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 21:16 

Hm.. I think catapult is minimal but it has that springy feeling like tenergies. This rubber really is not forgiving, I think I am the only one at least half decent defender in my country using it. If you want to kill everyone with spin you should really try it, if you want to be more safe and return as much balls on the table as possible, then other rubbers are better. But if you have free money, go for it, at least for the fun of it :)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!