OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 23 Sep 2019, 06:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 21:34 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

tdltdl wrote:
Thanks for everyone's input. At this stage, I want to just pick one of the 3 Stiga pre-made bats ready to go due to convenience.

Any suggestions out of the 3 I listed which might be preferable ?

Many thanks

In my experience, the Stiga S1 and S2 rubbers are pretty useless, unless you want to just "shovel back" everything that comes your way and hope for the best. They are quite durable, so they are fine as toy bats for kids' garage/basement play. For "beginner to intermediate" players, even a 3 star (S3 rubber) Stiga premade will feel a bit limiting. As you say, convenience may play a role. If you don't mind paying twice the price (or more) for something half as good (or worse), just for the convenience of getting it in hand immediately, then go for the 3 star one. It lets you play all the strokes. It will last a long time, but don't plan on changing the rubbers. (Rubber is not glued with ordinary TT glue, so getting it off is more work than it's worth. Durability, as mentioned.)

If you also order one of the Sanwei bats with T88-I, when you get it you will notice a significant weight difference. This is mostly due to difference in rubbers. The sponge below the Stiga rubbers is very porous (mostly air) and absorbs energy so you get a lot of "control", while the Sanwei sponge contains more rubber and less air, which makes it more springy (and heavier).

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2019, 21:51 

Blade: DHS301
FH: Battle II
BH: AK47 Yellow
I can personally vouch for SANWEI M8 with T88 combo. A perfect setup for beginners starting out. Decent spin, good speed, and overall good controllability. The touch and feedback from the blade excellent.

I recommend this setup all the new players joining our club. However, in our last batch, I found the rubbers to be of slightly inferior quality. One of our players just happen to brush the bat on the table while playing and the rubber tore off. I expected slight damage but this thing just tore of from the middle.

But the good thing is T88 rubbers can be purchased individually and we generally keep a stock of them. Mind you the rubbers are difficult to pull of.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2019, 22:10 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
It turns out it's a Sanwei pre-made. It WAS on the Sanwei website but it seems to have been replaced by about 6-8 "Taiji Series" bats. The handle color is different from what you get with a M8. I ordered one, and to be honest, I can't tell the difference between it and the M8 - same thickness, about the same weight (there's a range, but the M8 is uncommonly light), the same speed and feel and the handle is identical aside from the colors.

Iskandar

I can somewhat understand when you said all rubbers feel the same to you. Now, all the blades are the same too?

Are you OK?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2019, 02:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Nope. Just the M8 (which you can buy separately) and the pre-made. I think they're exactly the same wood, just different handle colors. Same handle shape even. They don't just feel the same, they look the same and measure the same. Can't compare blade weights without pulling the rubbers off of course, and there'd be variation expected there anyhow.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2019, 12:39 

Blade: Donic Waldner Pre made ba
Iskandar,

What do you think about this?

Combo Racket: Palio Infinite-3 Blade
Palio CJ8000 (H36-38) Rubbers

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bWi3KoZ2

I'm more of a recreational player.. strong on forehand loop and drives. Improving on backhand abilities..

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2019, 12:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I don't know, I've never used one, but I can't see any reason as to why it wouldn't work.

This one, though, is quite a bit cheaper, and I HAVE used it, and I KNOW it's excellent. Also probably 5-10 grams lighter. AND it comes with a case.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SANWEI- ... 98984.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2019, 20:27 

Blade: Donic Waldner Pre made ba
Thank you. Placed an order. Got it for $19 AUD. Waiting for delivery now. |( |(

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 03:30 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Speaking of Sanwei pistol grip rackets - I finally came across where they sell the special rubber sheets:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 30720.html

Comes in sets of two. I'll bet they're some variant of T88.

I also found some premades (this is one of them):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ITTF-Ap ... 20274.html

According to EmRatThich, those rubbers must be highly boosted... look at all the pips poking through.. :lol: And note the magical blue sponge (which is why the red sheet's so dark..)..

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30