OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 23:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 00:15 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
TsukimotoMakoto wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
6 months can actually be a long time, IF you've been playing under the supervision of a coach at a club. 6 years in a rec room or basement playing with other "basement players" can be a very "short" time.. :lol:

Clipper blades (seven ply with a three ply core) tend to be pretty fast - not something I'd recommend to a beginner. A five-ply blade would be slower and more controllable. Stay away from Carbon or Arylate or Basalt or any of those fancy expensive blades with the rosewood or ebony faces. Mark V is OK, Hurricane 3 is pretty slow rubber and pretty controllable for beginners, despite the fact that top players use it as well. On the other hand one of those $5 Chinese rubbers mentioned earlier will work just as well.

Blade-wise - I recommend that Sanwei M8 blade I mentioned earlier. It turned out to be fantastic - I now have four of them. Very much along the lines of a Stiga Allround. I think you can spend less than $20 and have a very good combo, including shipping. Should last you for years.

Iskandar

Thank you very much Iskandar, also wanted to know your opinnion about the Yasaka Sweden Extra blade, I´ve read comments saying it was a great beginners blade, many of them said that pairing it with Yasaka Mark V´s was a great combination.
BTW do you know about any good Chopper settup?
Thanks for your time :)

Ooooh, I like your username :lol: Did you decide to try table tennis after watching that anime?

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 00:15 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
BH: Victas Spectol S1
TsukimotoMakoto wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
6 months can actually be a long time, IF you've been playing under the supervision of a coach at a club. 6 years in a rec room or basement playing with other "basement players" can be a very "short" time.. :lol:

Clipper blades (seven ply with a three ply core) tend to be pretty fast - not something I'd recommend to a beginner. A five-ply blade would be slower and more controllable. Stay away from Carbon or Arylate or Basalt or any of those fancy expensive blades with the rosewood or ebony faces. Mark V is OK, Hurricane 3 is pretty slow rubber and pretty controllable for beginners, despite the fact that top players use it as well. On the other hand one of those $5 Chinese rubbers mentioned earlier will work just as well.

Blade-wise - I recommend that Sanwei M8 blade I mentioned earlier. It turned out to be fantastic - I now have four of them. Very much along the lines of a Stiga Allround. I think you can spend less than $20 and have a very good combo, including shipping. Should last you for years.

Iskandar

Thank you very much Iskandar, also wanted to know your opinnion about the Yasaka Sweden Extra blade, I´ve read comments saying it was a great beginners blade, many of them said that pairing it with Yasaka Mark V´s was a great combination.
BTW do you know about any good Chopper settup?
Thanks for your time :)

Ooooh, I like your username :lol: Did you decide to try table tennis after watching that anime?

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 00:21 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I believe that the Yinhe V15 is their equivalent of the Butterfly Viscaria. Can't find any reviews which compare the two though. Would be interesting. Especially given the number of BTY variants on this theme.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 04:02 

pgpg wrote:
TT-Lover wrote:
I am an Intermediate player and playing table tennis for few years. My post is based on my experience with combination of flexy blades with tensors.

Unfortunately I don't know what to do with 'intermediate' - do you have a rating of some sort, league ranking etc. I'm not trying to be difficult here or discount your opinion - just want to understand your reference point.

Well, I play table tennis as hobby and I play in a club where regional and national players play. I am from Pakistan, table tennis is not that famous but those players are good but not as good as William Henzell.

We don't have a ranking system here so I can't tell where I stand and I don't participate in tournaments. I am playing TT for 7 or so years and in club and learned my strokes from professional players and of course I follow pingskills as well. I can execute counter, topspin, block, punch block, flicks from both sides. Have better forehand, more accuracy. working on my backhand to enhance accuracy.

Have used different equipment in the past, in woods I started with Stiga AR Classic thn YE, YEO, WSC (played for a month or so) and now this yinhe. Tried Chinese sticky rubber many years back, was not comfortable with so mainly used classic rubber. Switched to tensors on forehand few months back but still prefer more controlled rubbers on backhand.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 04:09 

darucla wrote:
I believe that the Yinhe V15 is their equivalent of the Butterfly Viscaria. Can't find any reviews which compare the two though. Would be interesting. Especially given the number of BTY variants on this theme.

I have never played with Viscaria or TBS (none of butterfly blade just tried a friends Gergely once) but V15 is a good blade. Excellent for blocking, very good opening loops, good power from mid distance. Fast but controllable, not bouncy good short game. I loved this blade and that's y I posted here. My first post here at ooak was many years ( 5 may b) back and I just wanted to share my experience with tensors on relatively stiff or medium stiff blade.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018, 06:24 

Blade: DDCS
FH: Yasaka Mark V Black 1.8
BH: TSP SSPC2 Red 1.3
Hi all,

Could you please clarify:
1. Is current topic the right place to ask questions of why specific rubber or group of rubbers is better to be avoided for beginner?
2. I mean, should I raise another topic in case I'd like to get know cons of using Antispin rubbers as a beginner?
Note: I have not found any discussions on that topic (using Anti as a beginner).

Thanks,

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018, 08:04 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Feel free to open a new topic.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018, 11:43 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yep, a new topic in the Anti spin section would be the best place. ;)

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 07:49 

Blade: DDCS
FH: Yasaka Mark V Black 1.8
BH: TSP SSPC2 Red 1.3
Thanks,
Opened new topic here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=33446&p=358513#p358513

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2018, 14:15 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
Hello to all,

Nice to see such a forum for table tennis, happy to be here. I need your advice about a bat I would like to build for DEF & ALL play. I has playing TT in a club in Greece for 4 years, when I was 12-16 years old but I had to stop it, and now, ~30 years after, I started it again as a sport. Back then, I was a DEF player so I would like to continue from this point. Rules, balls, bats, rubbers style of play etc where very different back then so as I am "newbie" again and I need your help to choose the right bat. I was an intermediate player at that time.

I have read a lot and I am thinking of this:
blade: Stiga Defensive NCT OR Donic Defplay Senso V3
def rubber: TSP Super Spinpips Chop 2, 1.4 - 1.7, [black] (BH)
all around rubber: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, 1.8 [red] (FH)

I don't want to spend a lot of money for the moment so ~100Euros (~120 USD) is the top for me at the moment just for the bat.

Also my nephew (11 years old) started with me the game, no previous experience, and I am thinking for him a bat like:
blade: Galaxy YINHE N9s
Rubbers: Galaxy YINHE 9000D (red) and Mercury II (black)

Are these combos any good? Do you have any recommendations? My only concern is that this DEF bat might be for more advanced players.

Thank you all in advance

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2018, 16:18 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If you want a recommendation try this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SANWEI- ... 74001.html

These are based on the Sanwei M8 blade (though it's actually a Sanwei premade I can't tell the difference between it and a M8) and Sanwei T88 rubbers. This is a medium-speed all-wood blade with light weight and excellent feel. The rubbers are as good as any other inexpensive Chinese tacky rubbers. The handle is a little on the small side for youth players (you can always use grip tape to make it fatter). Given the price, there's really nothing to lose (other than 3 weeks waiting time).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2018, 16:59 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
Thank you very much for your time!

iskandar taib wrote:
If you want a recommendation try this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SANWEI- ... 74001.html
Iskandar
Thank you! A pal also recommended this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Galaxy- ... 47299.html Is this N9s combo far (beside the price which is not a problem as both are in the budget) from your recommendation??

Also what about that DEF bat above, should I try it?

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 13:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

You mean this?

It should be superficially the same.. Don't know what the N9s weighs, the handle should be bigger. The M8 blades are quite light (75 grams or so). I just like the feel and weight of the M8, and I've tried a variety of the cheaper blades and a number of more expensive ones too.

Unless you want to play as a chopper I think you should avoid chopping blades in general. They're usually oversized and heavy, because they're meant to be used with a sheet of long pips on one side (which are much lighter than inverted rubber). The chopping blades people are often name-dropping on the forum ("VKMO", "Joo", Defence Mk. III etc.) are also QUITE expensive.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 19:27 
Super User

I recommend jumping on the Iskandar wagon and go with an M8. Please stay away from the N9s for beginners, its a very thick, stiff and fast blade better suited to someone more experienced. Not much to test the waters when you start with one of the fastest all wood right off the bat.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 01:53 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
iskandar taib wrote:
Unless you want to play as a chopper I think you should avoid chopping blades in general. They're usually oversized and heavy, because they're meant to be used with a sheet of long pips on one side (which are much lighter than inverted rubber). The chopping blades people are often name-dropping on the forum ("VKMO", "Joo", Defence Mk. III etc.) are also QUITE expensive.

Iskandar

He's considering Donic Defplay, which is neither heavy or expensive. Loops quite well too. Not a bad choice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next