OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2014, 17:49 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Hi there,

I think you're on the right track - the blades you suggest (mostly) are good solid allround blades - any of those would be fine for your first blade.

Rakza 7 is one of the most highly regarded rubbers out there at present, but I suspect it may be a little hard to control for a first rubber. However I've not used it.

I elected to use Hexer Powersponge in 1.7mm, and I've been very pleased with it.

As a recovering EJ, I'd say the most important thing to do is get the worry about equipment out of your system. Get something middle of the road both in terms of blades and rubbers, and work on technique.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2014, 19:04 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
dutzu wrote:
Hi guys,

I want to buy my first custom setup to help me improve my game. This will be my first setup so...i'm looking forward to it.

My game is pretty much defensive and spinny, but since I am in an early stage and haven't learned proper technique yet, this might not matter that much at this point.

The current gear I have my eye on and with which I really need help deciding on is: Yasaka Sweden Classic + Razka 7 + Razka 7 Soft (both 2.0)

But I was also also considering:
-Butterfly Primorac Off-
-Yasaka Silverline All Wood
-Nittaku Septear (would the hinoki help me as a beginner?)
-Xiom Acro or Aria Lite
-Stiga Allround Classic WRB

And also the rubbers? Perhaps Andro Hexer? Or Donic BlueFire M2/M3? Or Yasaka MarkV but which version :) Regular, M2, HPS, GPS, 30?

Thank you, any advice is very appreciated.

I bought a BTY primorac & was disappointed with it.
Stiga all round classic is a really nice beginner blade and can take faster rubbers as you progress. I would steer clear of the WRB since it's essentially a hollowed out handle and can affect the balance making it head heavy.
Rubbers - Mark V is nice - TT-japan have them for €16.95 steer clear of max and opt for the thinner ones. Go for the ordinary one - the classic Mark V. One that felt quite similar to it was the donic Vario and the stiga mendo energy. I would keep clear of tensor type rubbers.
On the xiom blades I got the diva and it was a very nice all+ blade.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2014, 00:27 
Super User

dutzu wrote:
Hi guys,

I want to buy my first custom setup to help me improve my game. This will be my first setup so...i'm looking forward to it.

My game is pretty much defensive and spinny, but since I am in an early stage and haven't learned proper technique yet, this might not matter that much at this point.

The current gear I have my eye on and with which I really need help deciding on is: Yasaka Sweden Classic + Razka 7 + Razka 7 Soft (both 2.0)
Sweden Classic fine. Or you can get Yasaka extra all+. Rakza too fast, advanced and expensive for first bat.

But I was also also considering:
-Butterfly Primorac Off-
-Yasaka Silverline All Wood
-Nittaku Septear (would the hinoki help me as a beginner?)
-Xiom Acro or Aria Lite
-Stiga Allround Classic WRB
Do not go too fast for now.
Stiga allround classic is fine.

And also the rubbers? Perhaps Andro Hexer? Or Donic BlueFire M2/M3? Or Yasaka MarkV but which version :) Regular, M2, HPS, GPS, 30?
Mainly fast advanced rubbers. Only Mark V for first bat.
Thank you, any advice is very appreciated.

Get Mark V 1.8 mm or Friendship Cream transcend 1.8 mm if you want cheaper Chinese rubber.
It is better to start cheap until you became aware of what you really want.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2014, 15:48 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Firstly I can understand if you want to get something high quality as it can take all doubt away whether its you or the equipment contributing to mistakes, though 99% of the time it will be you. For some reason ALL and ALL+ blades are cheaper than OFF and OFF+ blades but does not mean the quality of the ALL is lower or that the OFF is 'better'. Similar with the rubbers. I've been playing for some time and found that a 1.8mm all-around rubber is really quite good and does everything I need.

Last night I had a go at an OFF+ bat with Andro Hexer and I found myself having to hold back on shots for fear of hitting them long, soon enough I found myself jabbing and poking at the ball rather than doing a proper stroke. ALL bats or 'Slow' bats are not really slow at club level, just not fast uncontrollable rockets. You'll keep more shots on the table and be able to go for your shots more which is heaps more fun that poking around with the odd good shot.

On this basis, I'd go for Mark V 1.8mm (top quality classic rubber) on a Yasaka Sweden Classic or Stiga Allround Classic and you'll have a top of the range allround bat. Donic Allplays are worth a look too.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2014, 18:29 

I've been using Stiga velocity-premade bat for couple of months when I started playing TT, but now it's quite old. I'm looking for custom bat now. My playstyle is quite agressive looping, and my backhand is very strong. I also prefer spinny serves. Velocity has this stiga's wrb system, which seems to make my blade more light. The bat has 2.0mm rubbers, so that's what I prefer. I'm looking for little bit light blade, with spinny and pretty fast rubbers, while still maintaining some control.

I'm thinking of:
Stiga Offensive Classic-blade
Yasaka Mark V 2.0mm for FH
Stiga Magna TC II 2.0mm for BH

what do you think of this setup? Do you recommend something else for me? I'd like to hear your opinions :)

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2014, 02:17 
Super User

Stiga OC is just fine.
Or you can get Yasaka extra (even better).
I suggest two same rubbers to avoid complications for now (it is your first custom paddle).
So Yasaka Mark V on backhand and forehand (1.8 or 2.0 sponge).
That is nice do it all racket for controllable attacking game.
Or you can go Chinese for 3 x less money...

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2014, 03:22 

Thanks for fast answer! :) Yeah, same rubbers both side would be ideal.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 06:28 

Which of these blades for a beginner looking to be a modern defender?

- Stiga Allround
- Donic Appelgren Allplay
- Butterfly Primorac
- Butterfly Joo Saehyuk
- Koji Victas Matsushita
- Andro Temper Tech All+

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 10:22 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
Phaseshift wrote:
Which of these blades for a beginner looking to be a modern defender?

- Stiga Allround
- Donic Appelgren Allplay
- Butterfly Primorac
- Butterfly Joo Saehyuk
- Koji Victas Matsushita
- Andro Temper Tech All+

Donic Appelgren Allplay - This blade is a really good all rounder blade - weights vary a lot from 82-95 grams but typically average around 85-87 grams.

Stiga classic all round is possibly a better blade to develop your strokes with since it has a bit more flex than the Donic. Stiga all round classic didn't work personally for me with a LP but I have very limited experience with pips. They tend to be between 80-85 grams.

Primorac I didn't think much off but a premier / div 1 level club mate has one of the older versions and wouldn't part with it.

Joo Saehyuk can be a heavy blade ( > 100 grams) which is compensated by having OX LP on the BH which is too soon for a beginner.

Don't know anything about the other 2.

In relation to rubbers - adidas have the Syntec discounted at the moment and could be preferable to a Chinese euro type rubber. it's a step up from a classic rubber. Opt for a thinner one.
http://www.tabletennis-sport.com/en/rub ... -1394.html

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 23:35 

Hey all, new user here. Fairly new to TT and I was about to just order a pre-made bat last night when I happened upon this forum. I was thinking of spending $30-40 on a Donic Waldner 700 but now it looks like I can get a decent custom bat for the same price. I'm not entirely sure on my playing style just yet but I feel like I spin my serves quite a bit and otherwise play fairly defensively. In my head I was thinking I'd like a bat that has decent control and spin with speed being not so much of a concern. More than anything I can't afford to spend any more than $40 so hopefully we can come up with something. The other thing that would be nice is if I could come up with a combo that's available from Paddle Palace as I have a friend who is going to be ordering from there and I can just 'piggyback' on his order to get free shipping.
I've been considering:

LKT Instinct or Instinct+ blade and I'm not sure on what the difference is between the two

Cream Transcend Sponge
LKT Pro XP
LKT Pro XT
Probably a 1.8mm or 2.0mm rubber unless you all think I'd be better off doing something different.

Any opinions on the above set up? Any other options you would suggest to me?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 05:48 
Super User

averse wrote:
Hey all, new user here. Fairly new to TT and I was about to just order a pre-made bat last night when I happened upon this forum. I was thinking of spending $30-40 on a Donic Waldner 700 but now it looks like I can get a decent custom bat for the same price.
Stop for the love of good. ;)
I'm not entirely sure on my playing style just yet but I feel like I spin my serves quite a bit and otherwise play fairly defensively.
Start neutral. It is best for now.
In my head I was thinking I'd like a bat that has decent control and spin with speed being not so much of a concern. More than anything I can't afford to spend any more than $40 so hopefully we can come up with something. The other thing that would be nice is if I could come up with a combo that's available from Paddle Palace as I have a friend who is going to be ordering from there and I can just 'piggyback' on his order to get free shipping.
Or you can try Eacheng - reliable and cheaper than PP.
I've been considering:
LKT Instinct or Instinct+ blade and I'm not sure on what the difference is between the two
Instinct+ is a bit faster.
Cream Transcend Sponge
LKT Pro XP
LKT Pro XT
Probably a 1.8mm or 2.0mm rubber unless you all think I'd be better off doing something different.
All fine choices, 1.8 for faster blade, 2.0 on slower. Fine thickness, not too much difference between the two.
Any opinions on the above set up? Any other options you would suggest to me?

Instinct+ with any of those rubber would be fine. Friendship rubbers are really durable.
If you want even more spin get Friendship Super FX (spin, control, not fast, durable, cheap).
You can invest in a better blade that can be platform for you future setups (def, all or off). Yasaka extra all+ is such a blade.
Instinct+ with two Friendship Super FX (1.8mm) + shipping is about 30 $ on Eacheng.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 07:47 

Thanks for the reply. I was also considering the Dawei 2008xp rubbers. Any thoughts on those?

Also, I don't see any Yasaka blades available on Eacheng? Am I looking wrong? That site does seem to have very good prices.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 08:01 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
The Dawei 2008xp is a great rubber but a bit heavy.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 08:08 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

averse wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I was also considering the Dawei 2008xp rubbers. Any thoughts on those?

Also, I don't see any Yasaka blades available on Eacheng? Am I looking wrong? That site does seem to have very good prices.

You won't find Yasaka blades on Eacheng, I suppose. They deal mainly in Chinese brands, but also have some Stiga blades. Also, the cheapest bat you can get with regular rubbers on PaddlePalace is around $47. Some Tibhar blade with DHS PF4 rubbers.

The Dawei rubber is nice too, a bit heavier and with less bounce and better control than the LKT pro rubbers. I prefer LKT.

The preset combos are sometimes cheaper than buying parts separately, and you get your racket glued up and ready to play. http://eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3834 and http://eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3656 are pretty close to what you envisioned. You'll be fine with either. I guess shipping will be around $8-$10, and there may be additional customs/VAT fees to pay.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 18:04 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon + Palio Hidden Dragon Biotech Upgrade * 2 or + Donic Akkadi L2.

Looking for this or something similar for Allrounder setup, cause for some reason they reside “in the middle” on my data.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next