OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 23:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 00:15 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Red Max
BH: TSP SSPC2 Black 1.9mm
TsukimotoMakoto wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
6 months can actually be a long time, IF you've been playing under the supervision of a coach at a club. 6 years in a rec room or basement playing with other "basement players" can be a very "short" time.. :lol:

Clipper blades (seven ply with a three ply core) tend to be pretty fast - not something I'd recommend to a beginner. A five-ply blade would be slower and more controllable. Stay away from Carbon or Arylate or Basalt or any of those fancy expensive blades with the rosewood or ebony faces. Mark V is OK, Hurricane 3 is pretty slow rubber and pretty controllable for beginners, despite the fact that top players use it as well. On the other hand one of those $5 Chinese rubbers mentioned earlier will work just as well.

Blade-wise - I recommend that Sanwei M8 blade I mentioned earlier. It turned out to be fantastic - I now have four of them. Very much along the lines of a Stiga Allround. I think you can spend less than $20 and have a very good combo, including shipping. Should last you for years.

Iskandar

Thank you very much Iskandar, also wanted to know your opinnion about the Yasaka Sweden Extra blade, I´ve read comments saying it was a great beginners blade, many of them said that pairing it with Yasaka Mark V´s was a great combination.
BTW do you know about any good Chopper settup?
Thanks for your time :)

Ooooh, I like your username :lol: Did you decide to try table tennis after watching that anime?

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 00:15 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Red Max
BH: TSP SSPC2 Black 1.9mm
TsukimotoMakoto wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
6 months can actually be a long time, IF you've been playing under the supervision of a coach at a club. 6 years in a rec room or basement playing with other "basement players" can be a very "short" time.. :lol:

Clipper blades (seven ply with a three ply core) tend to be pretty fast - not something I'd recommend to a beginner. A five-ply blade would be slower and more controllable. Stay away from Carbon or Arylate or Basalt or any of those fancy expensive blades with the rosewood or ebony faces. Mark V is OK, Hurricane 3 is pretty slow rubber and pretty controllable for beginners, despite the fact that top players use it as well. On the other hand one of those $5 Chinese rubbers mentioned earlier will work just as well.

Blade-wise - I recommend that Sanwei M8 blade I mentioned earlier. It turned out to be fantastic - I now have four of them. Very much along the lines of a Stiga Allround. I think you can spend less than $20 and have a very good combo, including shipping. Should last you for years.

Iskandar

Thank you very much Iskandar, also wanted to know your opinnion about the Yasaka Sweden Extra blade, I´ve read comments saying it was a great beginners blade, many of them said that pairing it with Yasaka Mark V´s was a great combination.
BTW do you know about any good Chopper settup?
Thanks for your time :)

Ooooh, I like your username :lol: Did you decide to try table tennis after watching that anime?

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 00:21 
Super User

Blade: Hurricane Long 3
FH: DHS Hurricane 8
BH: Tibhar MX-P
I believe that the Yinhe V15 is their equivalent of the Butterfly Viscaria. Can't find any reviews which compare the two though. Would be interesting. Especially given the number of BTY variants on this theme.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 04:02 

pgpg wrote:
TT-Lover wrote:
I am an Intermediate player and playing table tennis for few years. My post is based on my experience with combination of flexy blades with tensors.

Unfortunately I don't know what to do with 'intermediate' - do you have a rating of some sort, league ranking etc. I'm not trying to be difficult here or discount your opinion - just want to understand your reference point.

Well, I play table tennis as hobby and I play in a club where regional and national players play. I am from Pakistan, table tennis is not that famous but those players are good but not as good as William Henzell.

We don't have a ranking system here so I can't tell where I stand and I don't participate in tournaments. I am playing TT for 7 or so years and in club and learned my strokes from professional players and of course I follow pingskills as well. I can execute counter, topspin, block, punch block, flicks from both sides. Have better forehand, more accuracy. working on my backhand to enhance accuracy.

Have used different equipment in the past, in woods I started with Stiga AR Classic thn YE, YEO, WSC (played for a month or so) and now this yinhe. Tried Chinese sticky rubber many years back, was not comfortable with so mainly used classic rubber. Switched to tensors on forehand few months back but still prefer more controlled rubbers on backhand.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 04:09 

darucla wrote:
I believe that the Yinhe V15 is their equivalent of the Butterfly Viscaria. Can't find any reviews which compare the two though. Would be interesting. Especially given the number of BTY variants on this theme.

I have never played with Viscaria or TBS (none of butterfly blade just tried a friends Gergely once) but V15 is a good blade. Excellent for blocking, very good opening loops, good power from mid distance. Fast but controllable, not bouncy good short game. I loved this blade and that's y I posted here. My first post here at ooak was many years ( 5 may b) back and I just wanted to share my experience with tensors on relatively stiff or medium stiff blade.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!