OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2019, 11:31 

Hi my current setup is HRT Clipper with Dawei 388D-1 ox BH and GoldArc 8 Max FH. My game is mostly chopping with long pips and offensive looping with FH. My USATT rating is ~1700. I am looking for a blade that can make my setup a bit faster and spinnier on FH and increase deception on BH. Any suggestions. Looking for any blades less than 50 bucks.
Thanks.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2019, 15:43 
Super User

pacificspice wrote:
Hi my current setup is HRT Clipper with Dawei 388D-1 ox BH and GoldArc 8 Max FH. My game is mostly chopping with long pips and offensive looping with FH. My USATT rating is ~1700. I am looking for a blade that can make my setup a bit faster and spinnier on FH and increase deception on BH. Any suggestions. Looking for any blades less than 50 bucks.
Thanks.

I've played, separately, with all, the Huaruite Clipper, DHS GoldArc 8, and Dawei 388D-1 (OX)..

If I remember correctly, the HRT Clipper I tried, was paired with a Chinese tacky rubber. Okay, it's not the fastest blade around, but it certainly has enough juice, to make your attacks effective .. I'd say it's a proper OFF blade..

The Goldarc 8, is a proper ESN tensor, and in terms of both, spin and speed, is up there with the Tenergys, Evolutions, Rasanters etc.. It's not tacky, but has more than decent grip... I could produce a good deal of top-spin, on loops, as well as backspin, on pushes..

I'm playing with the 388D-1 on a stiff, fast'ish blade, and although, it's nothing spectacular, its does a decent job, of producing reversal, and spin ... The deception, it'd say is fair, and it's certainly not slow, probably due to the blade I've paired it with .. Shouldn't be too different for you, either..

I'm quite surprised that you find your current setup, lacking in speed and spin ..

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 04:17 

With the ox the weight of this blade is very light compared to a setup with 2 inverted rubbers I wonder if I feel its slow because of the weight. However I did observe that some of the other club players I have played are able to generate more spin and speed than my blade on the inverted side. Also hear a lot about balsa blades being used by a lot of pips players so wanted to check what's out there and if I needed an upgrade.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 04:58 
Super User

pacificspice wrote:
With the ox the weight of this blade is very light compared to a setup with 2 inverted rubbers I wonder if I feel its slow because of the weight. However I did observe that some of the other club players I have played are able to generate more spin and speed than my blade on the inverted side. Also hear a lot about balsa blades being used by a lot of pips players so wanted to check what's out there and if I needed an upgrade.

There'll always be something better that what you own .. :lol: thought, I feel that you current setup has decent capability in the speed and spin department ..

About Balsa blades - Like any other type of blade, it has it's pros and cons .. People either love Balsa, or hate it .. Unless you're EJing, I'd recommend that you pick a setup that suits your style of play, rather picking a setup, and then adapting to it ..