OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2013, 15:45 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
carbonman wrote:
2 blades is close to being too many. 3 blades definitely IS too many! :)

Not if they are all the same and slowly getting damage from table hits you do frequently as a blocker :P :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2013, 15:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I'm still trying to figure that out..

Attachments:
IMAG0243-001.jpg
IMAG0243-001.jpg [ 58.53 KiB | Viewed 557 times ]

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2013, 15:54 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I think you still need a third row there Nathanso! :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2013, 16:31 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

All BBC blades?. Do you every BBC blades that's ever been made?. Lol I don't even have one.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 16:26 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
After several weeks of using the Donic Appelgren Allplay, I don't think I'm 100% satisfied. Happy with the blade feel, speed etc but the handle doesn't feel quite right. It feels a bit narrow, not sure, but either way I'm considering getting the anatomic Waldner Allplay.

Just wondering what rubbers you thing would be good on this for me being an offensive player and trying to develop a looping 3rd ball attack. Here's some I've thought:
Focus III snipe
Milky Way Mars II 34, 35 or 36 degree
Palio CJ 8000 36 degree
729 FX super soft
LKT XP Pro

Probably going to try get 2.0mm unless you think go max. I'm going to try both sets of rubbers on both the appelgren and the waldner ie current venus 2.0mm and the new ones I get.

I know there are plenty of other options but I'm trying to keep the cost down as which ever set-up I decide not to go with I'll end up selling and hopefully get close to what I've paid .

If anyone has some handle dimensions of the Waldner or even the straight or anatomic versions of the Appelgren allplay I'd really appreciate it.

The Appelgren is roughly 22mm in width and the flare goes from 28mm where the handle meets the neck to 30mm about 1cm above the bottom, which is where my fingers sit.

My Sunflex is roughly 23mm in width and the anatomic is roughly 28mm at the neck, 30mm in the middle, where my palm sits and back to 28mm about 1cm from the bottom.

In summary the Sunflex that I find comfortable is slightly thicker width but also thicker in the middle of the blade when may hand sits so perhaps this suggests that Anatomic is what I need.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 16:58 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Try and get a feel of some ST handles if you can. For players who are strong on backhand strokes they are usually the handle to use. Anatomic are hard to get and restrict the blades movement from bh to fh even worse than a flare. In saying that the Stiga Anatomic is pretty sizable and I'm sure you would like the Stiga handle. But its going to cost you a bit in play.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 18:58 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Read about the Waldner ST and seems a bit thin, not sure.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 19:34 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I bought two blades. The thinking was that while I am learning the art of LP, it makes sense to be able to keep one bat as the "primary" bat, for match play, and experiment on the "secondary" bat, possibly promoting findings to the primary.

I'm about to make my first change on the secondary bat (which is double inverted) and replace the Geopsin Tacky with Milky Way 959 OX. This give me a chance to try OX pips. If I play well on that combo, I might promote it to the primary, and then experiment on the secondary.

This all seems fairly reasonable, although I think it might have been wiser to stick with the same blade, and change only the rubbers. With that in mind I'm tempted to by another blade of the same sort, for spares and experiment purposes. Then of course I'll start thinking about other combinations.... the EJ path is easy to get onto.

My final concern is I have desired since I first saw it the JUIC Euro Chopper. I like the way it looks, I like the idea of a heavy, over-sized blade. It may not suit me at all, but I wants it precious. Beyond that I don't think I am that fussed - I could get a cos3 instead of a defence plus, just because it's very similar, and not blue, so better for ox red pips. I'm fractionally interested in the TSP 2.5, but not greatly.

Sorry - a ramble - did I have a point? :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 19:42 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I'm suspicious most of the Donic blades will have thin handles other than the new ones that came out this year (the exclusive ones).

I really don't think you are going to find anything noticeably better than your allplay as far as how capable the blade is. I think you can improve on the rubbers. And you can probably find a handle you like better, won't be easy finding the perfect handle on the perfect blade unless you do it yourself.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 21:16 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

foam wrote:
I'm suspicious most of the Donic blades will have thin handles other than the new ones that came out this year (the exclusive ones).

I really don't think you are going to find anything noticeably better than your allplay as far as how capable the blade is. I think you can improve on the rubbers. And you can probably find a handle you like better, won't be easy finding the perfect handle on the perfect blade unless you do it yourself.

Thats all I'm after, I like the blade but think I would like to improve on the handle. The other issues is that I'm a bit limited to time I can play weekly so my TT fix seems to come from looking at equipment and videos.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 21:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
LordCope wrote:
I bought two blades. The thinking was that while I am learning the art of LP, it makes sense to be able to keep one bat as the "primary" bat, for match play, and experiment on the "secondary" bat, possibly promoting findings to the primary.

I'm about to make my first change on the secondary bat (which is double inverted) and replace the Geopsin Tacky with Milky Way 959 OX. This give me a chance to try OX pips. If I play well on that combo, I might promote it to the primary, and then experiment on the secondary.

This all seems fairly reasonable, although I think it might have been wiser to stick with the same blade, and change only the rubbers. With that in mind I'm tempted to by another blade of the same sort, for spares and experiment purposes. Then of course I'll start thinking about other combinations.... the EJ path is easy to get onto.

My final concern is I have desired since I first saw it the JUIC Euro Chopper. I like the way it looks, I like the idea of a heavy, over-sized blade. It may not suit me at all, but I wants it precious. Beyond that I don't think I am that fussed - I could get a cos3 instead of a defence plus, just because it's very similar, and not blue, so better for ox red pips. I'm fractionally interested in the TSP 2.5, but not greatly.

Sorry - a ramble - did I have a point? :lol:

I like your idea of buying 2 blades. Unless you go custom, there is so much variation it probably is best to get 2 blades if you think this may be your primary blade. THere MAY be less variation in a single lot. I have seen lots of variation in good blades bought a year or so apart.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 22:06 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Cobalt wrote:
Thats all I'm after, I like the blade but think I would like to improve on the handle. The other issues is that I'm a bit limited to time I can play weekly so my TT fix seems to come from looking at equipment and videos.

I'm hearing you, between not being able to play much and not being well its my TT fix too :). Unfortunately I'm so close to perfecting my defenders setup, I'm running out of ideas.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 22:14 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

foam wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

I'm hearing you, between not being able to play much and not being well its my TT fix too :). Unfortunately I'm so close to perfecting my defenders setup, I'm running out of ideas.

Then you'll just have to change your style again.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 22:17 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I really don't want to be a push blocker :p

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2014, 21:13 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

foam wrote:
The Sweden classic and waldner allplay are made of the same or almost the same plies as your allplay and made in the same factory by the same people so I don't think there's much point in those. The Chinese blades wont be up to it for sure. I've tried a few of the Palio blades and they aren't anything worth buying when you have the allplay, same with the N11. The only Stiga blade I'd buy if I was to collect one and I was you would be the Stiga allround evolution or Stiga allround NCT, maybe both. You can have a hit of the allround classic I have if you want, I think it'll be too close to what you have to be worth buying. I can give you a hit of my osp expert, the problem is, it'll ruin you.

Anyone know what the straight handles are like on Stiga bats. I know the Donic Waldner Allplay is a bit thin, just wondering what these ones are like.