OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2014, 12:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
On AliExpress (via an Eacheng):

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 15238.html

Iskandar

Here you can get the XSF ITTF approve balls, about the same price, Canadian company.

http://www.pingpongdepot.com/jomvirtue/ ... &Itemid=64

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 02:14 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ranger-man wrote:
So please fill me in, are the older balls being phased out eventually, or have already been phased out? Man, I got TONS of those lying around! All 3*. :(

haggisv wrote:
The celluloid balls will remain legal, so no need to throw them out. Every competition can choose which ball they use, so some dome prefer the celluloid (also cheaper), they can continue using them.

I think a more pertinent question (if you have a strong dislike for the plastic ball, or if you want to continue using the celluloid balls into the indefinite future) is whether the factories have STOPPED making celluloid balls. In which case you should grab two or three gross while they're still available. I know there are people out there who wished they had bought two or three gross of the 38mm balls when they had the chance... They could, even if they didn't want to use them themselves, sell them for a fortune on ebay... ;)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014, 20:09 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

My ttnpp order FINALLY arrived today (ordered it September 20th). In it were two half-dozen Xushaofa seamless balls - some of the older 3 star and some 1 star:

I don't see any date codes on either of them. I think the 1 stars might be later production, but don't have any way to tell. Why did I get the older 3 star balls? I wanted the nifty cardboard tube. And is it not nifty?

They've got some really amusing hype on the packaging.

"More durable, one piece can be used as two." (Whatever do they mean?? :lol: )

"More better ball-feeling, make more people to be a top player."

"Break 120 years of history." (Has the celluloid ball been around since 1894? I thought back then Ping Pong, er, Whiff-whaff was played with cork balls or something similar, though celluloid HAD been invented and was used in such things as exploding billiard balls and combustible shirt collars.)

"Higher bounce, more regular bounce, less mistakes."

"More rallies, more enjoyable."

And there's a photo of a seamed ball on the box - except seamed balls haven't looked like this for a long time - I haven't seen those old Champion balls I used as a kid for some years now, those actually had a SEAM.

The balls themselves - they LOOK very nice - and when I drop them onto a table with my usual Double Fish 1 star balls, they bounce exactly the same height. And then the two balls collided, and I have to go chase them across the room in opposite directions... (happened all three times I did the experiment). Price wise - $2 for 6 balls equals 33 cents a ball, slightly more than the 25 cents I've been paying for the Double Fish.

I'll probably get a chance to hit with them tomorrow.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 09:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I wish they had kept the card board tube. Those balls may actually play pretty similar to the more recent ITTF-approved XSF. It depends on when they were made. I played with a couple that were like the recent ones, but somebody also had some that sounded broken and played like the IPong training balls, and my guess is that they were a much earlier production run. Unfortunately the ones that are not ITTF approved don't have a date code stamped on the box.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 12:24 

iskandar taib wrote:
My ttnpp order FINALLY arrived today (ordered it September 20th). In it were two half-dozen Xushaofa seamless balls - some of the older 3 star and some 1 star:

I don't see any date codes on either of them. I think the 1 stars might be later production, but don't have any way to tell. Why did I get the older 3 star balls? I wanted the nifty cardboard tube. And is it not nifty?

They've got some really amusing hype on the packaging.

"More durable, one piece can be used as two." (Whatever do they mean?? :lol: )

"More better ball-feeling, make more people to be a top player."

"Break 120 years of history." (Has the celluloid ball been around since 1894? I thought back then Ping Pong, er, Whiff-whaff was played with cork balls or something similar, though celluloid HAD been invented and was used in such things as exploding billiard balls and combustible shirt collars.)

"Higher bounce, more regular bounce, less mistakes."

"More rallies, more enjoyable."

And there's a photo of a seamed ball on the box - except seamed balls haven't looked like this for a long time - I haven't seen those old Champion balls I used as a kid for some years now, those actually had a SEAM.

The balls themselves - they LOOK very nice - and when I drop them onto a table with my usual Double Fish 1 star balls, they bounce exactly the same height. And then the two balls collided, and I have to go chase them across the room in opposite directions... (happened all three times I did the experiment). Price wise - $2 for 6 balls equals 33 cents a ball, slightly more than the 25 cents I've been paying for the Double Fish.

I'll probably get a chance to hit with them tomorrow.

Iskandar

That's embarrassing :sweat: :sweat: I have to admit that the translation is crappy. We won't let that happen again :) By the way, yours are the older packaging. Check out the new ones:
Attachment:
PIC_0127.JPG
PIC_0127.JPG [ 195.54 KiB | Viewed 1051 times ]

Attachment:
PIC_0132.JPG
PIC_0132.JPG [ 196.33 KiB | Viewed 1051 times ]

Attachment:
PIC_0136.JPG
PIC_0136.JPG [ 193.8 KiB | Viewed 1051 times ]

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 20:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

COOL!!! Someone from XSF!!!! Umm... if you want to make us (me) REALLY happy... BRING BACK THE TUBE!!!! Those are nice. I figure if Badminton players can get their shuttlecocks in nice cardboard tubes...

(Or.. is there any way I can buy a half dozen empty tubes cheap??)

Anythow.. I got a chance to hit with the one star balls. NICE. They bounce just as well as the 1 star celluloid Double Fish balls I'm using (these are really good balls, and are really cheap). The larger size does mean the flight's slightly different, and they have that pronounced sideways bounce if you put sidespin on the ball, as others have reported. I don't see any problem switching to these. I'll try the three star balls next.

Anyhow.. I was wrong about those old Champion balls with the SEAM. They still make them, albeit in a 40mm orange version. I forgot I'd bought these just a couple months back:

You'll notice the thai printing - these came from a Tesco Lotus in Chiangmai. Forget what I paid, I doubt it was more than 100 baht, probably quite a bit less.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 05:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ssandy, you are from XSF?? Cool. I have been saying good things about your ball all over forums (overcoming marked skepticism I should add). You should send me a bunch for free.

Also, the tube was a great package.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 05:21 
Super User

Hi sssaandy,

in the picture you posted I read "poly material".

What is it exactly?

Last edited by Smartguy on 01 Nov 2014, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 07:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

YIN-HE SEAMLESS BALLS WILL FAVOUR THE DEFENDERS (because of the better bounce)

China Sports magazine has now came out with an article about a practical study of the three types of the balls now in general use in China.. The study proved to all evidence that the seamless plastic monosphere is the best BOUNCY ball., and therefore it is playing to the defender's hand best of all.

I have to fully agree with the article as to the seamless better elasticity.. Our domestic senior celebrity, whose play takes a lot after Shiono synthetic defensive play, did prefer YIN-HE seamless to DHS seamed, after he found Yinhe is a ball easier to slap dowm.
[blockquote]

[*] 在2012年中,本刊有幸获得了第一批无缝乒乓球的样
品,并在接下来的时间里不断进行跟进报道,从接触过的多次
不同的新球样品试打反馈来看,运动员都感觉新球的弹跳以及
弧线轨迹与还原和赛璐璐乒乓区域有所不同,在弹跳实验中,
我们以大家最常见的七层纯木底板为例进行多次弹跳实验。
以固定高度球自然落体下降之球拍重心回弹的高度为例)
赛璐璐乒乓球:300px
新材料有缝乒乓球:287.5px
新材料无缝球:362.5px
从弹跳实验的结果来看,回弹能力最强的是新材料无缝乒乓
球,其次是赛璐璐乒乓球,弹性最小的是新材料有缝乒乓球,
正如厂商工程师的分析,无缝乒乓球因为没有接缝,所以也更
均匀,在受力过程中的能量损失也更小,所以也能产生更强的
回弹,同时在微观上,新材料有缝乒乓球因为体积增大,所以
弹跳的高度也收到一定的影响,不如赛璐璐乒乓球回弹能力

[/blockquote]

OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

China Sports magazine has now came out with an article about a practical study of the three types of the balls now in general use in China.. The study proved to all evidence that the seamless plastic monosphere is the best BOUNCY ball., and therefore it is playing to the defender's hand best of all.

I have to fully agree with the article as to the seamless better elasticity.. Our domestic senior celebrity, whose play takes a lot after Shiono synthetic defensive play, did prefer YIN-HE seamless to DHS seamed, after he found Yinhe is a ball easier to slap dowm.
[blockquote]

[/blockquote]

OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

[blockquote]

[/blockquote]

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 00:21 

Has anybody made a comparision between Yinhe, Palio and XuShaoFa 3* ITTF approved balls (all made by XSF factory)? Is there any difference (except branding :) ) in quality, hardness, bounciness etc?

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 12:45 

iskandar taib wrote:
COOL!!! Someone from XSF!!!! Umm... if you want to make us (me) REALLY happy... BRING BACK THE TUBE!!!! Those are nice. I figure if Badminton players can get their shuttlecocks in nice cardboard tubes...

(Or.. is there any way I can buy a half dozen empty tubes cheap??)

Iskandar

:D :D :D Thank you for liking our tube packaging. Your opinion is appreciated. We may go back to the tube in the future.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 12:56 

Baal wrote:
ssandy, you are from XSF?? Cool. I have been saying good things about your ball all over forums (overcoming marked skepticism I should add). You should send me a bunch for free.

Yes, I know you have generously speak highly of xsf and Yinhe seamless balls. Thank you sooooooo much!!!!
if you guys can do a video test or other tests of seamless balls and give us some helpful advice on improving seamless balls, we'd happy to send you some balls.
By the way, you mentioned that Nittaku Premium 40+ is better than xsf 40+, could you explain in detail?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2014, 02:24 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

sssandy wrote:
Baal wrote:

Yes, I know you have generously speak highly of xsf and Yinhe seamless balls. Thank you sooooooo much!!!!
if you guys can do a video test or other tests of seamless balls and give us some helpful advice on improving seamless balls, we'd happy to send you some balls.
By the way, you mentioned that Nittaku Premium 40+ is better than xsf 40+, could you explain in detail?

The reason I think Nittaku Premium 40+ is better than XSF from the playing perspective is (1) its bounce height is even closer to celluloid that XSF. XSF in my opinion is much better than seamless Chinese balls but actually bounces slightly higher than celluloid, whereas Nittaku Premium is almost exactly the same. Both are good, but Nittaku is better. (2) Nittaku feels a little harder when you play with it, but I am not exactly sure that is what is exactly the difference (because if it was, I suspect it would have low bounce like the Chinese seamed balls). It may simply be that it is slightly smaller in diameter. Without question it is lighter, this I can attest to with pretty hard numbers if you want. In any case, the playing feel is more like the celluloid ball, so much so that if I was preparing for a tournament that would use the Nittaku Premium Japan plastic ball, which is hard to find, I would simply train with celluloid balls. The Nittaku Premium seems to be just a bit spinnier and its trajectory is more like celluloid, but as with XSF it is slightly slower than celluloid but still closer to it. So from a purely playing characteristic, most of the people at my club prefer the Nittaku Premium to XSF, but, importantly, everyone is happy with either one. Now there is a few ways that XSF is better than the Nittaku Premium. First is its durability. There is no doubt in my mind that XSF is more durable. You can see that after an hour play. The Nittaku surface gets more imperfections and mars, whereas the XSF still looks like new. This continues for a long time. XSF is an almost indestructible ball, better than celluloid in that respect, whereas Nittaku Premium 40+ wears very much like a Nittaku Premium celluloid. And keep in mind that durability was never the best thing about Nittaku celluloid balls, their surface would get shiny quickly and they were less durable than Butterfly or DHS balls. I always like them best when they were new, but not once they got worn. The second is price. XSF is cheaper. The third and most important at the moment is availability!!!! Right now you can actually buy a XSF ball! But the Nittaku Premium Japan is back ordered everywhere. Unless you were lucky enough as I was to place an order several months ago and then receive a few in mid-October, you simply cannot get the new Nittaku ball. And bear in mind that the Nittaku SHA 40+ is made in China, is a different ball, and in my opinion is terrible.

I think it will be very important for XSF to make some manufacturing arrangements with some of the other large established companies. It is unfortunate that most are selling DHS-made balls in my opinion, because at least the ones we have seen here are a markedly inferior product in terms of bounce, playability, and durability.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next