OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: XSF Club Ball
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2015, 20:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Personally, I have 200 Double Fish 1 stars myself, so I'm unlikely to get a large number of any other sort of ball for a while.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2015, 22:44 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
iskandar taib wrote:
Personally, I have 200 Double Fish 1 stars myself, so I'm unlikely to get a large number of any other sort of ball for a while.. :lol:

Iskandar

I think if the XSF seamless ball comes to dominate, the difference between celluloid and plastic will be less meaningful. My opinion of course.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 15:44 

Baal wrote:
I very much like the ITTF approved XSF balls and was one of their earliest and probably loudest advocate. I still recommend them without any hesitation. I think the case could be made that I have made an impact on getting people to at least try them. I still think it is the best ball on the market today.

BUT........

There a couple of things XSF are doing which make no sense and could put people off and are probably a mistake on their part.

1. Recent dramatic price increase.
2. Way too many labels for different grades of balls, which spreads confusion. This is true even for the approved balls. Why were there multiple labels and names?
3. This leads to people confusing the bad balls for the good ones, which harms the brand's reputation. Next Level knows a lot about these balls, he has also been a big advocate, and we are both somewhat confused.

XSF got off to a bad start because the original seamless prototype balls weren't good. Because of that, there has been a big barrier to overcome. It is probably a big mistake to sell anything that might remind people of that.

ssandy? Are you there? Listen to me on this. This is not good for your brand. The ball is good -- well at least the approved ones -- but I worry about the business decisions.

I'm coming. :D :D I just saw your post. I have not been to the forum for some time.
I'm a bit astonished to see this. Actually, I'm not in charge of the marketing of XSF balls. so I don't know there are changes with the price & labels. Anyway, I will let the persons-in-charge know your opinions. Thanks for your support as always. :up:

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 16:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

sssandy wrote:
Baal wrote:
I very much like the ITTF approved XSF balls and was one of their earliest and probably loudest advocate. I still recommend them without any hesitation. I think the case could be made that I have made an impact on getting people to at least try them. I still think it is the best ball on the market today.

BUT........

There a couple of things XSF are doing which make no sense and could put people off and are probably a mistake on their part.

1. Recent dramatic price increase.
2. Way too many labels for different grades of balls, which spreads confusion. This is true even for the approved balls. Why were there multiple labels and names?
3. This leads to people confusing the bad balls for the good ones, which harms the brand's reputation. Next Level knows a lot about these balls, he has also been a big advocate, and we are both somewhat confused.

XSF got off to a bad start because the original seamless prototype balls weren't good. Because of that, there has been a big barrier to overcome. It is probably a big mistake to sell anything that might remind people of that.

ssandy? Are you there? Listen to me on this. This is not good for your brand. The ball is good -- well at least the approved ones -- but I worry about the business decisions.

I'm coming. :D :D I just saw your post. I have not been to the forum for some time.
I'm a bit astonished to see this. Actually, I'm not in charge of the marketing of XSF balls. so I don't know there are changes with the price & labels. Anyway, I will let the persons-in-charge know your opinions. Thanks for your support as always. :up:

ssandy, since December 17, the price of the XSF balls has gone from around $160 for 144 balls (at places like pingpong depot) up to $290 for 144 balls (pretty much everywhere, including the Xushaofa website). These increases are showing up at nearly every reliable vendor. So please deliver my message to your higher ups. At this moment you have a great opportunity to grab market share now, because there is an emerging consensus that your only real competition in terms of playing competition is Nittaku 40+ Japan, and a month ago your balls were selling at half their price. If you could sustain that, with a growing number of people finally giving seamless balls a chance, you could knock them out -- or maybe get them to stop selling the terrible SHA ball and start marketing one of your seamless balls instead. Either way you win. A few of us here and at MyTT have gotten people to at least try them, and the ball speaks for itself. Don't mess up this chance! Nobody wants to pay the Nittaku price for a ball that breaks pretty easily. But if XSF starts getting to $2 per ball and above, well people may want to stick with the better known label.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2015, 01:52 
Super User

Check TTNPP, they have 72 3*balls for $79 with free shipping. This is by far the best price around!

USATT Rating: 2013

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2015, 23:53 

Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: Donic Bluefire JP02
BH: Donic Bluefire JP02
Here another sale at spinfactory.de with 72 *** balls for € 74.90.
http://www.spinfactory.de/baelle/3-star-ball-plastik-72er.html
These are labelled just "Xushaofa".

At dandoy belgium there is a sale with 144 *** balls for € 152.89 euro, but this one is labelled as "Xushaofa Sports".
http://tabletennisequipment.dandoy-sports.com/nl/index.php?cName=ballen-plastic

Does anyone know what is the difference between these two?
Furthermore there is a black/red coloured packing and a white packing. Which = Which?