OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 01:05 

Been told that DHS H2 are way to firm but Mark V is a wildly popular rubber for good reasons..
Been also advised on LKT rapid speed :)
Now i just want to go to dandoy, buy it ( i will not speed glue immediatly ... ), and play the sh** out of it :D
Even before official training. But for that i need to find partners

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 01:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

While you were away speed glue went the way of the dodo (i.e. it was outlawed and you can't easily get it any more). There is "booster", which has the same effect but lasts several weeks instead of just 2-3 hours (but it's technically outlawed, though people do use it). To compensate for the lack of speed glue, Butterfly and others developed "built-in speed glue" rubbers such as Tenergy and the many Tensors (which are all made by one German company but every European company that sells rubber sells it's own-branded versions - Rasant, Blue Fire, etc. etc.). Unfortunately these super-rubbers cost ridiculous amounts of money, and their speed is based on - surprise - boosting at the factory, which means they slow down and become "dead" after a month or two (so some people re-boost them).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 02:59 

:o didn't know about the speed glue! I remembered it beeing a whole process everday for friends and coaches ( i never used it ) to glue and peel off after every match/training.
I was fascinated by it. Old memories popping back :)
How do you know when a rubber has this "built-in speed glue"? Is it specified?

Last question ( sorry if i'm beeing a little persistent ), how much should i pay attention on the stats ( for blades and rubbers ) on the net.
You know, the score they give for control/speed ( and spin for rubbers ) out of 10 or 100 points.
For instance, comparing Mark V to Sriver, they both have the same speed stat but Mark V has better spin and lesser control than Sriver.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 03:54 

☆hit'n'giggle☆ wrote:
Blondie wrote:
I think Stiga allround classic can be a great alternative as blade, better control is hard to get I think, not to fast. For rubbers I think Butterflys Tenergys rubbers are great and also Stigas Calibra Lt.

+1!! Personally I don't think you can go wrong with that blade or any other brands "classic" or "most popular" or "best selling" all round blades, there will be a demand for them if they don't work out for you and you want to resell.
And please correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't the Stiga allround classic exceeded 1 million in sales worldwide. ? I think that has a lot to do with the multiple choices of handle designs and good finishing.

HnG

Agree I have been playing with Stigas all round classic for many years and think it suits the most offensive player from beginners to more advanced players due to the control in the blade. Peter Karlsson became european champion in mens single using this blade which I think shows the blades potential even though it is an all round blade.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 16:17 

Thanks for all the replies!
From what i heard, i'm thinking about getting me a stiga allround CR WRB, Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso V2 or Donic Waldner Senso V2 as wood.
Friendship 729 Higer as BH and Friendship Faster as FH ( both in 1.8 ). If they don't have it i might go for DHS H3 2.0 both side.

Good set up?
Have a nice day

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 20:12 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I think any of those would be really good. Also think about the standard Appelgren. Stiga Allround Evolution also worth a look. As far as rubbers go, LKT Xp pro is a more European non tacky rubber. Same with 729 Focus III Snipe. Also Palio Loop Attack 36-38. I think yo could go 2.0mm in most of the Chinese stuff with no problems. Some of the Chinese rubbers can be harder, if you want a bit softer then Venus II and Venus can be softer along with some others.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2015, 22:48 

Fedec wrote:
Thanks for all the replies!
From what i heard, i'm thinking about getting me a stiga allround CR WRB, Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso V2 or Donic Waldner Senso V2 as wood.
Friendship 729 Higer as BH and Friendship Faster as FH ( both in 1.8 ). If they don't have it i might go for DHS H3 2.0 both side.

Good set up?
Have a nice day

That looks like a great, allround setup, yeah. I've heard tremendous things about the Donic allround blades and I know firsthand that Stiga Allround is excellent. As for the rubbers, I haven't tried those particular ones, but aren't they the regular topsheet with different sponges? If so, solid stuff. If you wanna go fast, maybe 2.0 instead of 1.8.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!