OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2017, 02:39


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 12:10 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31049
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1336 times
Been thanked: 813 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
There are rumours that Adidas is leaving the Table Tennis Equipment market all together. See link here from AndySmith:
http://www.tt-spin.de/adidas-beendet-en ... s-branche/

I know that TT Australia is no longer sponsored by Adidas, so that might be further evidence. Has anyone else heard or seen anything?

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 12:13 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5055
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 539 times
Probably not enough money in it. Whether or not they spin off the TT products into an independent brand depends on how much of it was OEMed - the rubbers were probably just more ESN Tensors.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 12:48 
Offline
003 Style Master
003 Style Master
User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 20:23
Posts: 1650
Location: South Australia
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 155 times
Blade: Yasaka Extra
FH: Haifu Whale
BH: Xiom Vega Europe DF
This doesn't worry me too much. For some reason I've always struggled to get my head around them as a TT manufacturer. They are however my favourite for shoes and other apparel.

I also struggle to take their line of Cricket bats serious. (for the US forum members, Cricket is a game a bit like baseball but without bubble gum and spitting) :lol:

_________________
Yasaka Extra, FH Haifu Whale 2.2mm, BH Xiom Vega Europe DF 2.0mm
Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso V1, Donic Baracuda 2.0mm,BH Yasaka Original Extra 2.0mm
Sunflex Hurricane, Milky Way 955 LP OX , 729 802-40 2.0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 13:58 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2012, 14:20
Posts: 434
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 19 times
Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Donic BlueFire M2
BH: Donic BlueFire M2
This is no good for me as i find they are the only brand of shoes that I like. I have a very narrow foot for a size US11 and its hard to get well shaped shoes.

Also I like their avenger carbon blade. Its a shame if they are leaving but, if they cant break into the butterfly market share then its tough.

_________________
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: Donic BlueFire M2 MAX
BH: Donic BlueFire M2 MAX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 16:01 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31049
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1336 times
Been thanked: 813 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
For the sake of Adidas equipment users, I do hope they keep paying the ITTF fees at least for a while, so that their rubbers will remain ITTF approved, so that players have enough time to transition to another brand.

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 20:08 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 20:01
Posts: 659
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 55 times
Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
It would be a terrible shame if they left the TT market.
I use their new Tenzone ultra on the FH of a backup blaðe and really like using their SF version on the BH. Only other BH rubber that I'm comfortable using is a T05FX and I've been trying to get away from tenergy / butterfly products.
I was using an evolution 1Q XD and that was discontinued by Tibhar.
Maybe they should licence their products to be produced by someone else who is interested in replicating them. Dis-continuing a product line would discourage anyone buying any of their products going forward.
Disappointed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 22:05 
Offline
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 10:45
Posts: 2361
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 208 times
Blade: Xiom Vega Pro FL
FH: Nexy Karis M B Max
BH: Nexy Karis M R Max
Multispoke wrote:
It would be a terrible shame if they left the TT market.
I use their new Tenzone ultra on the FH of a backup blaðe and really like using their SF version on the BH. Only other BH rubber that I'm comfortable using is a T05FX and I've been trying to get away from tenergy / butterfly products.
I was using an evolution 1Q XD and that was discontinued by Tibhar.
Maybe they should licence their products to be produced by someone else who is interested in replicating them. Dis-continuing a product line would discourage anyone buying any of their products going forward.
Disappointed.


Not really concerned. Their rubbers was basic ESN fare so even if it isn't made after the exit by the company that really just paid Adidas royalties to use their brand on TT equipment (Greenmaster Fitness), it will be made for another brand by ESN. Something similar will happen to their blades.

_________________
Cobra Kai TT Exponent (Mercy effs up your Game)
One-Loop Man: One Loop... Again????
Lumberjack TT Exponent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2015, 22:18 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31049
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1336 times
Been thanked: 813 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
It's confirmed, they really are pulling out of Table Tennis. :(

NextLevel wrote:
Their rubbers was basic ESN fare so even if it isn't made after the exit by the company that really just paid Adidas royalties to use their brand on TT equipment (Greenmaster Fitness), it will be made for another brand by ESN. Something similar will happen to their blades.

Very interesting, thanks Nextlevel. I had always wondered what the relationship between Greenmaster and Adidas was... that explains it.

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 01:04 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 5055
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 539 times
NextLevel wrote:
Multispoke wrote:
It would be a terrible shame if they left the TT market.
I use their new Tenzone ultra on the FH of a backup blaðe and really like using their SF version on the BH. Only other BH rubber that I'm comfortable using is a T05FX and I've been trying to get away from tenergy / butterfly products.
I was using an evolution 1Q XD and that was discontinued by Tibhar.
Maybe they should licence their products to be produced by someone else who is interested in replicating them. Dis-continuing a product line would discourage anyone buying any of their products going forward.
Disappointed.


Not really concerned. Their rubbers was basic ESN fare so even if it isn't made after the exit by the company that really just paid Adidas royalties to use their brand on TT equipment (Greenmaster Fitness), it will be made for another brand by ESN. Something similar will happen to their blades.


apophis wrote:
This is no good for me as i find they are the only brand of shoes that I like. I have a very narrow foot for a size US11 and its hard to get well shaped shoes.

Also I like their avenger carbon blade. Its a shame if they are leaving but, if they cant break into the butterfly market share then its tough.


I'll betcha there are quite a few ESN Tensors sold by different companies that are essentially the same thing, so if the Adidas offerings disappear there are probably several identical or close clones already on the market. For anyone to be Butterfly-successful they'll have to produce something that's better than Tenergy, and so far that hasn't happened yet with a ESN rubber, just judging from what most discerning customers who don't need to actually pay for them :lol: (i.e. top international players) actually choose to use. ESN rubbers do sell because some do come close AND cost less than Tenergy. From what I understand Adidas rubbers cost MORE than Tenergy, so that's probably why they didn't sell very well.

I don't see them ever leaving the shoe market, though.. :lol:

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 08:55 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:25
Posts: 201
Location: Detroit, MI
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 16 times
I was disappointed as well -- I read it on the Bundesliga TT website, which is a pretty good authority.

I just got an Avenger blade and it's excellent -- maybe I should save it and sell it in a year and try to make some dough?! :angel: P7 was my new favorite rubber. Yeah, like many said, it's not that different than other rubbers, but different enough to catch my wallet. I'm really surprised because it seems like everyone likes Adidas products -- blades, rubbers, hell, even their glue was my favorite glue! Excellent stuff.

_________________
Kim Kyung Ah + Skyline TG 3 Neo + 799 1.2mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 14:26 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 14 Oct 2014, 12:25
Posts: 25
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
This is awful news, as I'd just recently settled on Adidas P7 as my favorite rubber after months of EJing. I believe what some have said about P7's extraordinary third ball attacking qualities is true. I haven't found the same ease of third ball attack in a number of other popular rubbers, so if anyone has suggestions for a P7 alternative (other than Butterfly Tenergies, which I'm familiar with) I'd be happy to hear them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 15:10 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31049
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1336 times
Been thanked: 813 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Sounds like a good idea for a new topic - finding alternatives for the more popular Adidas products.

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 17:23 
Offline
Count Darkula
Count Darkula
User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:07
Posts: 17332
Location: Dark side of Australia!!
Has thanked: 379 times
Been thanked: 248 times
Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
It's a damn shame that a company can get customers hooked on products like this and then just bow out leaving people in the lurch. There should be some levy on them to guarantee their product ITTF legal for a decent period after they stop producing/paying ITTF fees. I'm sure there will also be old stock around sold by unscrupulous retailers way after the rubbers are illegal that some poor bod will buy and be denied using in some competition somewhere.

_________________
I'm always in the dark, but the Dark sheds lights upon everything!! :twisted: Beauty is only pimple deep! Beauty is in the eye of the pipholder!
S/U 1: Blade: Bty Gergely . FH Black Andro Rasant 2.1 . BH Red Tibhar Grass Dtecs
S/U 2: Blade: Bty Gergely . FH Black Hexer+ 2.1 . BH Red GD Talon
S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 01:23 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 14 Oct 2014, 12:25
Posts: 25
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Reborn, or anyone else- can you explain what will happen in terms of legality of Adidas rubbers going forward? If Adidas ceases paying ITTF fees as of 12/31/15, does that mean Adidas rubbers have "illegal" status effective 1/1/16?

I'm trying to decide whether to stock up on my favorite Adidas rubber for my own personal use, or simply look for alternative rubbers starting now. I don't see the point of stocking up if the rubbers get illegal status shortly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2015, 01:31 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 23:45
Posts: 195
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Blade: Zoom Balance
FH: Omega V Asia
BH: VS>402 Limber
syncup00 wrote:
Reborn, or anyone else- can you explain what will happen in terms of legality of Adidas rubbers going forward? If Adidas ceases paying ITTF fees as of 12/31/15, does that mean Adidas rubbers have "illegal" status effective 1/1/16?

I'm trying to decide whether to stock up on my favorite Adidas rubber for my own personal use, or simply look for alternative rubbers starting now. I don't see the point of stocking up if the rubbers get illegal status shortly.


Yogi has been in touch with Greenmaster Fitness (who ran the Adidas TT operation via licence), and he says that the Adidas rubbers will remain on the ITTF list until 2017, so there is time to spare with this. I'm in the same situation - I love Tenzone Ultra and haven't found a direct replacement from the rest of the ESN lineup. I'll stick with it for now and see how things pan out.

I can only hope that Greenmaster continue their TT operation under a different name and give us rebranded equivalents. TZU and P7 are reasonably popular rubbers, and their better blades were quite unique and difficult to replace IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: