OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Xiom Omega V Pro & Tour
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016, 18:11 

Hey guys! :P
I want to ask something about rubber like on the subject above. :?:
Short story, I already have those two rubber both pro (red) and tour (black) in max for about 3 months and still counting.

I can play using both of them but I found some problems that I want to ask to you guys:

Omega Pro =
- I can only use it on my fh side because when I put it in my bh side all my block went out of table. :headbang:
- Other than block, all is in a fair condition.
- I can't loop or topspin with high effect both fh and bh sides.

Omega Tour =
- I can use this rubber for both my fh and bh, and get more advantages when its on fh side.
- It is all right when i use to block in bh side, but when it comes to fh side my block with this rubber too slow and sometimes 1/2 of my block not even cross the net.
- I can take the advantages of this rubber to loop and topspin very well on fh side, but for bh side so so

So what do you think guys? Can you guys give me your opinion which rubber should be on my fh and which one should be on my bh from the condition above? I only play once a week and sometimes twice a week. Your comment and opinion are needed guys!

Thank you very much. :rock:

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2016, 21:47 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
Can you confirm if you are still using the Xiom Vega Pro blade ?

2 guys in the club have changed their FH rubber on the above blade from a OVE & OVT to a Evolution MX-S in 2.0 for more control. Both of them have a particularly good FH stroke & one of them is division 1 standard playing around 4-5 times a week.

If you are using an advanced setup like a XVP blade with rubbers like the OVP & OVT - it involves playing a lot more than 1-2 times a week.

You could try opting for an easier to use rubber on the current blade or opting for a more control based blade or both !

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2016, 19:20 

Multispoke wrote:

2 guys in the club have changed their FH rubber on the above blade from a OVE & OVT to a Evolution MX-S in 2.0 for more control. Both of them have a particularly good FH stroke & one of them is division 1 standard playing around 4-5 times a week.

If you are using an advanced setup like a XVP blade with rubbers like the OVP & OVT - it involves playing a lot more than 1-2 times a week.

You could try opting for an easier to use rubber on the current blade or opting for a more control based blade or both !

Hi Multispoke!
Long time no see, and yes I'm still using xiom vega pro blade. Maybe I just need to make a adjustment from my previous set since I only play once a week sometimes twice a week.

I'm still waiting for tenzone ultra sf but always out of stock, and I read that MX-P has a great rating because of its speed and control. How about MX-P sponge hardness compare to XVP and XVT rubbers?

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2016, 19:58 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
henrywilliam wrote:
Multispoke wrote:

Hi Multispoke!
Long time no see, and yes I'm still using xiom vega pro blade. Maybe I just need to make a adjustment from my previous set since I only play once a week sometimes twice a week.

I'm still waiting for tenzone ultra sf but always out of stock, and I read that MX-P has a great rating because of its speed and control. How about MX-P sponge hardness compare to XVP and XVT rubbers?

MX-P is around the same hardness as XVT 47.5 degree whilst XVP is 45 degree. Evolution series rubbers are heavier than the XV series by possibly 2-3 grams.
MX-P is a fast rubber and I would question the control of it. MX-S is the control orientated version of the MX-P and is designed for the poly ball. I had difficulty using it in counter play and struggled with it in competition so I would hesitate in recommending it unless you were an advanced player.

Last night a woman in the club asked me for a knock. She would have been a good junior in her day - has come back after having a few kids but only gets out once or twice to play. Her own setup needs a change of rubbers. After playing with an IF ZLC with a T05 & T05FX and then a light SZLC with T05s on both sides I recommended a Xiom Vega Pro rubber. She hits the ball well on the FH and a soft rubber didn't do her justice. It would be rated around 47.5 degree, has the arc of a T05 and would be more control orientated than e.g. a MX-P. It would be old school. It's relatively cheap.
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/xiom-vega-pro.html

She did try a Xiom Vega Europe blade with a FLared handle (I've sold my XVP blade) shod with a XVT and a XVE and she couldn't use it. She liked the vibration of the limba from the IF ZLC. On balance I reckon that the Xiom Vega Pro blade is a hard one to master (for me personally I found it hard to use consistently compared with the XVE) and gave up on it. I sold it to a guy in a wheel chair with a Tenzone Ultra and Tenzone Ultra SF and he loves it.

If I was recommending a carbon blade now I would probably steer someone in the direction of a limba based one with ALC - something like a BTY Michael Maze. I'm not too sure if the big headed blades like the Xiom Vega series is the way to go. 2 top vets that I know that had a XVP and a XVE both reverted back to their old blades when the honeymoon period ended and those guys play at least 3-4 times a week.

You could park your current advanced setup and devise an easy to use setup. When you have developed your game you could revert back to it. Or try the XVP rubber on the FH and an easy to use BH rubber like Joola Rhymn 425 or Joola Xplode sensitive (lighter) or Acuda S2 (opt for a thinner 1.9)