OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2016, 19:27 

Blade: Innerforce ALC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: Tenergy 64 2.1
I've recently started to adapt to a chopping game style. I feel very comfortable chopping most of the time and only attacking when the ball is suitable for doing so. Honestly, the change came after I saw Joo Se Hyuk. I was instantly inspired by him.

Anyway, I've been using Butterfly Innerforce Layer, Tenergy 05 for my FH and Tenergy 64 for my BH before I started the chopping game style. After I've started chopping, I found that I'm very comfortable with the Tenergy 05 in chopping however I didn't feel the same way about the 64. I'm planning of changing the 64, however I'm not sure what to. So I was hoping that someone could point me to the right direction. Should I continue using inverted rubber or should I switch to pimples? Also, a friend told me that I should change my blade too if I'm to continue with the chopping game style, so should I or is my current blade ok?

FYI, I have access to buying only butterfly products.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2016, 20:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum m_tintin! :rock:

If you're comfortable chopping with Tenergy 05 on both sides, why not change the 64 to 05 as well?
If you don't attack much on FH or BH, you could try a thinner sponge to give you more control.

I don't think you need to change if you're comfortable with the current bat. Even Joo's bat is quite fast.

Changing to long pimples (like Joo) is dramatic change, as it requires completely different strokes, and you lose a lot of attack potential from that side. If you want to experience what it's like, try a cheap long pimple with a thin sponge and try it out... see if you think it's suitable for you.

PS Do you know this player, and her name?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2016, 07:00 

Blade: Innerforce ALC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: Tenergy 64 2.1
Thanx haggisv for the welcome and also thanx for the advise :)

It makes sense to give the 05 a try, I just thought there might be better butterfly options. I mean in my research there were a lot of chatter about Tackiness Chop II. And as you mentioned, I didn't want to sacrifice my attack. I didn't know what to do, so I needed a sound advise.

Regarding the photo, we are not relatives ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: