OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 11:15 
Cho Tokusen

I use the imitation leather (plas chamois) which is meant to clean the car. I use it moist, wipe the rubber after each session, and then put back the sticky film protector. You can see that the plas chamois will have a streak of dark stains where it gets contact with the rubber, and I washed it before putting it back to its plastic container. When the sticky film protector does not stick well (after some period of time this will happen because of the small particles of dust), I wash it with water and a bit of liquid soap, dry it, and it will be like 80% new. I never put my blade (the one I am using regularly) in a paddle case when I am not using it, so it can "breathe".

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2016, 15:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I made up a new racket with Rasant Turbo and Reactor Cyklin, and decided, this time, not to wipe the rubber dry as in the past. What I'm doing now is washing off the dust using water, wiping off most of it with my hand. Then I shake the droplets off, and then pat (not rub) it dry with a dry cloth. Hopefully the rubber will continue looking nice longer.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016, 04:37 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
I use the Ocelo sponge (Similar to what PRW posted) per Greg Lett's website.

Works awesome.

The yellow sponges above are really good for applying glue when you run out of your included sponges as found in the BTY freechalk packets. I cut those up in to small pieces for when I assemble a racket.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016, 04:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I put mine on the table and walk away. I also know I'll be changing it at least every 6 months.

I use my breath and hand to clean it.

TT manufactures rejoice!

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2016, 04:12 

Update on my storing habits-

That didn't take long for me to not do the daily routine. Perhaps the new equipment novelty already wore off ;(

This past week and a half, I just started putting it in my paddle bag and go home. No sponge wipe after, no airing out, nothing. Today is Thursday and the last time I cleaned it with cleaner and sponge was Saturday, and Monday had a water and sponge wipe prior to a game.

Did I notice a little difference playing last night? Yes. Well maybe. Although hard to isolate with all the variables such as being tired, humidity, ...etc., I want to say that I think some of my brushes and light lifts seemed to not get the results I was expecting. Sometimes just seeing the ball dying and not getting over the net. My spinny serves didn't seem as spinny, but I could just be imagining it though. Easy to blame the equipment when it could just be me the player.

Going to get back to proper cleaning every night.