OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 11:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Set up Advice
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 15:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

adz2332 wrote:
do you rate the galaxy rubbers as good as you do there blades?

I like 9000 (quite cheap). Apollo III and Big Dipper are OK (expensive, though). Didn't like Mars, Venus II turned out to be way too heavy. Haven't tried any of the others.

Oh yeah, Mercury II is also good (and cheap).

Iskandar

Last edited by iskandar taib on 17 Aug 2016, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 15:46 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

adz2332 wrote:
so might give a galaxy a try

Narrowed it down to the T1, T2 or leaning more towards the Galaxy Yin-He Uranus 2 blade. any opinions?

With the galaxy Appollo factory tuned 2mm back hand side
and
Galaxy mars V2 black 2mm forehand side

Don't know anything about those blades. The ones I have bought I bought because someone on this forum recommended it, and I ended up really liking the N11 (even if it's the cheapest one) - I keep coming back to it after trying something else. Keme said it had great feel for looping, I find it's got a really crisp flat hit as well as feeling great for looping. It's also about the right weight for me (80 grams). Other Yinhe blades I've tried:

W-6 (Loop King) - highly recommended by many here. For me it's a little too heavy and a little too slow. About $26. I've sold mine to a friend.

896. Recommended mainly by Der Echte. It's more or less a N11 with paulownia (I think) face plies. Slower than a N11, better for chopping. Lots of vibration, one user didn't like the vibration, said it wasn't the right sort that gives feedback.

N10. Quite different from the N11, quite heavy, the handle looks the same.

N6. Thick, heavy blade. Way too fast for over-the-table play. I got this cheap when Eacheng was doing auctions on ebay.

Huichuan. Don't think this is even made by Yinhe, though Eacheng says it is! This is an old-style basswood blade, if I recall correctly, slightly heavy, hard. Also another ebay auction purchase (together with a couple sheets of 729 XL). Newer version of the Huichuan (to be honest, I don't know if this is the same thing):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Table-T ... 1627897761

Cheapest price on the N11 is $10.95 on ebay (these are actually the same people I recommended earlier, just on ebay!):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Yinhe-G ... 2474473248

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 16:20 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
iskandar taib wrote:
adz2332 wrote:
do you rate the galaxy rubbers as good as you do there blades?

I like 9000 (quite cheap). Apollo III and Big Dipper are OK (expensive, though). Didn't like Mars, Venus II turned out to be way too heavy. Haven't tried any of the others.

Oh yeah, Mercury II is also good (and cheap).

Iskandar

I concur: 9000 is an awesome rubber! I highly recommend it.

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 21:26 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
If you're in Adelaide and if you are within coo-ee of the OOAK shop (at Mawson Lakes) or one of the clubs Haggisv plays at (like Brighton) pay him a visit and have a chat about what might suit you best. At the shop he can show you different options too. This is the most likely way for you to end up with something best suiting you. Give OOAK a call and arrange it if you can.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 22:30 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
If you're in Adelaide and if you are within coo-ee of the OOAK shop (at Mawson Lakes) or one of the clubs Haggisv plays at (like Brighton) pay him a visit and have a chat about what might suit you best. At the shop he can show you different options too. This is the most likely way for you to end up with something best suiting you. Give OOAK a call and arrange it if you can.

This! 8-)

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 23:16 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
rokphish2 wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

This! 8-)

Yep

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 09:40 

Cobalt wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

This! 8-)

Yep

Geez i didnt know they were so close to me!
will head in there sat and have a chat
will post what i come out with!!

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 11:29 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
bring him a beer or two... 8)

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 14:52 

Blade: DHS HK III
FH: Juic 999 Turbo 2.0
BH: Juic 999 Turbo 2.0
Luna and Alex are great people to deal with and will only be too happy to help you out. Though i doubt having 270 blades to choose from is going to help your decision making any easier so it might be a good idea to narrow it down a little in your own mind. Also afaik you will need to contact them prior for an appointment as they are busy people and are not always available.

Good luck and all the best.

HnG

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 16:27 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I'd say have three or five that would all be fine then just perhaps try get a feel of the handles to see what you think fits bets. You will adapt very quickly to the small variances in play.

Just take their advice on rubbers.