OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Joola NOVIC blue sponge
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 20:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I just glued on some Joola NOVIC rubbers onto a blade, and was surprised how the dark the red sheet is. The sponge is blue, so if the red sheet is a little too translucent, the blue can really darken the topsheet, which is what I think is the case with this rubber.
I'm not sure if the ITTF approve just the topsheet or the topsheet with sponge, but I suspect the former as it looks too dark to me, possibly below the legal brightness limit.

I've not tried the rubber, but it does not look too bad. Medium hardness blue sponge, smells tuned and comes in a sealed package.

Here is it (left) of a more regular red rubber.
Attachment:
joola-novic-red.JPG
joola-novic-red.JPG [ 25.54 KiB | Viewed 1263 times ]

Perhaps it's ok, but it's certainly one of the darkest I've seen.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 21:13 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
What blade is the left one?

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 22:34 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
Whoa... I want to have a translucent black with white or bright-yellow sponge for the other side...

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 23:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Red wrote:
Whoa... I want to have a translucent black with white or bright-yellow sponge for the other side...
I don't think I've ever seen a translucent black sheet.

rokphish2 wrote:
What blade is the left one?
That's a BTY Power 7.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 23:32 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Yeah if not for the standard red and black, I would have opted neon colours woulda blinded the opponents haha

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 01:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
I just glued on some Joola NOVIC rubbers onto a blade, and was surprised how the dark the red sheet is. The sponge is blue, so if the red sheet is a little too translucent, the blue can really darken the topsheet, which is what I think is the case with this rubber.
I'm not sure if the ITTF approve just the topsheet or the topsheet with sponge, but I suspect the former as it looks too dark to me, possibly below the legal brightness limit.

Check out Reactor Ckylin (both versions) sometime. Same dark color, and they do put blue sponge behind a red topsheet. Something, I notice, that DHS avoids doing, even for "National" H3, which is supposed to have the magic blue sponge (the red sheets use orange sponge). The normal Ckylin uses a baby blue sponge, the expensive Big Pore Ckylin has a really dark blue sponge.

Anyone remember the original Friendship 729? It was a plum purple color, and the sponge was blue. Don't remember if the topsheet was actually red, or if it really was purple. Of course, no ITTF color rules back then (in fact, no two color rule even).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 20:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes Globe did not release their 999 National in red because the blue sponge would make the red too dull. Similarly JUIC Couga was only released in black, because the black sponge made the red too dull.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 21:36 

haggisv wrote:
Yes Globe did not release their 999 National in red because the blue sponge would make the red too dull. Similarly JUIC Couga was only released in black, because the black sponge made the red too dull.

Globe National in red has a orange sponge.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 23:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

haushamerschuah wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Yes that's what I meant. :up: It was released with an orange sponge, because the blue sponge would have made the red too dull.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2016, 17:47 

haggisv wrote:
haushamerschuah wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Yes that's what I meant. :up: It was released with an orange sponge, because the blue sponge would have made the red too dull.

Oh, sorry. Please apologise my missunderstanding.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!