OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 09:08 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Grubba is a vastly underrated blade, I'd pick that out of your list and happily still use it myself. Stiga AR classic a good alternative.

Mendo probably a good choice from the rubbers. Again, I would still happily use them.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 22:36 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
LordCope wrote:
To clarify: the "premade" rackets at japsko are properly glued, and are only premade in the sense that the rubber selection and blade selection is already predetermined.

I recommend this because it takes the overthinking out of the endeavour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over thinking is why we are all here. :-)

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 04 May 2017, 23:08 

Hi there,
Just checked out this thread as I'm in a similar position - similar budget and needs.
After getting thoroughly confused about blades and rubbers, I was also looking at getting a Yasaka Original or Yasaka Mark V premade bat (about 50-60 euros; thinking it was better value perhaps)...but just want to confirm that according to the responses here, that this would be a bad idea?

I think I tend to play offensively (but that may be due to the fact that my current bat has no spin - I would like a bat that will help my current control and speed, but also allow me to explore other types of play eg. loop, sidespin, play further off the table to return slams)...similar to the original poster I think, but if there are any other thoughts for getting custom blade and rubbers, I'd really appreciate it.

Finally, also want to ask, should the backhand rubber be different to the forehand one?

PostPosted: 04 May 2017, 23:44 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

You would only have different rubbers it your abilities or style were different on each side. Add this stage of recommend just getting the same on both. Something middle of the road.

Those bats are likely OK for a start. The mark v one definitely. There is some discussion elsewhere here about that bat. If I were you though for that price, I'd perhaps get a Swedish All \ All + blade and put some softer Chinese rubbers on it, then maybe look to upgrade the rubbers when worn in a year or so.

PostPosted: 06 May 2017, 23:47 

Hi Cobalt,
Thanks for your advice. I've been looking for custom choices based on your suggestions:)
Wondering if any of these 3 blades would be better than the other? (They are all made in Sweden; one is actually an OFF blade, but I noticed some good reviews on it and it is on special lol...I think I'm pretty fast at adapting/learning but would it be too much of a jump to learn strokes properly?)

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/yasaka-sweden-classic-new
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/yasaka-sweden-extra
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/yasaka-ma-lin-extra-special

PostPosted: 07 May 2017, 09:09 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

I use the previous model of Sweden extra, highly rated blade. I've always wanted to try the Sweden Classic too as it's also a great blade and similar the Donic Appelgren Allplay. No need for the Ma Lin Off, the others are fast enough. In fact definitely don't get it, too fast.

Every Monday there are different specials on tt11 and most weeks there is a decent All\All+ blade cheap.

As far as rubbers go mark v would be great, otherwise if want cheaper maybe LKT XP pro, Galaxy Mars II 33 deg or Dawei XP 2000.

What's you budget?

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 00:47 

My budget for a bat+rubber is about 50 euros (NZ$80). Adding a sponge and case, I wanted to keep it under NZ$100 all up.
(By the way, I see you're from Australia; I'm at the top of the South Island in New Zealand;)

I will stay away from the Ma Lin Off blade lol - thanks:)

I'd like to get the Yasaka Sweden Extra blade; I'd have to go for the cheaper rubbers - I found the LKT XP pro rubber on the tabletennis11 site. I couldn't find the others you suggested on the same site, but found these at a similar price, if you have any thoughts...
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/nittaku-micro
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/friendship-729-fx-super-soft
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/spinlord-adler-ii

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 19:44 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

I'm assuming a EUR 50 budget not including postage.

If I were choosing a blade for you I'd consider something around the EUR24 mark such as: -
Donic Appelgren Allplay
Yasaka Sweden Classic
Donic Waldner Allplay
Donic Walder Senso V1 (Off-) is on special this week if you want something a little quicker
Stiga Allround Classic (EUR26)
Yasaka Sweden Extra (EUR27)

You could then pair with a couple of EUR13 rubbers such as : -
729 FX SuperSoft (which you had picked)
LKT Pro XP (non-tacky)
LKT Rapid Sound
Not sure about the Adlers, Marders or the Nikkatu Micro, might be good.
DHS Hurrican Neo is on special this week for EUR 14

If you were to shop locally from the Ooak shop in Aus (forum sponsor) www.tabletennisshop.com.au you could pick up a similar package for the same price, if not slightly cheaper : -
AUD $75 = NZD $80
Donic Applegren Allplay or Walder Allplay or Avalox AVX-V1 about AUD $45
You could also go a Donic Exclusive for $5 cheaper. They are still good blades but made in China, not Sweden.
For AUD16 you could get 729 SuperSoft, 999 Globe, LKT Pro XT

My choice would be an Appelgren Allplay with LKT Pro XP or XT depending on whether you want tacky or not but to be honest I've heard of them not being a lot different. On that basis: -
Cost for TT11 EUR 50.28 = NZD 79.50
Cost for Ooakshop AUD $77 = NZD 82.07

Not much in it, might depend on postage. You might even find Ooak shop price match.

All the best with your selection, its a fun time.

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 01:12 

Thank you for all that detail! Gave me lots to look at, especially as I hadn't even looked at Donic before.
I see reviews saying that the handle may be a bit large for women (which I am), and I'm not that tall/big so I hesitate there..
But I have lots to go on; thanks again!

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 08:18 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

I know the Appelgren Allplay (flare) has a smaller handle, maybe not small as such but certainly would be suitable. The Waldner Allplay (straight) is quite thin so if looking at straight then should be good. I use anatomic as it feels thicker in the hand so maybe stay clear of that.

The shops mentioned above have good service so if choosing between a few you could ask them how big the handles are and what might be best.

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 16:13 

Okay, will do!