OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: The Bat bat
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 15:16 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
A set of 2 Batbats and 3 dark grey Batballs on sale at AU$21! Holy temptation!

Attachments:
IMG_6140.JPG
IMG_6140.JPG [ 925.23 KiB | Viewed 1944 times ]

Post subject: Re: The Bat bat
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 15:34 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Sent free sample to Iskandar. He got couple of Batwings for testing. :P

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 15:40 
Super User

They have Superman sets there as well, so you could get some Batman vs Superman games happening.

Apparently these bats are legal for league matches – Justice League, that is. :P

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 20:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Those batballs really look interesting.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 20:41 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Those batballs really look interesting.. :lol:

If you dash them to the floor, they shatter. No, they don't contain smoke. They're just poly balls made by DHS.

Ah, just kidding! I did buy a set, and will report back.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 21:13 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I take it everyone's seen this:

I actually saw this in the cinema as a kid, I actually remember the shark spray (if not the rack), but not the policemen removing their hats... :lol: That batcopter looks somewhat underwhelming these days... The whole movie USED to be on YouTube, but they seem to have gotten rid of it. This one I didn't know existed though:

Good grief. Three hours long. Will probably watch it over the weekend before they take it down, too. And I'm looking forward to that Lego version that's coming this summer.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2017, 07:03 
Super User

Alas, my dreams of table tennis superheroics are no more. The Batbats come with a medium thickness yellow sponge on each side – what thickness you'll get may not be the same on each side – under a thin layer of textured, non-pimpled, non-rubber, slippery material with that picture of Batman printed on it. The Batman logo in the lens on the handle is a feature unavailable in blades costing hundreds more (are you reading this, Butterfly and ZJK??? Probably not. :P )

A complete racket weighs 99–100 grams. I found that out at the wayne (weighin'. Get it??? :rock: )

At some stage I'll probably peel the sponge & pics off one of the bats to find out the blade weight. Forget about lifting the ball with grip, because the "rubber" doesn't have any.

I didn't try any, but the Batbat might be good for punch serves. Yes? Ah, never mind. :devil:

The Batball is much softer and bounces much lower than a good TT ball – despite this, I must repeat that it really isn't an original DHS 40+ poly ball! :P

Rallies consisted of poking the ball slightly upwards to get it over the net. Sometimes a smash was possible as long as the stars aligned for the super-slow racket. Still, I actually won about 5 of my first 6 casual rallies with the Batbat and Batball against a proper double inverted player because of the dead, low-friction racket and the low-bouncing ball.

Not Wayne Enterprises' best effort. I hope their grappling hooks grip better than their racket coverings!

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2017, 07:10 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Whoever is selling those must be a bit of a Joker!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2017, 07:27 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
hangdog wrote:
Alas, my dreams of table tennis superheroics are no more. The Batbats come with a medium thickness yellow sponge on each side – what thickness you'll get may not be the same on each side – under a thin layer of textured, non-pimpled, non-rubber, slippery material with that picture of Batman printed on it. The Batman logo in the lens on the handle is a feature unavailable in blades costing hundreds more (are you reading this, Butterfly and ZJK??? Probably not. :P )

A complete racket weighs 99–100 grams. I found that out at the wayne (weighin'. Get it??? :rock: )

At some stage I'll probably peel the sponge & pics off one of the bats to find out the blade weight. Forget about lifting the ball with grip, because the "rubber" doesn't have any.

I didn't try any, but the Batbat might be good for punch serves. Yes? Ah, never mind. :devil:

The Batball is much softer and bounces much lower than a good TT ball – despite this, I must repeat that it really isn't an original DHS 40+ poly ball! :P

Rallies consisted of poking the ball slightly upwards to get it over the net. Sometimes a smash was possible as long as the stars aligned for the super-slow racket. Still, I actually won about 5 of my first 6 casual rallies with the Batbat and Batball against a proper double inverted player because of the dead, low-friction racket and the low-bouncing ball.

Not Wayne Enterprises' best effort. I hope their grappling hooks grip better than their racket coverings!

Perhaps it's approved for TTX? We have not heard from that crew for quite some time...

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 12:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

iskandar taib wrote:

Watched about an hour and a half of this so far, it's not that good and not nearly as funny as the 1960s one, though it has its moments. Fell asleep a couple times and had to rewind. I can see why this one isn't nearly as popular as the 1960s movie, at least on YouTube. A lot of people might want to forget it was ever made, it's pretty xenophobic, having to do with a ring of Japanese spies doing nefarious things to Americans. "This was part of a foriegn land transported bodily to America and known as Little Tokyo. Since a wise government rounded up the shifty-eyed Japs it has become virtually a ghost town...." The bad guys were VERY obvious Caucasians badly made up to look "Japanese" (not convincing at all.. pretty funny, too :lol: ) speaking up their noses. Ah well, it WAS 1943, after all, at least they didn't keep saying "honorable" all the time. Right up the sleeve of Trump supporters, though, so maybe it'll see a revival.

Everyone walks around (and fights) in suit and tie, and hat. No real Batmobile, in fact, most of the time Batman and Robin don't drive, Alfred chauffeurs them around in a big black convertible (you wonder why they don't take their hats off when the top is down.. :lol: ). They do seem to get beaten up a lot, the fight scenes are pretty funny. This Alfred is very different from the more recent ones, this one cringes when faced with bad guys. Really bad special effects, too, especially that ray gun. The bad guys are after radium, which was the stuff of pseudo-scientific worship in the 1920s and 30s (I remember a Biggles book where they went looking for it), the source of mystical "scientific" powers. For some reason, the Gotham City Foundation (whatever that was) had need to keep "several grams" (I wonder why it wasn't "several ounces" - this is America, after all :lol: ) on hand, in a safe. So far, no bat-plane (though there IS a plane - something obviously from the 1930s, with the windshield sloping towards the pilots) - I recall seeing a drawing of the first bat-plane, which was a P-40 with scalloped wings, and was hoping it was in this movie. Well, there's another hour to go yet...

Best special effect so far - that repaint job - that was clever. I wonder how they didn't manage to paint the windows at the same time.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 21:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Soooo looking forward to this... :lol:

Incidentally, what does the "youtubePL" tag do? (Let's try it out..)

[youtubePL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSQTVdF3QM[/youtubePL]

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 22:05 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

hangdog wrote:
Got it. Like it.
hangdog wrote:
Got that too. Love it, but I didn't try it either, yet. Not a proper refreshment for workdays.

Clearly, we are talking about a [] here, right? ( Get it? :P No, I won't spell it out just yet...)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 23:45 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

iskandar taib wrote:
Incidentally, what does the "youtubePL" tag do? (Let's try it out..)

[youtubePL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSQTVdF3QM[/youtubePL]

Iskandar

You need a YouTube playlist for that tag to work. Here's one (also serves as a hint for my previous post :wink: ):

Use the Quote button to see how it's entered, or just point at the "youtubePL button when editing.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 15:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

keme wrote:
Clearly, we are talking about a [] here, right? ( Get it? :P No, I won't spell it out just yet...)

I'll have to wait until you do, not a clue yet on my part.. :lol:

Ebay sent me this in my email this morning:

ImageImage

No, I'm not planning to buy any, but I wonder what those two brown Batmen are in the back... :lol: There's also the guy in the bunny ears and the PINK batman in the front row, on the left.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 16:37 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

iskandar taib wrote:
keme wrote:
I'll have to wait until you do, not a clue yet on my part.. :lol:
Can't keep it in... (note to self: have to stop talking by way of Cat Stevens songs.)

[] is just two (or perhaps even "a matched pair of") B-rackets...