OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Advice for a new blade
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 00:24 

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum since december and I feel like I should ask before I buy :D

Having a Butterfly Boll Allround (grey handle) with Mark V 2.0 on BH and Max on FH, I would like to buy a cheaper combo to test something different and also to get a feel for what the chinese equipment is like.

For me, my bat feels a bit heavy and slow, almost as if it is absorbing most of the energy unless I really dig in.

I've been looking at Yinhe/Galaxy blades (and rubbers) but I am a bit overwhelmed by the amount of stuff they have and I don't want to make a purchase that ends up feeling like the same equipment I already have.

A blade that is more "alive" is what I think I want (if that makes sense) :lol:

Regards to you all

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 02:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

A N11 should feel quite "lively", I think. :lol: Consider it's only $11 including shipping, why not? Rubber - almost anything - Batwings, 868, Yinhe Mercury II, 9000, Corbor... about five dollars a sheet. Or try a Sanwei M8 instead (or get both... :lol: ). That blade's only $8 including shipping.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 06:52 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
What level are you kouros, would have thought your set up was fine. Chinese rubbers are all similar so if wanting cheap just go anything as suggested. I've found Mars 2 to be good along with the LKT pros and lkt Rapid range.

If you want a cheap blade the n11 is a good choice. The t11 is pretty quick and the w6 is a good blade but by the time you spend the money on them, might as well go for a Tibhar Power wood or something.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 09:00 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

Your setup sounds pretty average in weight already. The TB All isn't heavy and Mark V isn't heavy, maybe it could just be you aren't used to swinging around regular equipment?

In terms of blades, some very good ones are the YinHe W6, Yinhe 896 and Sanwei M8. They are all relatively tame wood blades, but will definitely provide more than your TB All. YinHe blades tend to have bigger head sizes than other blades, so they might feel even heavier.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 20:49 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
The biggest problem I see here is that you think your blade is heavy. Mark V as I recall isn't that heavy so quite a huge selection out of the cheap rubbers won't satisfy you. Same with the blade which is around 85g iirc and another problem may occur if you're going for a lighter blade and rubbers that are similar in weight compared to Mark V. That setup would feel more head-heavy than your actual one which could let you think that your new racket feels even heavier while performing strokes.

So, the question I have is where exactly are you missing the liveliness in your current setup? Would just a new blade with more bounce but otherwise not too different properties at maybe 5 grams less already be sufficient? A lot of blades in that range are stiffer than your Boll Allround, would that translate into a problem to you or would you accept to work and adapt to it over time?

By the way, I've just placed an order for a Galaxy T-7 at +-$20 including shipping. Hinoki+Arylate Carbon sounds interesting, as does the similarity with BTY TBS or Cofferlait. Let's see what piece of wonder it is this time. It will have to work with the rubbers I actually have in use.
And yes, I know that it will take about a week before the order is processed.