OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Rubber for forehand
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 06:16 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
On a stratus power defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 07:10 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
A good choice of blade!

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 11:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Harrison0316 wrote:
i'm currently using Joola Falcon Fast, Tenergy 05 as backhand and Yasaka XTEND HS for forehand, i need a new rubber for forehand. i play defensively with my forehand a lot, but i need pretty decent attack power as well, any recommendations?

I guess the point I was making here is that it's futile to ask a question like this without providing a LOT more detail. And equally pointless in trying to answer it. I could have answered "use Tenergy 05" or I could have written "use Batwings", it wouldn't have made any difference - both rubbers can and have been used by many, many people who chop (and attack) on the forehand.

To answer my own question - what's wrong with Tenergy 05 - first of all, it's very expensive. I don't think this is a problem here, he's already using it on his backhand so he can obviously afford it. The other problem is that for a lot of people it's probably going to be too much rubber for a chopping game. We don't know how good this person is - if he's National Player caliber, sure, Tenergy 05 would work in most cases, he'd be able to handle it. Even if he were rated 1700+ I still think some people would still be able to make use of it effectively. Then again, maybe he's 1100 level, or even a basement player (who's been reading too many rubber reviews on the forums and has deep pockets) - he doesn't enlighten us any further on this point. He doesn't even say what blade he uses. In any case, I've often said that, to a lot of people, the choice of rubber isn't really all that important, or doesn't make as much difference as a lot of posters make it out to be, not as much as the choice of blade does. Everyone's looking for that magic sheet that helps them jump 300 ratings points, I don't believe it exists.

Which reminds me - maybe I should finally go buy a sheet of 05 as I've been meaning to do for a couple of years, just to see what the hype is all about. I suspect I'll be disappointed, as I was when trying out Tensors. Or at least, I hope I'm disappointed, I don't want to end up having to buy more of it the rest of my life... :lol: :lol: :lol: Then again, there's so much else to try out before that - just got a sheet of Tin Arc, and there's those sheets of Kangaroo... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2017, 03:06 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Harrison0316 wrote:
i'm currently using Joola Falcon Fast, Tenergy 05 as backhand and Yasaka XTEND HS for forehand, i need a new rubber for forehand. i play defensively with my forehand a lot, but i need pretty decent attack power as well, any recommendations?

As you have a fast blade I would suggest a high quality medium euro non tensor rubber such as xiom musa or similar. Although ternergy 05 seems popular in 1.7mm for defending that is usually on slow Def blades.

From my own experience musa 1.8 or 2.0mm can chop and block well whilst still giving plenty of pace when needed on a fast blade very linear i.e. lots of gears.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 20:55 

My name is Thomas and i have been playing for 2 years. I have a question about the which Forehand rubber to use. Due to a muscle problem i am a bit slower and have a hard time away from the table. I have learn to play on the bounce with flat hitting and on the Forehand side i need a new (the other got wasted) rubber that compliments my needs as mentioned above.
To sum up i have this blade http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/butt ... arbon.html
1)i want to play close to the table almost on the bounce
2) I can block well
3) I am OK at topspin but not great (improving every week)
4) I have a bad smash partly because i don't let the ball bounce high, so i practice only on training.
5) I think hitting flat helps me more than spin since it takes time away from my opponent.Any suggestions?

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017, 00:08 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
MasterYoda wrote:
My name is Thomas and i have been playing for 2 years. I have a question about the which Forehand rubber to use. Due to a muscle problem i am a bit slower and have a hard time away from the table. I have learn to play on the bounce with flat hitting and on the Forehand side i need a new (the other got wasted) rubber that compliments my needs as mentioned above.
To sum up i have this blade http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/butt ... arbon.html
1)i want to play close to the table almost on the bounce
2) I can block well
3) I am OK at topspin but not great (improving every week)
4) I have a bad smash partly because i don't let the ball bounce high, so i practice only on training.
5) I think hitting flat helps me more than spin since it takes time away from my opponent.Any suggestions?

You could try an SP :devil:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017, 05:57 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
+1 what you describe is definitely a good use case for a SP.