OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 18:20 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
For the context of this post, this is what I mean: after putting the FLIII on my backhand, the ball left my T64 with considerably more speed and catapult effect than it did when I had Spectol on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 19:04 

Blade: ARTTE Nuvola
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD
BH: sauer und tröger eas
It 's normal that changes, because you go to intervene on the mechanical characteristics of the blade.
We must not blame the sponge, but the combination of the two rubbers.
When the tires are glued to the blade forms a single body.
For example, if you use a very flexible blade and stick together two very rigid tires you will have an average rigid body.
As well as if you use a very rigid blade and pasting two very rigid rubbers you will have a very rigid body.
Therefore it is very important to choose a right blade for the tires you want to use and reverse.
Of course the main choice should be based on the style of play for each of us.

^_^

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 19:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Just from the point of view of mechanics, I don't think rubbers will add anything to the stiffness of a wood blade. Rubber is so much LESS rigid than wood, after all. And blades aren't really flexible at all (you can try this yourself - clamp the handle to a table and then put progressively greater weights on the blade, and see how much the neck bends before it breaks off - and it will be the neck that bends, not the blade). What might change is the vibrational characteristics of the blade - how it vibrates when it strikes the ball.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 20:17 

214/5000
so also it changes the vibration, but I can assure you that despite being made of rubber, the mechanical caretteristiche change.
we speak of very low values, but sufficient to significantly change conduct.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 21:30 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
dunc wrote:
For the context of this post, this is what I mean: after putting the FLIII on my backhand, the ball left my T64 with considerably more speed and catapult effect than it did when I had Spectol on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Exactly my point, how fast is T64 ?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2017, 11:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Essemme wrote:
214/5000
so also it changes the vibration, but I can assure you that despite being made of rubber, the mechanical caretteristiche change.
we speak of very low values, but sufficient to significantly change conduct.

What exactly can you assure me of, though? The problem is - proof. Where are the calculations? The testing? The high speed cameras? This is a problem when discussing anything about table tennis bats - everyone "feels" something, until there's actual measurement done it's just a matter of opinion. Or feeling. That's all we have to go by otherwise.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2017, 21:08 

Yes you are right!
Not enough to have a thirty-year experience in the construction and mechanical engineering industry.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2017, 01:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
the below is from a german forum where the reverse happens-backhand pips are thrown off due to forehand rubber
Henny6882
Post subject: Re: Grubba Pro All- as Def wood?ContributionPosted: Saturday, June 30th 2012, 12:25 pm

So, after the disappointment about our departure on Thursday, now also my impressions to the test with Donic x2 in 1.8.

The VH is now much more comfortable to play than with T05. The wood seems to have a built-spin automatic, since all balls came much sharper than with my reflection wood, with the same covering.

Unfortunately the D.Tecs suffered, as feared, under the new VH covering. The control is much worse and the balls which came before simply easy to play come now always too long.

So I am still superior whether I give the Kombi yet another testchance, or sell them ...

If someone is interested, he can gladly report, perhaps I will take the decision.
Oh, and more favorable than the defense, I am certainly also:)
TRANSLATED FROM GOOGLE

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2017, 01:29 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Yeah, I played again last night with the same setup and 100% this T64 is harder to control and faster on the same blade from when I had Spectol on to now using FLIII.

I'm going to try a new forehand rubber because the FLIII is working nicely for me at the moment.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)